Player Discussion Can Lucic bounce back? Part II

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
here is a hard to believe one - Lucic is having a better season offensively than James Neal ( 11 poitns to 10). He is owed 4 mill less cash over the next 4 years and is over one year younger.

As much as we are unhappy with Lucic, he is a good teammate and fills an enforcer role. Neal was signed 6 months ago to a 5 year deal to be a scorer. At this point, I would not trade him straight up

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Looch was praising Hitch's approach with him. Between the new coach and the new calendar year let's hope that he gets going again.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
the hope for Lucic is that in the past, including the first year we had him, he got a lot better as the season went on, and was even quite good in the playoffs for us. So maybe he will be at this higher level the rest of the way (??)

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Big game tonight, I don't think that they recalled Peluso, Looch should be able to run wild out there tonight, he's had 2 huge hits in the previous 2 BOA's.

Killer Z

Aug 24, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Love him or not, it's looking like 2018 may have just been a long/large speed bump in his career. If he can average 15 goals, and 40 points per season, that would help our cap-strapped AHL team significantly.

Reactions: Pointteen

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
He seems to have excellent chemistry with RNH this season, hoping they stay together a bit longer to see what we have.

FZkmQhK.png

Last edited:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
He played a good game.

Not sure what you were watching.

He did play a good game. He has been good the past few games....skating really well...good on the forecheck.
Too bad it doesnt happen more often.
Hopefully its just the start of a string of good games.

GOilers88

Upside Down Canadian Flag
Dec 24, 2016
Is there any scenario in which we stop thinking about trading him? Like, if he starts scoring again and becomes the Lucic of yore, do you keep him or do you still dump him first chance?

Connorrhea

Sep 17, 2005
Lucic will never be the same because the game has passed him by and seemingly so have his hands and hockey sense. He constantly gives the puck away, mostly by making no look passes and he is way to slow on the back check and that results in odd man rushes. He gives us one big hit every few games but that doesn't win games in this NHL, speed and skill do. If he ever started scoring again I would trade him in a heartbeat because he and his contract are only getting older, it would be nothing but a mirage, just like Alex Chiasson pretending to be a goal scorer.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
I dont think I have ever hated a player as much as Lucic.

Im so mad at this shit show of an organization that has been petrified to pressbox him for even 1 game.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Is there any scenario in which we stop thinking about trading him? Like, if he starts scoring again and becomes the Lucic of yore, do you keep him or do you still dump him first chance?

Gone first f***in chance. Let idiots like Stauffer glee "muh identity line" "he has more goals than Matthews and Laine this week" etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad