Player Discussion Can Lucic bounce back? Part II

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Let's use this card on Lucic:

ZomboMeme 25032019091041.jpg

And we're going to need about half a dozen more.

Reactions: Husker Du

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Fortune Teller: This year Connor McDavid will surpass his career high in points. Draisaitl will hit 100 points and 48 goals. Nuge will hit 30 goals and set a career high in points. Nurse will have a career year.

Oilers fan: Awesome! We’ll make the playoffs!!!

Lucic: Hold my beer.

Dinasaurbones

Oct 9, 2018
6m gift will bounce back. I am sure of it.
He is done, the game has passed him by, too slow and no skill but he’s laughing all the way to the bank, he just needs to show up in shape for training camp to keep getting paid, life’s good

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
He is done, the game has passed him by, too slow and no skill but he’s laughing all the way to the bank, he just needs to show up in shape for training camp to keep getting paid, life’s good

While I agree that he’s done I doubt that he’s doing much laughing about it. I’m sure this is harder on him than it is on the fan base.

Reactions: Husker Du

Dinasaurbones

Oct 9, 2018
You would be surprised, players care more about money now a days than winning, young kids making millions really have no worries in life

Dinasaurbones

Oct 9, 2018
If guys cared they would take a huge pay cut to sign good players but it’s all about money and selfishness. Look at nylander for example

Dinasaurbones

Oct 9, 2018
But most are not, it only means fans pay more which is brutal. Fans need to stop going to games until they lower prices period

Dinasaurbones

Oct 9, 2018
Fortune Teller: This year Connor McDavid will surpass his career high in points. Draisaitl will hit 100 points and 48 goals. Nuge will hit 30 goals and set a career high in points. Nurse will have a career year.

Oilers fan: Awesome! We’ll make the playoffs!!!

Lucic: Hold my beer.
Wake up from your dream fella

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
You would be surprised, players care more about money now a days than winning, young kids making millions really have no worries in life

Won a cup already, his contract is almost entirely guaranteed even if he's bought out because of bonuses. He knows he's done after his current contract is over. All he really has to do now is not get hurt and he's retiring happy.

I personally don't see a guy out there that cares enough to do whatever it takes to be involved in games. He could be like Ryan Reeves if he wanted, chasing guys down, getting in people faces, chirping, instigating. I just see a guy trying to do some dangles and hope passes (both failing 90% of the time), rushing plays just inside our blueline so he doesn't get hit (resulting in lots of bad giveaways), making some routine hits, and going through the motions.

North

Jun 25, 2009
He did bounce back up right after Phaneuf hit him last night. Didn’t do much else though.

Reactions: BudBundy

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Won a cup already, his contract is almost entirely guaranteed even if he's bought out because of bonuses. He knows he's done after his current contract is over. All he really has to do now is not get hurt and he's retiring happy.

I personally don't see a guy out there that cares enough to do whatever it takes to be involved in games. He could be like Ryan Reeves if he wanted, chasing guys down, getting in people faces, chirping, instigating. I just see a guy trying to do some dangles and hope passes (both failing 90% of the time), rushing plays just inside our blueline so he doesn't get hit (resulting in lots of bad giveaways), making some routine hits, and going through the motions.

It's pretty clear to see that even on the top line, he wasn't motivated enough to do those things, just floating around and being slow. Sure he'd throw some hits but that's about it. Then you've got a guy like Kassian who's put on the top line and is a completely different player. 2 seasons of absolute suck, can't get rid of this clown fast enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad