Post-Game Talk: Canadiens at Rangers - November 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
It's early in the year, but this is an absurd stat.

The Rangers have shutouts in 25% of their games. They are 17th in the league in GA/G. In games where the Rangers do not shut out the opponent, they allow an average of 3.6 goals against.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Well what are you saying? In what way was that important? The Rangers were already winning and Montreal wasn't even pushing back.

Are Hank and Klein better friends now, will Hank stop more pucks in the future?

Let me pose the flip side. Every Ranger stands there and watches the situation play out, watches to see if Henrik gets up and is alright. It's not about whether Klein and Henrik are best buds forever, it is not melodramatic like that.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Well what are you saying? In what way was that important? The Rangers were already winning and Montreal wasn't even pushing back.

Are Hank and Klein better friends now, will Hank stop more pucks in the future?

As important as assembling a team full of talent is bringing together a group of guys willing to play for each other. I'm not a fan of fighting, but this kind of thing brings the whole group together.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
If uve ever had a teammate or a buddy fight for you you'd know the answer to that question. It means a lot

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
It's early in the year, but this is an absurd stat.

The Rangers have shutouts in 25% of their games. They are 17th in the league in GA/G. In games where the Rangers do not shut out the opponent, they allow an average of 3.6 goals against.
Check out Montreal. They are 16-6-1. Their losses:

7-1
3-0
6-2
5-0
4-0
5-0

CDiablo

Jul 18, 2012
That is how a good team should play against a 2nd day back to back team with their backup in. I guess I understand why teams start their main goalie when doing B2B's against us.

Hank had a easy night for the first time in a while, should happen more often.

Not taking anything away from the team. They should be proud of their play and hopefully ride this play through Tampa Bay. Still cautiously optimistic. Cant wait for McDonagh to get back in the mix.

Last edited:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Wednesday should be very interesting to see how we play. I think we end up playing a very good game

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
How does everyone feel about a healthy Lee Stempniak being scratched in favor of Glass/Fast?

Fast was good, Glass actually was somewhat effective today. I just think that 4th line with Stempniak-Moore-Fast could be so much better.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
I'd throw up if Stempniak was scratched to keep Glass in.

Don't give a **** how good they were.

Open Mind

Nov 14, 2014
Lol the fight made zero impact on the game.

Really only the players can speak to that, but does a play like that necessarily need to make an impact this game to make an actual impact? As a player, I appreciate plays like that. Most players do. Hank post game: "Klein stepped up for me there which is good to see." Little things like that stick with guys after the game is over; the impact carries. Doing zero when your goalie gets nailed can have an impact too.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Check out Montreal. They are 16-6-1. Their losses:

7-1
3-0
6-2
5-0
4-0
5-0

It's about as absurd. Their OT loss was 3-2.

So... in wins, the team scores 3.31 goals per game. In losses, 0.57 goals per game. In wins, the team allows 1.5 goals per game. In losses, 4.71 goals per game.

Those numbers are insane. Small sample size produces wonders, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad