Player Discussion Cam Fowler

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I want team M&M re-united again, Magnus and Manson. They were split up b/c Fowler-Montour wasn't working? Magnus and Manson were mostly on the same page. Now it's just odd. I could be wrong b/c I miss team M&M.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If it weren't for the injury risk for a guy who avoids the physical side of the game(especially when he returns from IR) then i'd wouldn't trade him. I'm more concerned that the contract could become bad if he keeps getting these bad luck injuries despite avoiding hits, he could end eventually end up with an injury that effects his skating.

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
Thanks for the opinions, everyone. It's nice to know that some people do think he's worth something to the team (being ON the team rather than just as trade bait).

If the return was right and really made sense to the team, I'd be okay with trading him, but I really do feel he brings some very good aspects to team play. We just need the entire team to play better, and a little more physicality to other teammates to make up for what he doesn't provide.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Of course he's worth something. No one has ever suggested he's Kesler and should be out of the league.

The problem is, he 6.5 million for the next 6 years is pretty steep for his current contributions. If you DON'T move him, you better be damn sure he is going to turn it around under the next coach.

Because if he doesn't, you are stuck with him for the duration of the contract.

Reactions: Spazkat and Deuce22

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
He had 2 hits last night, played with more Swagger !

Maybe he stopped listening to Scotty & asked Pronger for advice ?

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Him and Del ditto got pillaged last night it’s was horible
I know, on the powerplay he looked terrible as well, coughed up the puck leading to chasing after it in the defensive zone. Still nice to see him not be afraid of landing 2 hits, baby steps to rebuilding his confidence even if he still sucks right now.

Reactions: Dmang714

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
What’s the King Clancy for?

Edit: is that the one that measures players impacts in relation to charities etc? How come this is the first year we have seen our nominee?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Why stop there, Cam should aim for 60 points. Both Cam & Hampus should have at least 45 points this year.
Meanwhile Manson sucks, he must have given all his swagger to Cam lol.

60 points? I would calm your expectations a bit. As good as he’s looked he’s riding some pretty high on ice shooting percentages and an 8 game sample of raw stats is not close to enough to project anything.

I think if Cam hits 45 and Hampus hits 35 those would both be really successful years for them. Good coaching will help those guys (but it’s not like either didn’t play for teams that put up huge offensive numbers before for BB) but it’s not going to propel either of them into the top 5-10 of dmen scoring territory.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad