Canadian Division (Canada Cup) Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
They would react the same way as any other Canadian team's city and media.

:laugh: yeah I don't agree with that at all. The Habs, for example, suck year after year and the media here treats management like the Queen. Half the fans worship the GM too even though he sucks balls.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
:laugh: yeah I don't agree with that at all. The Habs, for example, suck year after year and the media here treats management like the Queen. Half the fans worship the GM too even though he sucks balls.
There is a big difference in the attitude of the media an fans of the Leafs too.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
The habs also have fans like this who know everything and are never wrong and can’t remain level headed

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Hey, that's fair. Leafs are not my team, so it's easy for me to question this core if it fails to get it done again when it matters. If they ride it out and it works, that will prove to be the right move. For me, another playoffs loss after the year they just had will come as a huge shock.

Well, it was a huge shock when the most dominant team of the cap era got swept in the first round. Then they won the Cup next season.

Hockey is a crapshoot and the playoffs are a small sample where anything can happen. It you have a good core, you just need to give yourself as many chances as possible.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Since January 30th, the Oilers are one of four clubs with a better than .710 percentage (the three ahead of them since then are Carolina, Colorado, and Vegas). Also have the most regulation wins.

What does this mean for the playoffs?

Di** all.. lol

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Huh? Most were predicting the Habs to be a bubble playoff team?

This is where I believe I saw them coming into the season. A team that could finish just outside the playoffs if a lot went wrong, or a team that could finish in the top 4 if some stuff went right.

I think the only area you could say I was off was I thought they'd be a lot more dependent on Price having a stellar year to finish in the top 4 than they've ended up being.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
This is where I believe I saw them coming into the season. A team that could finish just outside the playoffs if a lot went wrong, or a team that could finish in the top 4 if some stuff went right.

I think the only area you could say I was off was I thought they'd be a lot more dependent on Price having a stellar year to finish in the top 4 than they've ended up being.
Echo’s what I felt and expressed at the start of the season. I wrote that their season depends on:
1. No regression from Price or Weber
2. 60 point+ pace for Suzuki
3. 60 point + pace for KK

I was burned at the stake by draft day, beachamp and a few others because of it too. They’re fortunate Toffoli has been great. As has Edmunson and Perry being pretty good too.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
There's so much pressure on the Leafs to win a round. Unbelievable pressure. So many kids that watch. In their Leafs gear. Ready to cry. I hope that image is planted in every Leafs player head.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Well, it was a huge shock when the most dominant team of the cap era got swept in the first round. Then they won the Cup next season.

Hockey is a crapshoot and the playoffs are a small sample where anything can happen. It you have a good core, you just need to give yourself as many chances as possible.

I guess it comes down to deciding whether or not a team's core is able to get it done.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
There's so much pressure on the Leafs to win a round. Unbelievable pressure. So many kids that watch. In their Leafs gear. Ready to cry. I hope that image is planted in every Leafs player head.
Why would it be?
They know each of the teams they might face intimately due to playing them multiple times. There are no surprises.
They all know they are better. They just need to focus on intensity and details. Talk about a sweep is totally laughable.

Todd Parchment

Apr 5, 2018
lol I don't think they care much about that.
Why play hockey than??? It’s about playing a sport you love for millions of dollars and your goal is to win championships and cash out in life and have your bloodline’s fortune secured for a good while if you’re good enough. If they don’t care about the kids then they should have not been playing hockey on my view. That’s the whole point m.... as a kid you dream and you cry and every player went through it and know how much it hurts

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
Toronto will lose the first round whether they play Montreal or Winnipeg.
Honestly that's highly unlikely, but still possible.. and as a leaf fan I will be heart broken, embarrassed but fully aware although this is a different team and a really good one at that... The
Pressure of carrying that leaf might weigh too heavy and cause us to over think while other teams play with a less pressure underdog mentality.. while knowing.... It is the leafs and the leaf players know this as well.

But I am confident through other failed seasons and a more rounded team with experience and veterans leadership they will use the fire to push through it.. if they get through the first round..... Oh boy watch out.. that monkey is off their backs and they will turn on another gear.

I'm hoping of course.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Toronto is too stacked to lose first round. I think they find a way to lose second round against the Oilers. Now if they lose this year in the first round with the globetrotter lineup they have assembled, there will be some heads rolling.

Reactions: Mr Positive

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Toronto is too stacked to lose first round. I think they find a way to lose second round against the Oilers. Now if they lose this year in the first round with the globetrotter lineup they have assembled, there will be some heads rolling.
Honestly, Edmonton is probably the team that I consider easiest to beat for the Leafs.

Montreal slows down the game and turns it into a 50/50 grind, but Edmonton lives on the transition game which means the Leafs mobile defence can shut them down and have the open ice to run havoc on their weak defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->