Player Discussion Cam Fowler

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
If lindholm hits 45 points with the way he is being used right now... he should win the norris.

He’s not coming close to 45 points with no PP time. I get wanting to spread minutes but Hampus is at worst the second best pp Dman on the team, MDZ should not be getting those minutes over him.

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
I don't think point totals will reflect his year after his over. There will be some valleys with the peaks this year. But if he keeps playing this confident offensively, while not being too heavily relied on defensively, he's going to have his best year.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
He’s not coming close to 45 points with no PP time. I get wanting to spread minutes but Hampus is at worst the second best pp Dman on the team, MDZ should not be getting those minutes over him.

I agree Hampus is a good PP option, but he's already playing PK and the toughest matchups Unless you want him playing 25+ minutes a game, you need to give other players minutes somewhere. Hampus is most valuable as the matchup defender and on PK.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I agree Hampus is a good PP option, but he's already playing PK and the toughest matchups Unless you want him playing 25+ minutes a game, you need to give other players minutes somewhere. Hampus is most valuable as the matchup defender and on PK.

He’s barely playing 22 mins atm, an extra minute and a half of PP time (which is far less taxing than any other situation) won’t hurt. Other dmen around the league are chewing far more minutes per night than any of our guys, bumping Hampus to 23 and a half shouldn’t affect anything.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
upload_2019-11-15_14-29-58.png

Nice to see Fowler with good analytics.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Is there a reason you feel the need to complain about thread bumps constantly? If they don't interest you, ignore them.

Yeah because once upon a time I would look forward to seeing player threads being bumped - it would generally mean someone was about to hit a career high, was about to hit a milestone, was nominated for (or won) an award or had a massive night. I keep going into these threads thinking something important has happened and keep getting disappointed.

Now we are getting daily bumps with things like pictures of players when they were drafted compared to now and videos of goals that I would hope all fans have seen already on nhl.com. This is a hockey forum, who gives a f*** what Cam looked like 10 years ago vs today?

Oh and I'm far from the only one who feels this way. It's not just me complaining, I've just been more vocal about it lately because the content is getting more and more irrelevant.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I mean I feel for you because you've obviously never been a fan of the team when things like that were happening regularly. But whatever why bump threads for important hockey milestones when we can post pictures of an 18 year old Henrique and Cam and compare their faces to today!
I've been a fan of the team since 2006 and have seen plenty, I just don't get mad and make sarcastic remarks when someone posts something on the internet that doesn't interest me.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Just put stuff like that in the roster discussion so we can have 1 thread to check instead of 4

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Disagree. I rather not have a roster discussion thread littered with pics of players because that actually has nothing to do with the roster.
Yeah. I might be in the minority here but I don't mind the bumps of these threads. (I do mind that the Ducks twitter account used a 2010 picture instead of something from 2009, though. Lol.) It beats having four or five simultaneous discussions of different players and different topics going on in the roster thread.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
I mean I feel for you because you've obviously never been a fan of the team when things like that were happening regularly. But whatever why bump threads for important hockey milestones when we can post pictures of an 18 year old Henrique and Cam and compare their faces to today!

Here you are complaining about these kind of threads being used again and talking about it should be used for milestones but in the Getzlaf thread when Getzlaf had his 1000th game milestone with the Ducks you didn't talk about it from any of the posts I made or what others said from them nor did you give any likes. You seem to like to complain about player discussion threads as if they are the worst thing. You don't like these kind of threads fine grow up and stop complaining about them and just ignore it.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Here you are complaining about these kind of threads being used again and talking about it should be used for milestones but in the Getzlaf thread when Getzlaf had his 1000th game milestone with the Ducks you didn't talk about it from any of the posts I made or what others said from them nor did you give any likes. You seem to like to complain about player discussion threads as if they are the worst thing. You don't like these kind of threads fine grow up and stop complaining about them and just ignore it.

I read The posts And watched all the videos from that. If I didn’t like any of the posts it was probably because I got distracted, not because I didn’t enjoy actual content being in the thread.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
I read The posts And watched all the videos from that. If I didn’t like any of the posts it was probably because I got distracted, not because I didn’t enjoy actual content being in the thread.

Its not the first time you didn't talk about a milestone or give any likes from a post about a Ducks player milestone in one of these kind of threads. There is a milestone post right here in this thread about Fowler scoring a goal that set a record for most goals from a Ducks defenseman.

I find it funny that you complain about these threads saying they should be used for talking about milestones but more then once you don't talk about a milestone or even give a like about posts regarding them.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Milestones are nice to be recognized. If people want to comment, fine. But they don’t require the kind of discussion that goes on in evaluating the team and players all through the season.

There’s a lot of stuff posted on HF. People don’t always have a lot of time to spend here. Trying to narrow the scope of each thread is helpful and just a polite thing to do.

Reactions: Paul4587

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2