Post-Game Talk: Canadiens at Rangers - November 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Yes. I think they don't always award secondary assists.

The only time they don't award secondary assists is when only one teammate touched the puck before the goal scorer. If two teammates were the last two players to touch the puck before the goal scorer, they both get assists. This is not at the discretion of the official scorer.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
The only time they don't award secondary assists is when only one teammate touched the puck before the goal scorer. If two teammates were the last two players to touch the puck before the goal scorer, they both get assists. This is not at the discretion of the official scorer.

In the direct passing situations, this is true, but I've seen second assists lost in incredibly choppy plays like the one last night. I can't quantify it.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
In the direct passing situations, this is true, but I've seen second assists lost in incredibly choppy plays like the one last night. I can't quantify it.

It's rarely happened. At least, not since the advent of video replay. We would see a lot more post-game changes if it were common.

Open Mind

Nov 14, 2014

It's better these days then some of those shady assists I remember in the 80s, when you'd see star players getting assists while they were on the bench lol

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
I still haven't seen a video with Prust running into Hank. Was it not that bad?

No it wasn't too bad. Enough to knock him down but it was more of an incidental contact thing with Hank coming out of net towards the blue line for a loose puck and Prust coming in from blue line for it. Prust definitely pulled up.

Vickers8

No it wasn't too bad. Enough to knock him down but it was more of an incidental contact thing with Hank coming out of net towards the blue line for a loose puck and Prust coming in from blue line for it. Prust definitely pulled up.

Pulled up but still bumped him for no reason, kudos to Kevin Klein for sticking up for his teammates. he has been a pleasant surprise this season and we got him for Delzaster :handclap:

Vickers8

When MSL stole the puck from Emelin and beat Koharski my son and I texted each other the same thing "WOW"

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Love the homer reaction it was Hank's fault...morons

It was Hank's fault. This drives me nuts with goalies. If you want to leave your crease, especially in that area (i.e., not behind the net), you deserve to get hit just like anyone else. Prust should be allowed to completely blow him up there if he wants to. It's an unfair advantage these goalies have outside of the crease.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
It was Hank's fault. This drives me nuts with goalies. If you want to leave your crease, especially in that area (i.e., not behind the net), you deserve to get hit just like anyone else. Prust should be allowed to completely blow him up there if he wants to. It's an unfair advantage these goalies have outside of the crease.

Goalies are at a disadvantage based on the equipment they wear. Very little mobility.

It's a rule for the goalie. Just like the goalie can cover pucks in the crease but a skater cannot, Goalies cannot be intentionally hit outside of the crease area.

Vickers8

Huh? Most reactions are about how it was a non incident. You want to see ridiculous reactions, check out posts from Montreal fans about Henrik diving.

I'm not saying it was Hank's fault, Montreal announcers blaming Hank, what was Prust supposed to do, BS he didn't have to hit him and he did...see Stepan

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Says a guy that's never been run into wearing goalie gear

Our helmets arent meant to take contact and our shoulder pads aren't made for contact

Not to mention we are playing pucks with a baseball glove covering our fingers so not easy to do.

U want goalies fair game out of the crease? Ridiculous

Last edited:

Vickers8

Kreider hits Koharski like that, it's a penalty

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Kreider hits Koharski like that, it's a penalty

Don-Koharski4.jpg

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

With their padding and other equipment, goalies are at a distinct disadvantage when they leave the crease. It would be silly to treat them the same as a regular skater just because they leave the confines of their crease. Being protected from getting run isn't an advantage they have over other players; it's just a rule to protect them and help mitigate the disadvantage they're at due to their equipment.

I'd ban goalies from leaving the crease/trapezoid before I make them fair game. The latter would just be terrible.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

I'm more laughing at how the Montreal announcers were calling it a dive by Lundqvist and he was "selling it" and "bailed out" and it's funny how you see that color the perceptions of the Montreal fans who all started calling it a dive. Happens with any team and fanbase really, how the pbp guy calls a play greatly influences how you think the play happened

I don't think there was any dive at all on the play and I also have no problem with what Prust did really...he's trying to get to the puck and he pulled up instead of laying out Lundqvist, and no penalty was called on him for it so whatever. As for having to "defend himself" eh, it's Prust, I somehow doubt he's upset at having a fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad