C/W Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Ässät, Liiga (2018, 3rd, MTL) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
One day a stud on his way to immediate superstardom, the next day you can be lucky to carve out a decent career in the ECHL. Life on HFboards.

Reactions: xNogaitx

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
1 prospect game folks..

Like I said before he was one of the best for Assat in their pre season games but it means nothing when he has a weak 1st game in NA, and I hope no one would suggest prospect tourney> Liiga.

Pre season is the golden time of overreactions.

Players can dominate or look weak right now, it doesn't matter nor tell how they'll do in the NHL.

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
Like I said before he was one of the best for Assat in their pre season games but it means nothing when he has a weak 1st game in NA, and I hope no one would suggest prospect tourney> Liiga.

Pre season is the golden time of overreactions.

Players can dominate or look weak right now, it doesn't matter nor tell how they'll do in the NHL.
I don't remember Laine doing well in pre season games prior to his rookie season.

Reactions: Ippenator

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don't remember Laine doing well in pre season games prior to his rookie season.

People were mentioning AHL with Laine on pre season and Connor to be the star, Laine had what 10 goal, 2 hattricks in his 1st 14 games, and Connor spent the majority of the time in the AHL.
Columbus was supposed to have the best, or one of the best lines in hockey with Saad- Johansen- Foligno just to see Johansen traded few months later.

Heiskanen is dominating the prospect tourney but that's not why I'm high on him nor does it say anything on how he'll do in a month.

I've really learned the lesson to not go crazy with pre season games and basically just ignore them.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Blah blah blah... too soon... It's a bad 3rd overall pick. Period.

Timmins sucks once again. That guy is lucky his name isn't Tremblay or people on HF would have asked for his head years ago.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
BouncyHoarseAnt-size_restricted.gif

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Brutal first game, improved in his 2nd game but still wasn't very good which is fine.

He turned 18 about 64 days ago...he's still extremely young and very inexperienced when it comes to the smaller NA ice. I think the consensus on our board is 1 year in La Liga, then maybe 1 year in the AHL if he doesn't dominate in Finland.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I didn't like the pick but some of the responses here are hilarious. Kind of proving the weird Bergevin acolytes right that some here will hate anything if they can thread it back to Bergevin.

The real problem was a very poorly assembled roster in a rookie tournament that shouldn't exist giving a bunch of kids a poor stage to show anything meaningful. Which is a Bergevin problem, but because people here would have participated in the 2008 playoff riot, they are instead focusing on the performance of a high schooler.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
being drafted by the habs, he's an easy target if he struggles. If he was drafted 3rd overall by some American team the hate won't be as strong. Unreal hfboards.com.

Reactions: Mrb1p

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
Worst part is most of the hate comes within the fanbase. Truly sad.

I think disappointment is being taken for hate. I haven't heard of many who hate Kotkaniemi's game. I have run into lots of people who are critical of the position he was drafted in though based on all the pre-draft lists & rankings.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I think disappointment is being taken for hate. I haven't heard of many who hate Kotkaniemi's game. I have run into lots of people who are critical of the position he was drafted in though based on all the pre-draft lists & rankings.

Not this again!

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
These games and tournaments are so they can learn and get better.

Kotkaniemi still has plenty of time to improve. It's up to Montreal to help develop him the best they can.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
maybe he should play next year on NA ice tho that seemed to be an issue in the rookie game just keep him far away from Bergevin they should never speak or interact

the rookie game doesnt bother me it seemed like he was having trouble with the size of the ice and adjusting his game to find his position with a lot less space

Last edited:

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
People can hate a pick, that doesn't mean they hate the player. That's getting confused in here.

People hating a pick while these guys haven't played one nhl game yet is laughable. I don't pretend like a know more than scouts who actually do this for a living, but that's just me. In 4-5 years, if those guys are right, then sure they can complain about it.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
People hating a pick while these guys haven't played one nhl game yet is laughable. I don't pretend like a know more than scouts who actually do this for a living, but that's just me. In 4-5 years, if those guys are right, then sure they can complain about it.

People hate/love picks in here, it's what the prospect section is all about. Arm chair GM's & scouts commenting about players game, potential and draft position. Not sure why the concept is laughable? Nobody forced you to come to this section of HF. I've never claimed to know more than NHL scouts. There were reports that draft lists from team to team were drastically different this year. Some might have had Kotkaniemi top 3, some might have had him out of the top 10. There certainly wasn't a consensus 3rd best player this year.

If you feel Kotkaniemi was the best pick at 3rd overall, I respect your opinion and thank you for sharing it. I enjoy reading other opinions on prospects, players, and teams. Perhaps you should take a step back and add something of value to the conversation rather than laughing at people who don't share your opinion?

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Perhaps you should take a step back and add something of value to the conversation rather than laughing at people who don't share your opinion?

Oh wow. I added something of value in this conversation by stopping the 20th debate in the last 3 months on how Kotkaniemi was drafted higher than he should have been. It's getting old now. People need to realize that he is a project, it's pretty obvious and well known. Im sure I'm not the only one that isn't interested in hearing about how these other guys would be better picks than him everytime he hasn't performed, it kills the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille