OT - NO POLITICS Calm down & step back - (please read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
My go to favorite is jumbo cashews. Even though I’m not supposed to eat them. Diverticulitis.
But I do . Knowingly. Then pay for it later.

As a fellow member of the David Backes Sigmoid Colon Fan Club, isn't the popcorn/nuts stuff mostly hooey? I mean, I guess YMMV, and if it inflames your pouch, don't eat 'em. I pretty much hate both in most instances, so no harm, no foul for me. I had a flare up right when COVID really was ramping up here - my guess is it was some overly enthusiastic grilling (some would say "burning") of a hot dog. Fortunately, it was mild enough and so much exactly like what I had before that that I just called my doc, and he gave me antibiotics over the phone...in normal times, I completely don't mind going in to make sure nothing else is going on, but fortunately, all has better for quite a few months.

And in terms of cookies: I am team Tollhouse. Or, really, any type of traditional homemade chocolate chip cookie. Absolutely no soft-baked chemically treated Chips Ahoy. Oatmeal raisin is just okay, but it's Satan's cookie when it's not clearly marked as containing raisins instead of chocolate chips. I once bought a scone that was clearly marked "chocolate chip", and it was a normal raisin scone. Even nuked it and everything - nothing like a warm, soggy raisin to ruin your day.

Reactions: Ritmo and Gee Wally

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
My snack of choice lately has been Fire roasted jalapeño Pringles. That or spicy nacho Doritos. I try not to buy them though, because i will happily plow through the entire can/bag in one sitting

Those are good, but Poppin' Jalapeño is better IMHO. I'll have to try those jalapeño Pringles.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Those are good, but Poppin' Jalapeño is better IMHO. I'll have to try those jalapeño Pringles.

i usually can’t find the jalapeño Doritos. The plain old jalapeño Pringles are good, but if you can find the fire roasted Wavy version they are much better. I like Pringles because they are cheap and feel so light going down lol. For a while we had a collection going in the office. They would occasionally be thrown away but we must have had 2-3 cans a week last summer.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I ate 40 packs of fruit gushers in about 2.5 days, it’s incredible that A) I’m a grown man and B) am only mildly out of shape

I don't know how you ate that many that quickly. My parents rarely let me have them as a kid, so a couple years ago I happened to see them at the grocery store and I bought some. I couldn't believe how sugary they were. It literally hurt my teeth to eat them. I couldn't believe I loved them so much as a kid (probably because I saw them as this forbidden fruit).

I’m addicted to cheddar goldfish. I crushed a bag for “lunch” yesterday. Whoopsie.

I refuse to believe that there is more than 1 serving in a bag of goldfish, maybe 2 if I'm rationing.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I never liked Gushers. Far too sweet and the gelatinous consistency plus the sensation of something bursting open in my mouth was too much. I’m a harsh consistency critic

Reactions: talkinaway

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
My snack of choice lately has been Fire roasted jalapeño Pringles. That or spicy nacho Doritos. I try not to buy them though, because i will happily plow through the entire can/bag in one sitting

besides any bag of chips, my snack has been mixing a bag of milk chocolate morsels into the huge container of almonds i have

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
besides any bag of chips, my snack has been mixing a bag of milk chocolate morsels into the huge container of almonds i have

love almonds they are just so damn expensive. If you’re near an ocean state job lot i find that to be a good spot for all nut varieties.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
love almonds they are just so damn expensive. If you’re near an ocean state job lot i find that to be a good spot for all nut varieties.
very expensive. but this container is huge. and its lasted a while. ive been eating them for breakfast and lunch at work.

Reactions: TD Charlie

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don't know how you ate that many that quickly. My parents rarely let me have them as a kid, so a couple years ago I happened to see them at the grocery store and I bought some. I couldn't believe how sugary they were. It literally hurt my teeth to eat them. I couldn't believe I loved them so much as a kid (probably because I saw them as this forbidden fruit).

grit

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
june 23rd I believe (either that or the 24th I can’t remember, I’ll have to check lol)

I have a lot of dead time now so I figure what better way to spend it than by getting in shape and maybe altering some other life habits. Cody Rigsby all day
I started using the Open Fit app and so far it has been great. They have live classes as well as on demand ones.

It costs $98 for the year which is way better than $47 a month for the YMCA.

I’m currently doing their XTend Barre series. I started off with the 15 minute on demand classes and now do that plus a 25 minute live class. My goal is to get to the 40 minute live class.

Now if I could just get my eating habits under control.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I think you got it right Wally. That Covid thread had become totally toxic.

No one was gonna change anyone's mind anyway and all that was happening there was a whole bunch of posters, who are usually some pretty nice folks, got nasty with each other (myself included).

I had to check myself Sunday night after BGB asked me to stop quoting him. I realized he was right, he's entitled to his opinion and he was able to express it without personal attacks, which is more than I say,so my apologies to him. Sometimes we get carried away defending our beliefs.

We really need some hockey to start up again.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Agreed Joker. I definitely prefer getting down people’s throats on shitty tuukka rask opinions, that’s for sure ;)

As an aside I was just looking in the bathroom mirror about to hop in the shower and I saw a massive spider pop out from underneath the floorboard heat behind me and lurk. I turned and it scurried back under- fished that thing out with the most daring quick flick of the wrist and murdered the everloving hell out of it. Might’ve been overkill. I think I have problems

I don’t mind spiders but I do NOT like that kind. I couldn’t even tell you what it was I haven’t really seen anything too similar to it. Wasn’t a wolf spider and wasn’t a house spider but it wasn’t dissimilar. Hopefully it wasn’t a 1 of 1 because now it belongs to the shadow realm

Reactions: GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
thanks Chuck.

btw...just my opinion, I like having the OT food thread and OT music thread..

I think they should stay...at least until we get hockey back.
Lots of good content and folks get along.

Agree. These are the last bits I turn to each night before going offline.

I too have my political opions, but it's best to focus on what we can all agree upon. That's the B's, pro and con.

As an "essential worker" at a large liquor store in Denver, I've witnessed protesters, tear gas, and National Guardsmen. The store itself preemtively boarded its windows, as adjacent businesses had been looted.

The protesters, tear gas and lootiing have occured on my street.

Great good fun.

In the event, let's stay safe, sane, and in this venue, free of partisan politics.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
Might’ve been overkill. I think I have problems

There was a wasp circling my wife in the driveway a few days ago (she is allergic to them...), and when I finally knocked it down with a stick (yes, I keep a goalie stick in the bed of my truck) to the ground I killed it and then went full Lizzie Borden on it, pummeling until there was literally nothing left of it.

I know I have been on edge lately, but I was actually concerned about my reaction...

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
There was a wasp circling my wife in the driveway a few days ago (she is allergic to them...), and when I finally knocked it down with a stick (yes, I keep a goalie stick in the bed of my truck) to the ground I killed it and then went full Lizzie Borden on it, pummeling until there was literally nothing left of it.

I know I have been on edge lately, but I was actually concerned about my reaction...

i slid him back underneath the floorboard heat for his brothers to see

sometimes you gotta leave one laying in the fields. Vlad the Impaler style warnings. Nobody’s gonna be scurrying out any time soon

Reactions: sooshii

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Speaking of unwelcome insects, I'm getting ants in my bathroom a lot lately. Considering the top two reasons that I enter the bathroom, and the fact that I don't like wasting water, their death is probably less than pleasant. Normally, I'd get those ant traps with the food that kills them, but considering the times, I don't really feel like venturing out, and it's not bad enough to bother ordering stuff online.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I miss when the most edgy/snarky comments on this board were when people were calling me an idiot for saying Kase isn’t a second line player or Krug being the worst defensive zone defender on the team.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Nothing like the smoke detector right outside your room going off for no reason at 5am go really get the blood flowing.

And of course my husband had just left for work so I had to shit a brick solo

Reactions: Ladyfan and LSCII

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I managed to cut my arm with my fingernail last night. I'm still peeling and I went to put some lotion on and it started stinging like crazy. Not a great feeling.

HF Hot Mess Team

aguineapig

Forgive my all my anger
Forgive me all my faults
There's no need to forgive me
For thinkin' what I thought

Dublin Blues
Guy Clark

Reactions: JOKER 192
Status
Not open for further replies.