Pre-Game Talk: Game 6: Bruins @ Leafs Thursday @8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Well I do know there is alot of pant-pooping going on in the Boston threads. They are a bit of a tortured bunch as well with some recent playoff ghosts. Not Leaf comparable but not far off. I have sadly come to expect the worst with this group, and anything more is gravy. But sports is a funny thing, and a 3-1 series and an elimination game looks bad... until you win it. Then suddenly we are still up against the wall, but the collars tighten in bean town. All their sports headlines spanking them with "here we go again". WE INVENTED "HERE WE GO AGAIN", they are rookies lol.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I have zero worries about Game 6. Like absolutely none because I know that the Leafs like to inflict maximum pain and that can only be done in Game 7.

Game 6 is a guaranteed win.
Yup you got that right :laugh:

No heartbreaking catastrophe is possible without reeling in the fanbase and giving them hope.

Reactions: ToneDog

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
How do you know? Rhetorical question because we all know the answer - you don't.

There was zero reason not to show up for game 4, but it happened. There was zero reason not to show up for game 3 against Florida last spring, but it happened. The only time this team ever puts together a stretch of games where they play well is when it's November or February, it just doesn't happen in the playoffs.

And BTW even last night, Boston played nowhere near as well as they can play, Woll played what was basically a perfect game, we played a full 60 minutes defensively and Boston was still only a crossbar away from winning the game. Bottom line - there is zero reason to be confident we beat Boston.
That was some strange period only got 2 shots. They must have just been playing d and waiting for some kind of break.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Don't underestimate Keefe's stupidity

I mean....

1714612469146.png

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
If Keefe wants to fix the power play, he only needs to do one thing

1) Replace Tavares on the draw

Does this not drive anyone else nuts? I would like to know what his face-off percentage is on the opening draw of their 15 PP's this playoff. Just feels like he loses the vast majority and they can never recover it. When they lose it, you might as well erase 40 seconds while they try to complete the flying V formation to get it back in. Every once in a while why don't Marner or Nylander just try stickhandling straight in. Everyone and their mom expects the drop pass.

Also on the PP the puck dies with Tavares. Either a bad pass or a deflection off his stick etc. Move Bert to to PP1. Does it not seem obvious to everyone else?

Oh yeah...great game last night. Take it to 7

he's 54% on the PP FO

Reactions: arso40

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
We need a dominant start to push the Bruins on their heels. It's a tall task for these guys, but get an early lead and the Bruins will crumble imo

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Leafs have the momentum now, I would not be surprised if they win 5-1 tomorrow , I wouldnt be surprised if they lose 5-1 either and appear hungover and not interested.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
The question is, do I spend the money to go to the game, they gotta be saving the disappointment for game 7 right?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
If the Leafs get a 2 goal lead the game is over.
LOL.
I would be thrilled for a 1 goal lead.

So far they have had that for less than 20 mins total
+1
Leafs have the momentum now, I would not be surprised if they win 5-1 tomorrow , I wouldnt be surprised if they lose 5-1 either and appear hungover and not interested.
If they play like they're not interested, I won't be surprised either. Disappointed and pissed off, but not surprised.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I think the outcomes, in order of likelihood, are:

1. Leafs win by a comfortable margin.
2. Leafs win in overtime.
3. The game is cancelled because the power goes out at Scotiabank Arena.
4. Boston wins.

• Haha
Reactions: Al14, Kurtz and bax

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
The question is, do I spend the money to go to the game, they gotta be saving the disappointment for game 7 right?
Why spend it on game 6, when you can spend it on game 3 in the second round? Hell maybe a nosebleed seat when Leafs play their first home game this year in the Finals :sarcasm::popcorn:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Save your hard earned money, spend it on a lot of booze. You can always drink yourself to forget if they suck/lose in either game, and you'll still have hundreds of dollars to drink the rest of the summer.

Reactions: HolyCrap

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
We need a dominant start to push the Bruins on their heels. It's a tall task for these guys, but get an early lead and the Bruins will crumble imo
Honestly, if we play the exact same game as Game 5 with a little more finish, on the PP perhaps, I think a win is a good possibility.

I would be concerned if Boston scores first... like really concerned.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad