WC: Canada 2019 roster (Who will go in Slovakia ?)

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
Dream scenario - final version

dream scenario for Canada (final version)

Murray,Hurt, Blackwood

Steven Stamkos Jonathan Toews Brayden Point
Jonathan Huberdeau-Tavares-Marner
Sean Couturier-Claude Giroux Mark Stone
Andreas Athanasiou Sam Reinhart Sean Monahan
Anthony Mantha

Tyler Bertuzzi

reserve list

Hoffman,Johansen,y-Marchessault etc

Mark Giordano- TJ Brodie
Thomas Chabot-Drew Daughty
PK Subban Morgan Rielly
Ryan Ellis

Aaron Ekblad or Kris Letang

reserve list

Morrissey/ Teodor -
Schultz
etc

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Doesn't matter anymore who accepts or who declines. After last night's epic game 7, a game for the ages Sharks v VGK, no other hockey this spring can or will surpass that. not even a bunch of lunchbox noname Team Canada players pulling off the miracle upset and winning gold in Slovakia could come close to that. That was truly epic.

Reactions: Faterson

PecnoTrunk

Dec 20, 2014
any word on the first 17 players...all the names that were rumored around a few weeks ago and now nothing??

What i think happened is that they asked the Backup players "Plan B" (to be ready in case) first and now they are asking the "Plan A" players...but i haven't seen any official links

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
any word on the first 17 players...all the names that were rumored around a few weeks ago and now nothing??

What i think happened is that they asked the Backup players "Plan B" (to be ready in case) first and now they are asking the "Plan A" players...but i haven't seen any official links
Nope. Too early)

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
sucks that the Caps went out with a whimper. now we'll get posts about spots for Connolly and Wilson. Short answer - a big fat no to both.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Is Wilson not American?

nope. local Toronto kid. never liked him much. glad he turned himself into a useful NHLer...he's too dumb to play big ice.

Reilly Smith out of Vegas to play RW would be a much much better choice. or he can play LW. left handed shot and all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dominance

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
just taking a look at the 2nd. rd. schedule. even if all go the full 7, they still end before tournament puck drop, so realistically we could still bring in quite a few significant players late before the team even plays game 1.

no need to hit the panic button just yet. I don't ever remember Hockey Canada bringing in a lot of players late, however, just 1 or 2. but maybe this year Hockey Canada is trying a new approach to tournament prep.

Omark

Tesla stock
Aug 5, 2011
Espoo, Finland
It's kind of sad that WC isn't a big event in NA. Here in Europe it's the biggest hockey event there is. Everybody watches WC, even those people who normally don't watch sports. News are 100% hockey WC during the cup and there is 4 hour studios before every Finland's game. We even have 2 in-game-announcers (i don't know the english word, the guy who is talking during the game). The other one is such a legend that they put him into the chargeable channel and even though the same network shows team Finland games (because of law orders it to) in free channel but in free side there is some other guy commentating the game. :D

Depressing to see all good Canadians declining their invites but on the bright side we all can bet tournament match up USA - Canada for USA with odds of 2,62 in Bet365. At this point it looks like the USA will be just as good as Canada, maybe even better. That would be first time ever in WC history.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
It's kind of sad that WC isn't a big event in NA. Here in Europe it's the biggest hockey event there is. Everybody watches WC, even those people who normally don't watch sports. News are 100% hockey WC during the cup and there is 4 hour studios before every Finland's game. We even have 2 in-game-announcers (i don't know the english word, the guy who is talking during the game). The other one is such a legend that they put him into the chargeable channel and even though the same network shows team Finland games (because of law orders it to) in free channel but in free side there is some other guy commentating the game. :D

Depressing to see all good Canadians declining their invites but on the bright side we all can bet tournament match up USA - Canada for USA with odds of 2,62 in Bet365. At this point it looks like the USA will be just as good as Canada, maybe even better. That would be first time ever in WC history.

Pretty much the same in Czech, Slovakia, Switzerland, Sweden and Latvia and Russia. I would still stay it’s getting little bit bigger in Canada while slightly less important in Europe. Perhaps it could be considered more important if it was every 2 years, 2021,2023 especially if NHL players compete at the olympics again.

Reactions: NinjaKick and Omark

Emma Louise

Apr 22, 2019
Pretty much the same in Czech, Slovakia, Switzerland, Sweden and Latvia and Russia. I would still stay it’s getting little bit bigger in Canada while slightly less important in Europe. Perhaps it could be considered more important if it was every 2 years, 2021,2023 especially if NHL players compete at the olympics again.

I wish it was like that here in the UK! The back to back promotions that GB got wasn’t even shown on the news, the BBC reported nothing! Thankfully all GB games will be shown on TV (not by the crappy BBC lol) which is a step forward at least!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad