Confirmed with Link: Cam Atkinson traded to PHI for Jake Voracek

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
How has Jake been so far? Always loved the guy, not the most professional of athletes but a real character and no doubting his talent.
He`s great in PP and Laine--Jenner--Voracek plays better and better.
I like for Cam but he`s very dependent on his teammates. So we`ll see how he`ll play the next games regular season is very long.

Can I ask? Kevin Hayes was one of your the best centers but Farabee--Brassard--Atkinson line has excelent chemistry. What do you think where will he play. With Lauughton/Lindblom/van Riemsdyk?

Last edited:

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
I like for Cam but he`s very dependent on his teammates. So we`ll see how he`ll play the next games regular season is very long.

Can I ask? Kevin Hayes was one of your the best centers but Farabee--Brassard--Atkinson line has excelent chemistry. What do you think where will he play. With Lauughton/Lindblom/van Riemsdyk?

Yes the PP did start well, so it did last season, as I remember, it just dried out.
What more is, that it seams like the PK against us has started to adjust and covering out actual goal scores on the PP and letting Laine shoot.
And yes Laine and Voracek playing better and better, but how many goals do they have, in PP and Ev play together?
Laine has zero with Voracek. ZERO my friend
Yes Laine has two overtime goals, but not from playing with Voracek.
Cam has six goals and seven point and is +9.

Yes Cam is a very depended player, so it seams like Laine are...
The only player on out team that seems to produce against all odd, with any player and on any line is Bjorkstrand. Still he is depending on his lines to have a chance to score.

I hope and believe that Laine-Voracek start scoring
I hope that the PP is not continue drying out.
But as of now, Flyers has won this trade. Big time

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I agree that drying the first 10 games of the season, the Flyrts are the winners so far.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Yes the PP did start well, so it did last season, as I remember, it just dried out.
What more is, that it seams like the PK against us has started to adjust and covering out actual goal scores on the PP and letting Laine shoot.
And yes Laine and Voracek playing better and better, but how many goals do they have, in PP and Ev play together?
I want to remind you that not even 10 NHL games have been played, CBJ has play 76 games and PHI 77. So if they play, goals will gradually come, especially if Patrik creates enough chances. The same goes for Jakub. Not everyone is in form right from the start.
The only player on out team that seems to produce against all odd, with any player and on any line is Bjorkstrand. Still he is depending on his lines to have a chance to score.
Sorry, but the constant description of Laine as a partner-dependent player has long been invalid, if it was valid at all. Winnipeg didn't use all of his skills, which are gradually showing up here. Btw the same was said about how he can't defend, play without the puck, etc. This season says something different. So stories as only Bjork know it are funny. Especially if Bjork had to change some lines because he didn`t play ideal there. For example in the game with Detroit. Only if he is moved to Jenner and Laine he began to play good, before... tragedy.
We`ll see.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK

It's hard to say, our lines are quite fluid from 2-4. You'd imagine Laughton drops to the fourth line, Lindblom to the wing and Hayes sits between him and JvR.

With AV you never know though. Thompson might be on our top line next week.

Reactions: VT

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City

Laine has 6 points (2 goals, 4 assists) through 6 games
Voracek has 5 points (5 assists) though 6 games.

Yes, Voracek was brought in the help Laine and those 2 haven't clicked yet, but they are looking better and better each game.

If those stats though 6 games are a sign of things to come, I hope we are big time losers like this in every trade.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
If indeed Cam was part of the problems in the locker room, whether through complacency or an unwillingness to assimilate new players into the group (and this is conjecture, I don’t know but these things have been speculated) then CBJ makes out in more ways than their respective stat lines.

EDIT: and I have always been a huge Cam fanboy

I think Elvis`s words about locker-room are very interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I would think Cam would be trying to show the guys that traded him that they made a bad choice.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I think it is win-win.

We needed to shake up the room and so did Philadelphia. Mission accomplished.

We needed an outside veteran that people would listen to. (Maybe Philly did to.) Mission accomplished.

We needed to do something to improve the power play. Mission accomplished.

Philadelphia has created a scoring line with Farabee--Brassard--Atkinson. Good for them.

We needed better passing. Now we have a great passer who can tutor young guys. Mission accomplished.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
As of today, we are higher in the standings than the flyers. Good for everyone involved. I’m a firm believer complacency was an issue.

I’ll gladly take a team that wins over a team of leaders who’s performance (or lack of) got accepted simply because they wanted to be here.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017

Your views on this won't age well :laugh:

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
Who of you do not understand as of now?
I want to remind you that not even 10 NHL games have been played, CBJ has play 76 games and PHI 77. So if they play, goals will gradually come, especially if Patrik creates enough chances. The same goes for Jakub. Not everyone is in form right from the start.

Sorry, but the constant description of Laine as a partner-dependent player has long been invalid, if it was valid at all. Winnipeg didn't use all of his skills, which are gradually showing up here. Btw the same was said about how he can't defend, play without the puck, etc. This season says something different. So stories as only Bjork know it are funny. Especially if Bjork had to change some lines because he didn`t play ideal there. For example in the game with Detroit. Only if he is moved to Jenner and Laine he began to play good, before... tragedy.

We`ll see.

Laine has 6 points (2 goals, 4 assists) through 6 games
Voracek has 5 points (5 assists) though 6 games.

Yes, Voracek was brought in the help Laine and those 2 haven't clicked yet, but they are looking better and better each game.

If those stats though 6 games are a sign of things to come, I hope we are big time losers like this in every trade.

Your views on this won't age well :laugh:
So as of Now Laine has NO goals with Voracek on the ice.

That is not my views that is certainly a fact of history.
Voracek has 6 Assist and Cam has 6 goals and one assist
That is also now a fact of history, how shot it may be.

I hope that this part of history will change soon and Laine will start scoring, so we will be more of a winner gaining what we wanted from that trade: Goals from Laine play with Voracek!

But as of now we have none goals of Laine and Voracek playing together, and Flyers got 6 of what they wanted, I will still say As of now they won this trade.

Again fact of history, that I certainly hope the future will change.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I hope that this part of history will change soon and Laine will start scoring, so we will be more of a winner gaining what we wanted from that trade: Goals from Laine play with Voracek!

But as of now we have none goals of Laine and Voracek playing together, and Flyers got 6 of what they wanted, I will still say As of now they won this trade.

Forget about Voracek+Laine, this club has desperately needed a top playmaker since before Laine arrived. Everyone benefits from playing with Voracek.

If the PP would have been good anyways (without Voracek) then I'd be fine discounting that production and focusing on 5v5, but Voracek's presence on the PP is a big reason why they've scored so many goals there, that is a huge improvement for the club. It sure looks like a win-win trade.

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
Who of you do not understand as of now?

So as of Now Laine has NO goals with Voracek on the ice.

That is not my views that is certainly a fact of history.
Voracek has 6 Assist and Cam has 6 goals and one assist
That is also now a fact of history, how shot it may be.

He saved the powerplay. Imagine how much worse the PP would be with Domi at the right wall instead of Voracek, and he'd probably be our next best option without Jake.

Laine, Werenski, Bjorkstrand, and Jenner are all good at their given roles in the PP but none of them would be able to play those roles as well without Voracek running the show. He lets them all play to their specific talents.

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
He saved the powerplay. Imagine how much worse the PP would be with Domi at the right wall instead of Voracek, and he'd probably be our next best option without Jake.

Laine, Werenski, Bjorkstrand, and Jenner are all good at their given roles in the PP but none of them would be able to play those roles as well without Voracek running the show. He lets them all play to their specific talents.
Maybe, but that is also to early to conclude, like this trade.
As of yet, they has net been able to score, more than one, on PP against top teams.
The last two games, both Canes and Stars succeeded to ensure that only Laine (PP Dry) had a chance to shoot the puck.
It is actually like they want Laine to shoot, on their goalie with full view, when Jenner is kept on the other wing

Last season, the PP actually started quite well as well!
Then came Laine and was just as good for a few games!
So it was clearly Voracek that improved the PP, that has been dry against top teams?

I myself think it has looked better, yes!
But removed from the Arizona game, which I value playing against a AHL team
Then result are saying something else, don't they?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Maybe, but that is also to early to conclude, like this trade.
As of yet, they has net been able to score, more than one, on PP against top teams.
The last two games, both Canes and Stars succeeded to ensure that only Laine (PP Dry) had a chance to shoot the puck.
It is actually like they want Laine to shoot, on their goalie with full view, when Jenner is kept on the other wing

Last season, the PP actually started quite well as well!
Then came Laine and was just as good for a few games!
So it was clearly Voracek that improved the PP, that has been dry against top teams?

I myself think it has looked better, yes!
But removed from the Arizona game, which I value playing against a AHL team
Then result are saying something else, don't they?
There's more to a trade than simply on ice production. From the sounds of things Laine and Cam didn't mesh very well, Cam was apart of the old guard and the team was heading in a new direction. Clearing the locker room of all of the old guard and allowing the new, younger voices take over(Z, Bjorkstrand) can't be stressed enough IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad