Canadian Soccer Part II

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Brutal non-call at the end of that game. Borges was 100% fouled and there should have been a penalty to Forge.
Earlier in the match he went down outside the box and the ref clearly thought he was trying to buy a call. I think that was in the back of his head and caused him to not make the call. If this was MLS VAR would've 100% overturned the call and awarded the penalty because it was a clear foul. Also was I the only one who thought the lighting of the stadium was awful? I was struggling to follow the action on the broadcast because it was so dark.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
this was MLS VAR would've 100% overturned the call and awarded the penalty because it was a clear foul. Also was I the only one who thought the lighting of the stadium was awful? I was struggling to follow the action on the broadcast because it was so dark.

VAR would have changed that for sure.

Pacific is not good for TV - Camera angle is too low and yeah the lighting is terrible.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
So far we look dominant, another goal by David off of an amazing touch and then move. Now boys lets keep going and not screw up this 2 goal lead.

Reactions: TRG

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Huge win. goal difference is going to matter in these games as we try and go up the FIFA ranks.

Reactions: Tuggy

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
81% possession with 10 shots, 1 goal from Davies and a big away win. I'll take it.

Really hope they step up their level against the US.

Reactions: Tuggy

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
One of those nights where you take the win and move on. Davies with a great goal! Some key omissions to the squad which I hope is not the case when the team is back in mid October.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
We did get some help last night in the quest for top 6 in CONCACAF. The Cuba win isn't worth many points, but both Panama and El Salvador lost! Panama lost to Bermuda in Panama. Panama will have two games left against Mexico.

El Salvador lost against the Dominican Republic.

That match at home Oct 15 against the US is huge.

Nothing official but I believe when the next rankings come out (soon in September), Canada will jump over Panama and be just a little bit behind El Salvador. Herdman was talking about the points/rankings in the press conference and they are very aware of how big the Oct 15 match is for the rankings.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Nothing official but I believe when the next rankings come out (soon in September), Canada will jump over Panama and be just a little bit behind El Salvador. Herdman was talking about the points/rankings in the press conference and they are very aware of how big the Oct 15 match is for the rankings.

Going to be a massive game! I got my tickets, looking forward to the team playing such a meaningful game on home soil. I feel like it's been forever since that happened.

Reactions: YNWA14 and Tuggy

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Forge looking rather fatigued and slightly off today, they are turning it on now but they may be too late.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Forge looking rather fatigued and slightly off today, they are turning it on now but they may be too late.
Salvaged a draw. Probably our worst performance of the entire season in many ways, first 65 minutes were abysmal. Also sad to see such a small crowd. Obviously the weather wasn't good but I wish more people would show up because this is an excellent team and product that deserves everyone's support. Also when The Tim was built did they consider the wind pattern in positioning the stadium? Unless it was absolutely necessary turning it sideways from Ivor Wynne seems like it was a mistake because the winds off Lake Ontario play havoc with both soccer and football matches.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Salvaged a draw. Probably our worst performance of the entire season in many ways, first 65 minutes were abysmal. Also sad to see such a small crowd. Obviously the weather wasn't good but I wish more people would show up because this is an excellent team and product that deserves everyone's support. Also when The Tim was built did they consider the wind pattern in positioning the stadium? Unless it was absolutely necessary turning it sideways from Ivor Wynne seems like it was a mistake because the winds off Lake Ontario play havoc with both soccer and football matches.

Worst game easily. They could have gotten a third easy which is frustrating, would have been awesome to get 3.

I don't know the reason why they switched the orientation of the field, I was always under the impression that one reason was to get a view of the escarpment.

Reactions: sabremike

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Worst game easily. They could have gotten a third easy which is frustrating, would have been awesome to get 3.

I don't know the reason why they switched the orientation of the field, I was always under the impression that one reason was to get a view of the escarpment.
That makes sense. I believe it was supposed to originally be enclosed but budget concerns nixed that (much how Barclays was originally supposed to be built to be able to host hockey but costs killed that plan). I'm shocked they didn't do a study that would've shown open ends was a bad idea.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Canada jumped up to the seventh spot in CONCACAF, one outside of the top 6.

BMO on October 15th is shaping up to be a huge game!

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It gets you to the HEX where 3 of the top 6 have a chance to qualify directly to the World Cup.

Did they change the format? I seem to remember the hex as the final stage for world cup qualification, and to get there, you you had to advance from another round Robin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad