Canadian Division (Canada Cup) Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
I didn't realize Calgary and Edmonton were playing again tonight. A strong bounce back by Calgary would be good to see; they are far better than they've played so far. Edmonton's been on a roll of late, despite being a pretty mediocre hockey club.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Always when I'm in the middle of a post does a new edition get created and the old one closed.

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
Always when I'm in the middle of a post does a new edition get created and the old one closed.
Can't you hit back space? I don't know if you use Safari, but it caches the last page, including most of what you might have typed.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Can't you hit back space? I don't know if you use Safari, but it caches the last page, including most of what you might have typed.

Without surrounding posts it loses context. Once a thread is locked people don’t usually read it before moving to the next.

Reactions: Thomp94

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
1/3 season done...

Toronto
Montreal
Edmonton/Calgary/Winnipeg
Vancouver
Ottawa

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
I expect Winnipeg to rise. They are way too strong in goalie and forward/centre positions.
I agree. Their defence isn't as good as it has been in the past, but their Vezina winning goaltender is pretty damn good. I expected them to finish second in the division, but we'll see what happens with Montreal.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Gun to my head

Leafs
Habs
Oilers
Jets
Canucks
Flames
Sens

playoffs divisional finals Toronto vs Montreal and Habs take it

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
I agree. Their defence isn't as good as it has been in the past, but their Vezina winning goaltender is pretty damn good. I expected them to finish second in the division, but we'll see what happens with Montreal.

They don’t even have Dubois fully integrated yet. Helly is the type of goalie that can steal a series like Price did years ago. It is the type of recipe can get a team like the Jets into the final 4.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
They don’t even have Dubois fully integrated yet. Helly is the type of goalie that can steal a series like Price did years ago. It is the type of recipe can get a team like the Jets into the final 4.
Until the Jets can learn how to not bleed high quality chances against they should not be looked at as final 4 calibre.

Reactions: NeverForget06

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
I expect Winnipeg to rise. They are way too strong in goalie and forward/centre positions.

Whats scary for Winnipeg is that after their 2 game set with the Canucks, they get a 3 day break and then play the next 18 of 38 against Montreal and Toronto. They are already facing an average 32 shots a game and are tied for 3rd last in the league with Ottawa for xGA/60 having only faced the two best teams once combined.

Something tells me Helle is gonna be worn out by end of season.

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
Until the Jets can learn how to not bleed high quality chances against they should not be looked at as final 4 calibre.

That Vezina caliber goalie can cover up a lot, especially during the playoffs. I fully expect the Jets to make a run for the top seed in the North before 2/3 of the season ends.

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
Whats scary for Winnipeg is that after their 2 game set with the Canucks, they get a 3 day break and then play the next 18 of 38 against Montreal and Toronto. They are already facing an average 32 shots a game and are tied for 3rd last in the league with Ottawa for xGA/60 having only faced the two best teams once combined.

Something tells me Helle is gonna be worn out by end of season.

If it was regular 82, I would be worried. I think the Jets can ride him and he’ll be fresh for a strong playoff run. This is the one position that the Jets have a competitive advantage out of everyone in the North.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
It’s clearly between Toronto and Edmonton. If anyone else disagrees they are lying. I’ll take Connor even if AM has the stacked team around him

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
It’s clearly between Toronto and Edmonton. If anyone else disagrees they are lying. I’ll take Connor even if AM has the stacked team around him
If Edm gets average/above average tending, they are top 3 for sure. Too bad Klefbom is out for the year. More missed than I gave him credit for.

They should have a record of around 13-6 right now, basically what TO has. Oil haven't had any OTL's

LEAFSANDBILLSFAN

May 3, 2020

Neither McDavid or Matthews have accomplished much come playoffs. Something would have to give. Still say Montreal and Winnipeg are scary. A Vezina goalie who can steal any playoff series. Montreal is built to win in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad