Canadian Soccer Part II

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Big win. It was fun to see Forge on the right side of a 90th minute winner. The crowd was also awesome, as usual.

Reactions: sabremike

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
They do have CPL refs every league game helping them and they still can’t get it done.

Hmm I don't know about that. They have been on the wrong end of some brutal calls. I think it all balances out in the long run

Today was especially bad reffing though.

Reactions: sabremike

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Welshmen heading to MLS and David Edgar coming in. Going to miss Welshmen he was a great player to watch. That being said sureing up the back line is what Forge needs to do and this move addressed that.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
No they just had a gift spot they didn’t earn handed to them.

They do have CPL refs every league game helping them and they still can’t get it done.
Your first statement is objectively false because they in fact had to beat out both Edmonton and Valour to get the spot. You can argue giving it to the spring champion is what should've been done (and that is entirely fair) but you cannot say Forge were gifted the spot, they did have to earn it.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Your first statement is objectively false because they in fact had to beat out both Edmonton and Valour to get the spot. You can argue giving it to the spring champion is what should've been done (and that is entirely fair) but you cannot say Forge were gifted the spot, they did have to earn it.

Having to beat out 2 teams in a 7 team league is hardly earning it. I get Bob Young set it up so his team could get all the glory but that doesn’t make it any less of a joke.

But it appears they made it through this game without any racist comments so I guess that is a positive for them.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I don't know anything about this league, but how can the Toronto team get away with playing in a stadium that only seats 8,000?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't know anything about this league, but how can the Toronto team get away with playing in a stadium that only seats 8,000?

As in TFC last night? or the York 9 CPL team?

TFC played on the road if you are referring to last night. The Ottawa Fury are a USL team and the game was not actually in Toronto.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Ottawa Fury play in a 25k football stadium on fake grass.

Toronto FC play in a 30k stadium with real grass.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
They have trouble bringing in big crowds so the 8000 seats suits them fine for now. Plus York is somewhat removed from the city core and is a University stadium.
Yeah, my girlfriend actually goes to YorkU and I went there last December. When I heard that the CPL's Toronto team plays on campus I was shocked (as was she). Just didn't really seem like a feasible spot to me.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Forge and Antigua have kicked off the second leg. First time a CPL team plays outside Canadian soil.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Good stuff. I was at the first leg between the two clubs.

I will look forward to attending the next round. I think the opposition will be tougher but, hopefully they boys can go through.

What a game that was, my favourite so far in Club history! You have seasons as well?

Olimpia is much better than Antigua and they have a massive following in Honduras. The away leg will be much more difficult this time.

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
What a game that was, my favourite so far in Club history! You have seasons as well?

Olimpia is much better than Antigua and they have a massive following in Honduras. The away leg will be much more difficult this time.

Loved Watching this tie. Exactly the kind of games we need our young guys playing in. Next round away will be a level of intensity they won’t see ever unless they play in Honduras with the CMNT

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Loved Watching this tie. Exactly the kind of games we need our young guys playing in. Next round away will be a level of intensity they won’t see ever unless they play in Honduras with the CMNT

Got to love the experience that this gives guys like Borges!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The fall season is shaping up to be a much more intense competition. FCED in first after a 3-1 win today they have played one more game than Cavalry and Forge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad