Player Discussion Can Lucic bounce back? Part II

Dohilers

Dec 18, 2011
BC
I've got to admit, I was pretty pumped when he Hulk-smashed Montour into the boards on the 4th goal last night. When he plays angry, he's scary. I just wish he brought that intensity every night.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
I've got to admit, I was pretty pumped when he Hulk-smashed Montour into the boards on the 4th goal last night. When he plays angry, he's scary. I just wish he brought that intensity every night.

Honestly I think he played that way because he was embarrassed about how he played against his old buddies in L.A and got a thrashing from the Oilers management is my guess.

That game against L.A tells you how much buy in we have from Lucic..... not much.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

That's the thing that irks me about him. Even if he can't score, play that way. Cause havoc on the ice whenever he's on and that will lead to good fortune to him and the team.

Reactions: EternalFrost

Dohilers

Dec 18, 2011
BC
That game against L.A tells you how much buy in we have from Lucic..... not much.
It's not just Lucic. The Oilers are something like 1-13-1 in their last 15 games at the Staples Center, and they never bothered showing up in most of them. The game starts, and the players get confused, thinking they're shopping on Rodeo Drive, and freeze up like they're being robbed at gunpoint. At home, the Oilers are much more competitive against the Kings. Go figure.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Nuge, Larsson and Hitchcock looked defeated in the post-game interview, rightfully so, 7-2 drubbing to a divisional opponent; although their anger and frustration is just a product of passion and the desire to win.
But in times like this, the team needs a pillar, to stop the house from crumbling down. And Lucic is trying to do just that:

"This is a good group where everyone gets along. There's no issues between guys, no cancer in the team, it's just about coming together. It's not a trade, it's not the management, it's not the coaches, it's not anyone. It's players coming together, and doing it for each other that will get us moving in the right way. And I speak for alot of guys, this is a team that can get to where it wants to go once we figure out these things. We're only 2 points out of a wildcard spot, gotta learn from this one again, and come ready to play....we gotta start making Roger's place and Edmonton a tough place to play to get us going in the right direction again."

That's exactly what a leader should be doing in the aftermath of defeat. And he also scored a goal today, hopefully the start of a resurgence

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Nuge, Larsson and Hitchcock looked defeated in the post-game interview, rightfully so, 7-2 drubbing to a divisional opponent; although their anger and frustration is just a product of passion and the desire to win.
But in times like this, the team needs a pillar, to stop the house from crumbling down. And Lucic is trying to do just that:

"This is a good group where everyone gets along. There's no issues between guys, no cancer in the team, it's just about coming together. It's not a trade, it's not the management, it's not the coaches, it's not anyone. It's players coming together, and doing it for each other that will get us moving in the right way. And I speak for alot of guys, this is a team that can get to where it wants to go once we figure out these things. We're only 2 points out of a wildcard spot, gotta learn from this one again, and come ready to play....we gotta start making Roger's place and Edmonton a tough place to play to get us going in the right direction again."

That's exactly what a leader should be doing in the aftermath of defeat. And he also scored a goal today, hopefully the start of a resurgence

Lol rally cry from a guy that scored 1 goal in a calendar year and gets paid 6M

I question whether his team mates take him seriously when he says all this shit. I mean, this is a guy more concerned with rubbing shoulders with his ex Cali team mates than stick up for his own

Reactions: smitty10

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

I thought Hitch said he was going to get the team to play for each other when he came here. Twenty something games in and I'm still waiting.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He's played 2 inspired games in a row and the goal was huge for his confidence I'm sure. I said awhile back that if he scored early in 2019 he might be able to bury 2018 and actually be a little more productive going forward. The team needs you Looch.

Reactions: Tw0Shoes and North

North

Jun 25, 2009

I know people are probably going to criticize Lucic, but I like what he said.

I hope he’s starting to turn a corner because getting him untracked would be huge for this team.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Did Chia ever talked to Lucic about retiring or going on LTIR? Maybe he can renegotiate his contract as he is stealing money from the team.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
2015 Lucic: 22 goals in 80 games
2016 Lucic: 19 goals in 81 games
2017 Lucic: 22 goals in 82 games
2018 Lucic: 2 goals in 81 games
2019 Lucic: 3 goals in 7 games

I guess it was just something about 2018 :)

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He's played 2 inspired games in a row and the goal was huge for his confidence I'm sure. I said awhile back that if he scored early in 2019 he might be able to bury 2018 and actually be a little more productive going forward. The team needs you Looch.

I hate quoting myself but I remember him saying in a past interview that he couldn't wait for 2018 to be over. If he's superstitious and pins everything on 2018, maybe he has a bit of a resurgence in him?

Reactions: RattsSSV

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Noticed at the skills he has such a young kid, not even one by the looks of it.

I really wonder if it was his family life being so unstable that caused him issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad