Canadian Division (Canada Cup) Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
People need to stop pumping Winnipeg’s tires.

They actually suck big time 5 on 5, both at creating chances and giving them up...

However they have the best goalie in the division that that’s enough to win.

Reactions: Husqvarna

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021

They actually suck big time 5 on 5, both at creating chances and giving them up...

They are really bad defensively.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
And why are they 1st overall facing these supposed challenges? If you're paying 3.9 combined to Bogosian, Thornton, Simonds and Spezza, all of a sudden it's not much of an issue.
Don't overpay support talent that's the lesson here. I think people who think 19 players for 41.5 million is such an issue think it's necessary to pay 2-3 million per for a quality 4th liner.

No team has won a cup with a player making over 10 mil. We have 3.

Only ~2 teams have won a single round with a 10 mil player. We have 3.

Our highest paid player has never won a series in his life as far as I know.

I dont see us winning the cup over the next 3 years, thats for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hollywood3

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021

No team has won a cup with a player making over 10 mil. We have 3.

Only ~2 teams have won a single round with a 10 mil player. We have 3.

Our highest paid player has never won a series in his life as far as I know.

I dont see us winning the cup over the next 3 years, thats for sure.

A team made the finals with 2 9.5 million forwards last season who were not even playing that well. I really think it's an irrelevant point since it hasn't beeen very long since the first 10 million contract in the cap ra anyways. Not much to go on.

Matthews was 22 years-old last playoff series. why does it matter he's never won a round?

Leafs are an elite contender for a cup. They can win it all this year.

Honestly, did you ever think Dubas vould fill out the roster like he has? Who cares what the stars make? He's getting better deals in support talent than any GM.

You're bringing up old arguments that sounded good until you see what Dubas does with the other 41.5 million. Leafs have great depth.

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street

In the beginning of the season, I hadn’t really thought of them as a top team in the North.

But they’re top 6 (with the addition of PLD) can match up well with anyone in the league. PLD needs time to integrate and they have solid goaltending. Granted their dcorps needs improvement but great goaltending can cover up a lot of weaknesses.

I really don’t think we should underestimate Winnipeg.

Reactions: Pongs21

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
And why are they 1st overall facing these supposed challenges? If you're paying 3.9 combined to Bogosian, Thornton, Simonds and Spezza, all of a sudden it's not much of an issue.
Don't overpay support talent that's the lesson here. I think people who think 19 players for 41.5 million is such an issue think it's necessary to pay 2-3 million per for a quality 4th liner.

Thornton and Spezza quite obviously took league minimum because they want to be Leafs. Maybe count Simmonds as a happy discount too. That isn't Dubas' doing, it's the situation (which I guess he's partially responsible for).

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca

Wheeler
Connor
Dubois
Scheif
Ehlers
Stastny

Not many teams with six forwards that good.
That being said last nights game was awful.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I still cant believe that there were people who thought MON/VAN would be good this year.

I think Montreal will eventually bounce back. They aren’t as good as they looked in the early season, but they are better then they look right now.

Vancouver lost their star goalie, the fall was pretty predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad