OT - NO POLITICS Calm down & step back - (please read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
When I lived in Arlington (40's -50's ) there was this Fanny Farmers store that had some delicious candies.
And there were Table Talk fruit pies that were truly delicious

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
34241048c5dec4bb223f9f4c0031c488.jpg

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
If you thought the COVID threads turned into a shitshow, let me at someone who doesn't like Reeses.

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR RIGHT MIND, MAN?!

I'm willing to trade one of my Reese's cups for two of your yucky, disgusting Snickers....isn't that a good trade? I mean, who likes Snickers? And if you need to, I can take one of those disgusting Twix off your hands, too. It's doing you a favor!

(Who says I didn't learn anything from Tom Sawyer whitewashing a fence?)

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
When I lived in Arlington (40's -50's ) there was this Fanny Farmers store that had some delicious candies.
And there were Table Talk fruit pies that were truly delicious

Fanny Farmer moved early 70s to Fresh Pond shopping center .Where Zayre was.
I used to work right next door in the Deli Delight washing dishes.

Table Talk is still here in business in Worcester. And yeah I love the little pies.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
My all time top 5 in no particular order: Reese's PB cups, butterfinger, kit kat, Reese's stix, Nestle Crunch.

My top 5 (no particular order): Reese's PB Cups, Milky Way, Snickers, Take 5, and Reese's Fast Break. Honestly, I'm good with any candy bar other than Almond Joy, which can f*** off.

Sneaky great one that's outside my top 5 is the Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme Bar.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
I used to like the Peanut Butter Twix, but I don't think they make them anymore...

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Kit Kats are the best, agreed.

In Japan they apparently have 100 different kind of Kit Kat’s in most stores that sell candy.

I was supposed to go in 2017 but my friend picked up an extortion felony charge and lost his passport so it didn’t happen.

Drove through Boston yesterday at 5pm up the expressway out 1A by the airport. No traffic was like driving at 2am.

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
As a man child with a sweet tooth the size of a Buick, I can tell you all that you’re all cookoo bananas, because they’re all good. Snickers, Reese’s, Kit Kat’s, all of ‘em.

Except for coconut. You can GTF right out with coconut.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
As a man child with a sweet tooth the size of a Buick, I can tell you all that you’re all cookoo bananas, because they’re all good. Snickers, Reese’s, Kit Kat’s, all of ‘em.

Except for coconut. You can GTF right out with coconut.
I love coconut with dark chocolate !

Frozen milky ways

Reactions: eightspokedb

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
In Japan they apparently have 100 different kind of Kit Kat’s in most stores that sell candy.

I was supposed to go in 2017 but my friend picked up an extortion felony charge and lost his passport so it didn’t happen.

Drove through Boston yesterday at 5pm up the expressway out 1A by the airport. No traffic was like driving at 2am.

Bolded... I regularly (well, not during Covid19 times) get me some from Japan via eBay and/or Amazon. Hokkaido melon is the bomb. They had a limited edition banana in spring 2019 that was to die for, got like 6-7 bags (they're tiny unfortunately). Very delicate. You ought to try to get some of them KitKats! Highly recommended.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Since going going organic I eat peanut butter cups nade by this company called Theo. Dark chocolate and great peanut butter

Reactions: Trizz617

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
Peace & Blessings to all. I'll say my peace then see my way out for now. I don't claim to know any of you. I've casually responded to some of you during the hockey season threads and such. I got love for all of you regardless of color, creed, race etc. Let's stay focused and not let the politics of the day continue to divide & conquer our souls and spirits. Let us, be the bridge over troubled waters. It truly does start within each of us and expands outwardly. We are all, the Most High's children. One love, God Bless and please stay safe. T

Reactions: Ladyfan and hrdpuk

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Bolded... I regularly (well, not during Covid19 times) get me some from Japan via eBay and/or Amazon. Hokkaido melon is the bomb. They had a limited edition banana in spring 2019 that was to die for, got like 6-7 bags (they're tiny unfortunately). Very delicate. You ought to try to get some of them KitKats! Highly recommended.

Whoa thanks the the amazon tip will try.

I don’t think my new job will ever allow for travel to Asia. Maybe if I go Xmas-NYE.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
How do y'all feel about Raisinets? I rarely think about them, but then I see them at the movies and I remember that they're pretty damn tasty.
I love Raisinets but you can not ever mix them with Goobers.

Goobers are another favorite of mine.

I'm trying to be good and now all I want are Reeses, Goobers and Kit Kats

Edit: I like Almond Joys. They are my go to vending machine snack if plain m&m's aren't available. I have been known to buy the snack sized bags on occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia