Confirmed with Link: Cam Atkinson traded to PHI for Jake Voracek

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
Last season, the PP actually started quite well as well!
Then came Laine and was just as good for a few games!
So it was clearly Voracek that improved the PP, that has been dry against top teams?

I myself think it has looked better, yes!
But removed from the Arizona game, which I value playing against a AHL team
Then result are saying something else, don't they?

Don't let facts get in your way... Last season pre Laine pp was 11.5% and post Laine pp was 16.5%.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
PP goals are a big part of the story but not all of it. You at the very least want to keep/create momentum, get some shots and not deflate the team. Last year it was pretty common to watch 2 minutes of the team skating back to their own zone to grab thr puck and never get setup. Its not a perfect PP this year but its better

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
This feels like a causation fallacy. Substitute Laine with Roslovic and your statement is just as true.

Doesn't matter for the argument, as it was that it's incorrect to claim CBJ PP started hot and dried out, as statistically it was the opposite. (Or it started ice cold and ended up being pretty meh, but 50% better than before).

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
PP goals are a big part of the story but not all of it. You at the very least want to keep/create momentum, get some shots and not deflate the team. Last year it was pretty common to watch 2 minutes of the team skating back to their own zone to grab thr puck and never get setup. Its not a perfect PP this year but its better
Yes you are right, but that happen against the Rangers as well :thumbd:.
At I will agree, last season, they had big problem setting up the PP, but Laine still doesn't produce.
Take a look that PP1 against Rangers PK.
Rangers only took out three player, Zach, Bjorkstand and Jenner, with a very slim and not very aggressive rectangular box.
They did not really try to take out Laine or Voracek.
They let them be in position to shot.

Part of the problem is that, even Laine has played way better this season, but he still do not seams to be able to get dangerously firstimers on the net and more important in the net.
That put a lot of pressure on Zach and his tandem with Bjorkstrand redirect.

I will not criticize Laine here, simply because apart from not really scoring, he has played well.
Just maybe it is time to make a real first line of
Laine-Jenner/Sillinger-Bjorkstrand
That will take some of the scoring pressere of Laine, and that may actually help him with the scoring.
Problem here is I think there are a huge danger in this, because almost all our scoring danger would be on one line.
However we need to get Laine going and so far the Laine and Voracek combo has not produced at all.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I do not have all sorts of stats to back this up. I am just going with the eye test. But I just do not see any way in which Jake is making Laine a more dangerous offensive threat.

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
Don't let facts get in your way... Last season pre Laine pp was 11.5% and post Laine pp was 16.5%.
We didn't play a team as bad as Arizona last season, did we?
Since the two first game, we have an output of 2 of 17 in the last three it is even worse 1 of 10, that is 10%
That is a very good PP.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
So far Jarmo was 100% spot on when discussing this trade in the CBJ war room

bigger player and ability to pass.....He's allowed the Jackets to control the puck---get it in the zone which has been an issue

now if only Laine can come back and Jake can feed him for the big bomb consistently

Reactions: Columbus Jack

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
So far Jarmo was 100% spot on when discussing this trade in the CBJ war room

bigger player and ability to pass.....He's allowed the Jackets to control the puck---get it in the zone which has been an issue

now if only Laine can come back and Jake can feed him for the big bomb consistently

I thought "bigger player" was an odd thing to bring up. Yeah Voracek is big but he doesn't use his size consistently and he's got better selling points than that.

Reactions: thebus88

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I thought "bigger player" was an odd thing to bring up. Yeah Voracek is big but he doesn't use his size consistently and he's got better selling points than that.

I don't know if he meant bigger as in physical size, or bigger as in commands more attention.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

I don't know if he meant bigger as in physical size, or bigger as in commands more attention.
In watching video, I took it as size and it was mentioned twice which struck me as a bit odd.

Reactions: thebus88

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
May God and Stinger forgive me, but I'm so glad Jakub was traded for Cam. Because the more and more I see how this has benefited the team.

Cam needed to get out of Dodge to get a fresh start & reenergize his career, just as much as we needed to bring in a distributing Jake Voracek to feed our scorers and drive our PP. This was a win win.. Cam was dying on the vine for Columbus last year & the pressure seemed to be mounting, it was pretty hard to watch considering everything he had done for Columbus prior to his injuries.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Cam Atkinson in his last 15 games....1-3-4
Jake Voracek in his last 12 games....1-12-13
Cam has always been streaky. He started off the season hot, has hit a rut, and will likely go on a tear again sometime in the coming weeks. Jake is an upgrade for the Jackets, most notably on the power play (notice how they don't struggle as much to get the darn puck set-up in the zone).

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Also shows that Voracek can mesh with anyone, no drop off after Laine injury

There wasn't much to drop off from, at 5v5 Laine+Voracek only had a few goals together.

Keeping the PP going without Laine is more notable, that I'd agree with.

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
Voracek is possibly our most clutch performer. Just look at those two huge shootout goals: both would have resulted in a loss if he had missed!

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Voracek is possibly our most clutch performer. Just look at those two huge shootout goals: both would have resulted in a loss if he had missed!
Not necessarily in SO win against Devils. If Jake had missed his attempt the SO would've gone to the next round.

Or do you think other players on the team can't score in shootouts so they would have lost anyway?:sarcasm:

Reactions: VT

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
There wasn't much to drop off from, at 5v5 Laine+Voracek only had a few goals together.

Well, there's also goals against. It's very different if you have scored a few and given up a couple, or if you have scored a few and given up a dozen...

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Not necessarily in SO win against Devils. If Jake had missed his attempt the SO would've gone to the next round.

Or do you think other players on the team can't score in shootouts so they would have lost anyway?:sarcasm:

You've seen some of these guys take shootout attempts before right? :sarcasm:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
upload_2021-12-2_12-23-5.png

Voracek leads the league in primary assists.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad