Canadian Division (Canada Cup) Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
actually... the 7-1 loss the Flames heavily outchanced the Oilers. That was a game where clearly the flames were coming back to life. Just no bounces. A few bad decisions. Every shot you had went in the back of the net. You have a 2-1 series lead but as we’ve seen before you are already planning a parade through jasper ave (ewwww what a disgusting downtown)

much like the game Vancouver lost 4-1 to Calgary. You could see the Nucks were coming out of a slump but sometimes things don’t go your way.
you failed to mention the night before where the Flames are listless and lethargic in the Saddledump (ewww what a shithole arena) but whatever to have to say to convince yourself dude
Flames are the definition of mediocre, especially when Sean Monahan is your best center and Gio is old as dirt and slowing

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
you failed to mention the night before where the Flames are listless and lethargic in the Saddledump (ewww what a shithole arena) but whatever to have to say to convince yourself dude
Flames are the definition of mediocre, especially when Sean Monahan is your best center and Gio is old as dirt and slowing

still better than the team you guys put together by having the worst team in NHL history over a ten year period. :)

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
still better than the team you guys put together by having the worst team in NHL history over a ten year period. :)

Worst 10 year stretch in NHL history? Try all of pro sports history! Here in Edmonton when we set out to do something we try to do it better then anyone else, unlike mediocre Calgary that has been happy being a middle of the pack team for years.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I thought Leafs deserved a win but Big Save Dave was stellar, and you can't win them all.

Might be tough sledding going forward. Injuries starting to take their toll, and will become more obvious against McDavid/Draisaitl if we are missing Muzzin, Hyman and both NHL goalies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Seeing as every North division team's fans cheer for Ottawa against any opponent in the division, it kind of makes the Senators "Canada's Team" by default.

tenor.gif

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
After that tantrum by Matthew, there should have been meetings. If I'm a Flames player I watched that in embarrassment. What a laughable overreaction. Kid looks unstable.
I need a video of this please, or at least more explanation!

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
actually... the 7-1 loss the Flames heavily outchanced the Oilers. That was a game where clearly the flames were coming back to life. Just no bounces. A few bad decisions. Every shot you had went in the back of the net. You have a 2-1 series lead but as we’ve seen before you are already planning a parade through jasper ave (ewwww what a disgusting downtown)

much like the game Vancouver lost 4-1 to Calgary. You could see the Nucks were coming out of a slump but sometimes things don’t go your way.

Oilers went into cruise control after we were up 5-1. Honestly, game would have been totally different if Calgary hadn't started the game by taking 2 stupid penalties trying to goon up the place. You pretty much beat yourselves there.

McDavid was having a night to be sure, but it was definitely a case where you took the wind out of your own sails early.

turnagainoutlaw

Apr 1, 2013
Yukon
I thought Leafs deserved a win but Big Save Dave was stellar, and you can't win them all.

Might be tough sledding going forward. Injuries starting to take their toll, and will become more obvious against McDavid/Draisaitl if we are missing Muzzin, Hyman and both NHL goalies.
That may be but the Flames probably deserved to win both games in CGY earlier this year so there was some justice last night.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012

Really? The leafs did nothing 5 on 5 and if it wasn’t for 7 power plays I think the shot clock would have been incredibly skewed towards the flames, not to mention score effects.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Really? The leafs did nothing 5 on 5 and if it wasn’t for 7 power plays I think the shot clock would have been incredibly skewed towards the flames, not to mention score effects.

The Leafs did nothing 5v5 except control play, limit chances, and create a greater quantity of high danger chances....

upload_2021-2-23_14-25-42.png

Those numbers are better than what we put up against Vancouver or Ottawa...

We had a 70% GF% and should have had 1 or 2 even strength goals.

It is what it is, though. You sometimes lose some you should win, and vice versa. I think Calgary will need to play a lot better to get into the playoffs, though. Winnipeg, Montreal and Edmonton played us much harder, and that makes me sad ebcause I prefer the Flames to those teams.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011

:laugh:

You can’t be serious. That game was total domination by the Oilers. Flames had about 44 weak shots from the outside and a single goal that probably shouldn’t have even counted. Oilers had countless grade A scoring chances. If that was the Flames “coming back to life” then I hope they continue along that path as an Oilers fan.

And you know you don’t have much of an argument when you resort to taking shots at the city. Very classy.

Reactions: TheOrangeDesk

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
The Flames deserved to win the game yesterday purely on the fact that the Leafs came out with zero jump or urgency. Even on the PP, they were fumbling plays and passing into skates instead of being crisp and really taking charge of the game. As the post below your showed, the Leafs dominated the Flames 5 v 5 and even watching the game you can tell that even with piss poor effort and no urgency, the Leafs could've easily walked away with 2 points and possibly routed the Flames. Your goalie stood on his head and Leafs couldn't convert on their easy chances. Sometimes you get lucky (which the Leafs have quite a bit last 10 games) and things even out over a full season. This to me was a more even out game. No Leafs fan/ player/ management personnel is really upset about the game yesterday because it was more than winnable and 9 times out of 10 they would've walked away with a win.

Wednesday needs to be a much better effort and not just reliance on lazy skill. Also, we have our 4th stringer in net for us and though the fans are clearly aware of that, the team clearly had no clue yesterday. That or they really hate Hutch.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
The Leafs did nothing 5v5 except control play, limit chances, and create a greater quantity of high danger chances....

View attachment 399561

Those numbers are better than what we put up against Vancouver or Ottawa...

We had a 70% GF% and should have had 1 or 2 even strength goals.

It is what it is, though. You sometimes lose some you should win, and vice versa. I think Calgary will need to play a lot better to get into the playoffs, though. Winnipeg, Montreal and Edmonton played us much harder, and that makes me sad ebcause I prefer the Flames to those teams.

really I can only think of two times in the whole game Rittich made a big save. Their just wasn’t many scoring chances against last night, I don’t care what advanced stats say and never have. The Flames almost always win the corsi battle because we’ve been trailing a lot. Doesn’t mean we should win the game. And yeah you guys won the scoring chance battle in the second and third cause it was already 3-0. That’s not a recipe for success

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->