C/W Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Ässät, Liiga (2018, 3rd, MTL) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Of course i think he's gonna be very good, to the people capping him as a 2nd line center is just dumb. Barkov and Kopitar are Hall-of-Fame level talents so those comparisons and projections aren't really fair to JP right now either.
I mean, I think Kotkaniemi could be that, hes got all the tools to be elite, but yeah, ill temper expectations, especially with this team, who managed to scrap a talent like Galchenyuk.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
So Kotkaniemi has a pretty busy start to his season this year.

He scored 5 points in 3 games (2 full games and 2 half games) for Assat during preseason, and had a goal in Finland's win over the Czech Republic in today's 4 Nations U20 game.

After the 4 Nations tournament, he will head over to NA for the Habs' rookie camp, Rookie Showdown, and then the Habs' main camp and possibly NHL preseason. He'll (hopefully) most likely be sent back to Assat, where he can continue to develop his game there.

Looking forward to watching this kid very closely this season.

TLP

Apr 9, 2018
I Ann hoping for him but I believe he will turn into this regimes Doug Wickenheiser.
Again I hope I am wrong, but that city can be brutally tough on players who don’t live up to expectations. Especially those that were a pretty surprising oickbat 3.
Fingers crossed for him.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Kotkaniemi shifts vs Sweden. Wasnt really best of matches from either Finland or Kotkaniemi

Nice feed @ 12:12, Killinen should've got that.
Will be interesting to see if Assat decides to stick with Kivenmaki on his line. Looked like there could be some chemistry.

Last edited:

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal
He looked terrible, what a waste of a 3rd overall pick. He probably ends up being a bust because Montreal.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
People see one game of a prospect.

People start to complain, label him a bust, crush his confidence.

People wonder why we can't develop properly.

Repeat.

This thread is so full of stupidity and ignorance, it's frustrating. Let him be and see what he can do.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I mean, I think Kotkaniemi could be that, hes got all the tools to be elite, but yeah, ill temper expectations, especially with this team, who managed to scrap a talent like Galchenyuk.

Apart from being centres and picked 3rd overall by Montreal, there is very little in common with Kotkaniemi and Galchenyuk. Completely different kind of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad