Player Discussion Can Lucic bounce back? Part II

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
6 million dollar albatross.

unbelievable contract. This alone should never land Chiarelli a job with another club again.

7 years, and 4 years remaining after this year.

for 10 to 15 points a year.

Reactions: MikeYEG

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
He's definitely got at least 1 assist that I can think of in the last 12.
So something wrong there.

Yes, he had 2 whole assists in those 12 games (14 point full season pace). This person was just being mean not giving him the credit he was due and focusing on his 0.42 shots/game rate.

5 shots though...my god. 69 shots total for the season. If there was any justice he would be the guy with 0 goals, not Toby with his 83 shots.

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
Yes, he had 2 whole assists in those 12 games (14 point full season pace). This person was just being mean not giving him the credit he was due and focusing on his 0.42 shots/game rate.

5 shots though...my god. 69 shots total for the season. If there was any justice he would be the guy with 0 goals, not Toby with his 83 shots.

Hahaha, i get the point. But it makes it seem like he had no points at all, which is nearly true, but not quite.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
He is just too slow. All these "hits" he gets credited for are BS. Every hit he is doing more damage to himself, 90% of his body smashes into the boards because he cant catch anybody, he grazes off people. Not to mention his inability to take or recieve a pass.

At least if he would stand in front of the net, take some abuse and screen the goalie. Make some space in the slot it wouldnt be as bad.

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017
Lucic flat out sucks. He shouldn't play another game this year. Next year if he's the same Lucic.......cut him and buy him out.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Lucic flat out sucks. He shouldn't play another game this year. Next year if he's the same Lucic.......cut him and buy him out.

You can’t “cut him” as NHL contracts are guaranteed.

Have you seen what a buyout on his contract is? It’s buyout proof.

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017
Even if you had to pay Lucic every cent on his contract it's still worth it just to get him off this team. In essence it equals cutting him.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
The new GM will have to sit down with Lucic and find a mutually agreeable solution. The best result for the Oilers would be a Clarkson or Horton-style LTIR situation.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Forget Leon chasing 50 goals and Connor chasing down 120 points.

I'm watching to see if Lucic can reach the vaunted 20 point plateau.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Ryan Reaves is twice as effective and less than half the price for only 2 years

unreal how far Looch has fallen as a player
The scary thing is that he isn't the only one. Larsson has had a sharp decline since the one year too.

But man Lucic is just a fat pile of nothing who still escapes accountability.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
The new GM will have to sit down with Lucic and find a mutually agreeable solution. The best result for the Oilers would be a Clarkson or Horton-style LTIR situation.

Pretty much agree. His contract is crippling this team. He is barely an NHL player if he even is one. Hes a fourth line player at best and only going downward.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
There is absolutely nothing you can do with him outside of an agreements to move him
with a good asset to an Ottawa type team while eating salary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad