Canadian Division (Canada Cup) Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsFan95

Mar 22, 2008
Kanata
Still haven't seen a game since last February, has this worked out well? It's still so weird as much as I like the novelty of it.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Please don’t take that as a representation of our city. We hate those people just as much as the rest of canada. .001% doesn’t define us

They tried to stage simar protests in my area but the organizers were afraid of being beat up by the public for being so stupid and putting people as risk so they canceled it.

Reactions: Darkwinter

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I wish this could be the Jets division forever.

Not the greatest having no natural rivals. I mean Minnesota is a thing, but there's no long term rivalry with Colorado, Dallas and St. Louis...

Wouldn't take much for a heated rivalry with the western Canadian teams. :(
It would be nice to pound on the Jets 10 times a year, yes:devdance:

Reactions: snag

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
IMO we have to remind ourselves of last year's standings:

2019-20-NHL-Canadian-Division-Standings.jpg

Montreal improved, but they had to in order to be close to the others.

Last edited:
Reactions: libertarian

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
A Top4 of

Toronto
Winnipeg
Edmonton
Calgary

would be a pretty fun playoffs.

LOL! The recently biased is hilarious.

A team loses a couple of game and their done, win a couple and their in the POs for sure.

Way to early to count the Habs out. They are currently still in 3rd spot when you use the much more accurate winning percentage stat.

Reactions: Petrus

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
LOL! The recently biased is hilarious.

A team loses a couple of game and their done, win a couple and their in the POs for sure.

Way to early to count the Habs out. They are currently still in 3rd spot when you use the much more accurate winning percentage stat.
Hey Habs in there would be nice too but no doubt they've been sliding. Can't deny it. They're def still there but gotta turn it around. I think Bergevin has to make a move.

Reactions: libertarian

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Hey Habs in there would be nice too but no doubt they've been sliding. Can't deny it. They're def still there but gotta turn it around. I think Bergevin has to make a move.

I was hoping they would win in reg time tonight. Now my Jets will have to face a pissed off Habs team that has a lot of pressure on them to win their next 2 game to stay in the hunt. That said if Dubois can continue to play at the level he did against Vancouver against MTL the Jets might move to a higher better playing level then they have played all season.

LOL! I guess that why we play the games.

Reactions: MattySnipes

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
Leafs have been hit HARD with the injury bug all season and it just got worse recently.. the depth is nice but it's going to effect their play and early season success eventually.

Hope they heal up before other teams start closing the gap.

Can't be relying on your 3string goalie to pull you through.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Will be interesting too see if the Flames go on their typical run to pull them back in it. Ward sucks and there is tension so I could see them continue to implode but would more be their fashion to just squeak and then lose lol

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Leafs have been hit HARD with the injury bug all season and it just got worse recently.. the depth is nice but it's going to effect their play and early season success eventually.

The injuries are tough, especially to goaltenders.. We are seeing what healthy goaltending is doing in Edmonton. Night and Day difference, not to mention being down your top two netminders.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

The Leafs rely on their top line. If that fails the Leafs fail.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth

Unless your 3rd string goalie is performing miracles it is difficult to keep wining no matter how talented the team is.

I hope Andersen is back by the time the Leafs play my Jets 3 times in a row.

Healthy Leaf and Jet teams will play some very entertaining hockey.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Still haven't seen a game since last February, has this worked out well? It's still so weird as much as I like the novelty of it.
For the most part it has been ok, but when the games are out west it can be hard to watch the whole game. I'd rather live out west and miss the first half than miss the last half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad