Confirmed with Link: Cam Atkinson traded to PHI for Jake Voracek

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021

This talk between Jody and Jake reminded me of this post from last fall:
Interesting story from today . Jody Shelley on the radio this morning said Bjorkstrand told him that Voracek has taken the leadership by the horns , when he first came in he said this is what we are going to do on the powerplay , this is where your going to go , if I go here , then you need to be here . Bjork said this was first time this team has been taught the finer details and positioning during the powerplay
Anyone else hoping that Jake will continue to work for the org as a broadcaster or a coach once his playing career is done?

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Anyone else hoping that Jake will continue to work for the org as a broadcaster or a coach once his playing career is done?

I think Jake working with Kent Johnson (and the guys playing with Johnson) would be fantastic. Domi and Roslovic could probably learn a lot from him to. He seems to skate with the puck like he has a plan, where as Roslovic sometimes seems to be skating with the puck hoping something will happen.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

This talk between Jody and Jake reminded me of this post from last fall:

He said he would want to return to Czech republic after retiring his career in an interview for Czech site.

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
Man. How old was jake the last time he “lived” full time in his home country? as a kid didn’t he leave home early to chase his dream?

Would love to have jake working for the cbj in Europe after he breaks in Kent.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Flyers won this trade hands down, and the bj's still have to pay Voracek 8.25 mil fir two more years :laugh:
Interesting take. To me, Atkinson was one of the guys to get rid of. I can't see him fitting TOP-6 in CBJ and on 3rd line he would be too expensive going forward.

Jake on the other hand has high hockey IQ and doesn't look like the headless chicken Atkinson was on ice (even though he was an effective one), and thus can be an excellent mentor for Johnson, Sillinger and already was for Laine.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Interesting take. To me, Atkinson was one of the guys to get rid of. I can't see him fitting TOP-6 in CBJ and on 3rd line he would be too expensive going forward.

Jake on the other hand has high hockey IQ and doesn't look like the headless chicken Atkinson was on ice (even though he was an effective one), and thus can be an excellent mentor for Johnson, Sillinger and already was for Laine.
It isn't only about play but character too. Voracek very helped our locker room. If Larsen moves him to the third line, he would play there without problems. I think Cam wouldn't be too happy if diplomatic said. I prefer Voracek over Atkinson. Jakub can make linemates better, Cam not.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
It isn't only about play but character too. Voracek very helped our locker room. If Larsen moves him to the third line, he would play there without problems. I think Cam wouldn't be too happy if diplomatic said. I prefer Voracek over Atkinson. Jakub can make linemates better, Cam not.
Yup. If it's true what certain posters proudly tout about Atkinson bitching on Laine, his team mate, total number of zero of such guys are needed in the locker room.

All guys, when asked, and many without asking have been praising how 21-22 season the locker room was fun and the team spirit high, unlike 20-21. Youngsters coming in, Voracek and I guess also Nyqvist, and at last but certainly not least Captain Jenner have certainly had a positive impact for that. I think that has to be one reason why Johnny Hockey came in too.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Strange post given Atkinson still has 3 years at a 5.8 mil cap hit remaining — not exactly chump change.

That said I’m happy to pay Voracek the rest of his contract. Dude needs to shoot more but other than that he was a play driving force for us last year.

That and it’s okay for a trade to be win-win. I continue to wish nothing but the best for Cam as he was a helluva Blue Jacket both on and off the ice. This roster just had too many shoot first players (Lainie, Bjorkstrand) in the top 6 and needed a different look.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
Both players led their team in scoring last year. Not sure anyone should be laughing about this trade one way or another, but I tend to think Voracek was worth the money last season and this contract will be off the books after 2 more. I still feel the way I did on the day of the trade; Voracek fits better slotted higher up in this lineup than Cam does and has a shorter contract.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Yup. If it's true what certain posters proudly tout about Atkinson bitching on Laine, his team mate, total number of zero of such guys are needed in the locker room.

All guys, when asked, and many without asking have been praising how 21-22 season the locker room was fun and the team spirit high, unlike 20-21. Youngsters coming in, Voracek and I guess also Nyqvist, and at last but certainly not least Captain Jenner have certainly had a positive impact for that. I think that has to be one reason why Johnny Hockey came in too.
Although I wouldn't be surprised, the fact that Atkinson bitching on Laine is not verified.
I think Voracek is a man who can create a great atmosphere wherever he goes. That's why I find him more ideal locker room guy.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Flyers won this trade hands down, and the bj's still have to pay Voracek 8.25 mil fir two more years :laugh:
Completely agree. Not only did Cam take the Flyers on ice performance to a new level but you added an extra year to the deal in that trade.

Just really unfortunate that a good guy like Cam went from the outhouse to the, well, shit house. I feel for him.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Both players led their team in scoring last year. Not sure anyone should be laughing about this trade one way or another, but I tend to think Voracek was worth the money last season and this contract will be off the books after 2 more. I still feel the way I did on the day of the trade; Voracek fits better slotted higher up in this lineup than Cam does and has a shorter contract.
From a team fit, Voracek was by far a better fit on the CBJ last year than Cam would have been. That's not to say Cam is not a good player but CBJ needed a play maker, a passer. Cam is not that. He's another shooter on a team that needed creativity. Cam will be fine with Torts, I just feel for him to have to go through a makeover and that if it was going to happen, it couldn't have happened for him in Columbus. However, he woudl be one of the candidates to be moved with the Gaudreu signing.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Jake had 62 points last year and we get out from his deal a year sooner... Interesting timing to act like you are smart and everyone else isn't.
Jake did have 62 points but Cam’s 50 included 23 goals. Jake was a real plus for us last year, but I think Cam would have been a better fit this year as he and Johnny would have been interesting. That said, I like the one year less on Jake’s deal.

Reactions: DarrylshutzSydor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad