C Peyton Krebs - Winnipeg Ice, WHL (2019, 17th, VGK) | Trade to BUF

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Damn, sucks for him but this is realy good for the team who’s gonna draft him... this draft is so tight between prospects that some team will pass on him if their other draft options aren’t too far appart in talent. How much he will drop that’s impossible to predict bur a few spot for sure, doubt he drops to 15th but it would be a no brainer from an habs perspective.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
4-6 month recovery is for ham n eggers, not elite athletes.

The problem with tendons is the lack of blood flow feeding them, the partial sever may help in that regard, so can newer surgical glues.

The issue is what it does to his development curve. It’s not like he was jumping straight into the league, but can he make up for that lost time before the ELC kicks in?

If enough medical teams(or their consulting physicians) are okay with it, he might not drop much if at all.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I see him dropping some, hopefully to MN at 12. I love just about everything in his game, and think it likely he will have a full recovery, but there is no doubt that serious injuries set you back in development.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Damn, gonna be hard for him to put his jersey on after getting drafted or even walking up if he's in crutches or a boot

Canucks777

Jun 17, 2018
I was hoping the Canucks didn't draft him, even before this, and now this is even worse. Plus, they are inviting him to come for an extended interview. Does anyone know what position he will most likely play in the NHL?

avalancheboi

Nov 16, 2018
Aurora
I was hoping the Canucks didn't draft him, even before this, and now this is even worse. Plus, they are inviting him to come for an extended interview. Does anyone know what position he will most likely play in the NHL?
He's a center through and through. Played on a line with Cozens and Newhook at the U18s and was the C over them.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Really hope news comes out before the draft that teams are satisfied with his medical reports when they inevitably check in and he doesn’t fall. Wish the best for the kid

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Care to tell me why?

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
I got my Achille's tendon surgery (complete tear) three weeks ago and I can only wish him all the best for the future. I also hope the Ducks stay well away from him, as much as you can have a full recovery, he'll never be the same again.

Reactions: MSSLYNX

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
I have a feeling this injury definitely will effect, I had him going in the Top 10, but with that bad of an injury he probably might fall out of that position. Hopefully he still can become a very good player, and I still think he has the ability to.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
One of my favorite players in the whole draft, hopefully this injury doesn't cause him to fall to far but I think he'll fall out of the top 10.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Teemu Selanne had a severed Achilles tendon and it didn't affect him. As well, Krebs didn't completely tear the Achilles and it sounds like it was partially cut. Should be a 3 to 4 month window and he'll be back playing. The way that it was described, it was supposed to have been a complete tear, which would have been really bad because tears aren't a clean rip. They're usually frayed and jagged.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I think teams will be much more rational and calculated than most posters on this board. They have access to doctors, trainers, medical reports, etc that will allow them to make an informed decision. Most people here are simply hedging because they don’t know but teams aren’t going to pass on a player they really like unless there is enough risk that his skating and development will be impacted long-term. And it’s possible that it will, but it won’t be the “well i just wouldn’t take the risk now” hedging that are frequently posted here.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Jesus. To all the people saying “he’ll never to the same” I don’t think you realize the advances in the medical field.

Hockeyphysio

Jul 2, 2018
Its not great news for sure.... although a partial tear is good news. I also believe a skate cut is a much "cleaner" than a rupture. I think the added risk associated will drop him down some but he will likely not see huge difference in his function as a hockey player long term

I did find an article on full tears on playing time in some of the other big leagues

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0363546517713001

Last edited:
Reactions: CanuckCity

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
TBH I didn’t really think he was going to go top 10 anyway. 11-15 always seemed more realistic

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
This might put him outside the top 10, actually. I would not be surprised to see all of Newhook, Broberg, and Caufield go before him at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad