Canadian Division (Canada Cup) Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Cactus

Gud Pro
Apr 9, 2018
Toronto
There's so much pressure on the Leafs to win a round. Unbelievable pressure. So many kids that watch. In their Leafs gear. Ready to cry. I hope that image is planted in every Leafs player head.
I’m a grown man and I’m constantly ready to cry as a leaf fan. I tell myself it’s part of the fun.

Reactions: Canuckle1970

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Since January 30th, the Oilers are one of four clubs with a better than .710 percentage (the three ahead of them since then are Carolina, Colorado, and Vegas). Also have the most regulation wins.

What does this mean for the playoffs?

Di** all.. lol
Well, if you face the jets in the first round it means your percentage will likely go up :(

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011
Honestly, Edmonton is probably the team that I consider easiest to beat for the Leafs.

Montreal slows down the game and turns it into a 50/50 grind, but Edmonton lives on the transition game which means the Leafs mobile defence can shut them down and have the open ice to run havoc on their weak defence
Oilers having a weak defence is a straight up myth

We are playing much better hockey than when we last played the leafs

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Toronto is too stacked to lose first round. I think they find a way to lose second round against the Oilers. Now if they lose this year in the first round with the globetrotter lineup they have assembled, there will be some heads rolling.

Do you think it’s just Kyle Dubas fired? Do they keep Dubas but he must trade one or two from the core?

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Wow 8 whole times :thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

you miss the part where I said we’ve been playing much better since we played the leafs last?
Sweet. Or you just haven’t played the leafs. 1 of the 2. I’m not saying they’re bad dude. Just saying their goalie is predominantly why they are where they are. In my opinion anyways.

Out of curiosity, how many games does one need to watch a team before they’re allowed an opinion? 8 is a lot lol. 16% of their season thus far.

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011
Sweet. Or you just haven’t played the leafs. 1 of the 2. I’m not saying they’re bad dude. Just saying their goalie is predominantly why they are where they are. In my opinion anyways.

Out of curiosity, how many games does one need to watch a team before they’re allowed an opinion? 8 is a lot lol. 16% of their season thus far.
Yeah a team with the top two players in the league is being carried mainly by their goalie. Yeah Smith is having a good year, that is a good thing yes. Also the world doesn’t revolve around the leafs

And I’m guessing the vast majority of those 8 games (or all) were Oilers vs leafs. If that’s the case maybe you should branch out a little bit. It’s no surprise that the Oilers have struggled against the leafs more than any other team so you should base your opinion on more than that. Sometimes teams just have each other’s numbers, we’ve had the number of about half the division this year

Reactions: TheOrangeDesk

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Why play hockey than??? It’s about playing a sport you love for millions of dollars and your goal is to win championships and cash out in life and have your bloodline’s fortune secured for a good while if you’re good enough. If they don’t care about the kids then they should have not been playing hockey on my view. That’s the whole point m.... as a kid you dream and you cry and every player went through it and know how much it hurts

I don't think any one of those guys gives 2 shits about the kids watching at home.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Yeah a team with the top two players in the league is being carried mainly by their goalie. Yeah Smith is having a good year, that is a good thing yes. Also the world doesn’t revolve around the leafs

And I’m guessing the vast majority of those 8 games (or all) were Oilers vs leafs. If that’s the case maybe you should branch out a little bit. It’s no surprise that the Oilers have struggled against the leafs more than any other team so you should base your opinion on more than that. Sometimes teams just have each other’s numbers, we’ve had the number of about half the division this year
I’m good. Thanks, though.

Reactions: MatthewsAuston

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Do you think it’s just Kyle Dubas fired? Do they keep Dubas but he must trade one or two from the core?

Always surpsied to see people think Dubas' would have such a short leash when guys like Chevy or Bergevin have been on the job for a decade

Last edited:

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Not sure how you expect me to take you seriously then
To be honest, I’m not very concerned about it. Not many fans would agree with you. Unless they’re oiler fans. I told you my opinion. Wasn’t looking for someone to take me serious / unserious.

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011
To be honest, I’m not very concerned about it. Not many fans would agree with you. Unless they’re oiler fans. I told you my opinion. Wasn’t looking for someone to take me serious / unserious.
Oilers have been in the better half of the league the last two years for goals against. And that was with “trash” goaltending last year as many liked to point out. But don’t let facts get in your way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad