Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
2015 Lucic: 22 goals in 80 games
2016 Lucic: 19 goals in 81 games
2017 Lucic: 22 goals in 82 games
2018 Lucic: 2 goals in 81 games
2019 Lucic: 3 goals in 7 games

I guess it was just something about 2018 :)

Thanks for running the numbers. Let’s hope he’s over it

I hate quoting myself but I remember him saying in a past interview that he couldn't wait for 2018 to be over. If he's superstitious and pins everything on 2018, maybe he has a bit of a resurgence in him?

It doesn’t even necessarily have to be superstition. I think mentally he’s just trying to give himself a reset. He was fine in 2017, so now that he’s through 2018, he can get back to his game.

If Lucic can now get back to 20-25 goals, and 45-55 points, it’s indescribably huge for this team. That means instead of having to use assets just to get rid of him, those assets can be used to bring in another top 6er. 2 top 6 wingers, or zero top 6 wingers... let’s hope the Looch we’re seeing right now sticks around

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It doesn’t even necessarily have to be superstition. I think mentally he’s just trying to give himself a reset. He was fine in 2017, so now that he’s through 2018, he can get back to his game.

If Lucic can now get back to 20-25 goals, and 45-55 points, it’s indescribably huge for this team. That means instead of having to use assets just to get rid of him, those assets can be used to bring in another top 6er. 2 top 6 wingers, or zero top 6 wingers... let’s hope the Looch we’re seeing right now sticks around

Hell a 15 goal and 30 point pace would be considered great from me given where he was in 2018.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

If he goes on a tear down the stretch here, it would be a boon to trading him this summer which is an absolutely necessary move for this team to make.

Reactions: Raoul Duke

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Hell a 15 goal and 30 point pace would be considered great from me given where he was in 2018.

Oh absolutely. Especially because that would make him, at worst, our 5th best forward. And even a 15 goal, 30+ point Lucic is at least tradeable, without retention, to any budget team (given his salary is only 2/3 of his caphit). That at least gives us flexibility with the cap, without having to pay a big cost to ditch his contract if we need to.

If he goes on a tear down the stretch here, it would be a boon to trading him this summer which is an absolutely necessary move for this team to make.

It depends. If we think he can return to form, and stay there, it’s not the worst thing to keep him. He’s a nightmare for the opposition, and you need those guys come playoff time. Plus, it’s not like he’s on a Backes type contract where you’re expecting his body to break down. He’s healthy and only signed until 34. But I can definitely see the case for trading him while he’s tradable.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
It depends. If we think he can return to form, and stay there, it’s not the worst thing to keep him. He’s a nightmare for the opposition, and you need those guys come playoff time. Plus, it’s not like he’s on a Backes type contract where you’re expecting his body to break down. He’s healthy and only signed until 34. But I can definitely see the case for trading him while he’s tradable.

A week ago he was a buyout candidate. I've zero confidence he can return to form and stay there. Let some other team take that bet.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Made this last night, was inspired by his performance as of late.
bIm0KZm.png

Link for the kids: (suggest jumping to 1:29)

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

Exactly. At 15g/30p, he is contributing. Sure, he'd still be massively overpaid, but at least he would be around a "push" for impact on the roster, maybe even have a slight positive effect. I'd take 15g/30p all day everyday at this point.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I’ll be happy if he finishes season with more than 10 goals

I was just talking with a guy at work about this. I seriously doubt he hits 10 goals this year, but anything above 10 would have to be considered a HUGE win. He has 4 goals through 47 games this year. He'd need 6 more in the remaining 35 games, for a goal every 6 games.

Reactions: Magnum23

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I was just talking with a guy at work about this. I seriously doubt he hits 10 goals this year, but anything above 10 would have to be considered a HUGE win. He has 4 goals through 47 games this year. He'd need 6 more in the remaining 35 games, for a goal every 6 games.

If he truly returned to form though (i.e. approximately 20 per 80 games) its well within range.

His historical production even just looking at the couple calendar years before 2018 he'd be considered likely to put up about 8 goals over that stretch. Even if we take it back to January 1st, 9 goals over 43 games is actually below his usual pace over pretty much any such stretch of his career until 2018.

10 goals on the season is a reasonable projection if he truly playing to his potential. What remains to be seen is whether that is indeed the case.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012

Or he can pull another 2-goal game soon hahaha

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
His recent success is primarily because of the way he is being used and coached. Hitch told him he can’t play with McDavid anymore and also told him to start scoring goals. Pure genius.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
God damn I hope he bounces back. He adds such an important element to this team when he is playing well. As long as he keeps skating and forechecking the way he has I think his points will come.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad