C Peyton Krebs - Winnipeg Ice, WHL (2019, 17th, VGK) | Trade to BUF

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I had a full Achilles tear and made a 100% recovery. I’m not worried about the injury other than the training time he’ll have lost.
How long did it take you to fully recover, and was there absolutely no difference in your Achilles before and after the injury?

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
How long did it take you to fully recover, and was there absolutely no difference in your Achilles before and after the injury?

It took me about 5 months to make a 100% recovery and build the calf muscle back up to a respectable level. My injured tendon is now about twice as thick as before the injury which means it’s far less likely to snap again.

When you tear an ACL, it never heals 100% and in the back of your mind, you’re always worried it is going to tear again and that can really mess with your head. With an Achilles tear, I have full confidence that I can go at 100%.

I’m athletic, but I suppose I couldn’t say for sure that my breakout stride is exactly what it was pre injury. I don’t feel I’ve lost a step.

Krebs is gonna be just fine.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
I don't think Krebs will fall all that much as a result of his injury as it isn't a complete tear, and prognostics on the healing of a partial Achilles tear are much, much better than when it is fully ruptured. It also heals much faster, taking usually less than 3 months to heal for a young person, with emphasis rapidly put on strengthening the tendon as opposed to letting it heal for weeks on end before doing anything in the case of a full tear.

As Krebs' Achilles is allegedly only partially torn it shouldn't impede him too much as there will be much less scar tissue, which reduces the tendon's flexibility, motion range and peak strength, after he's done healing.

Additionally, the fact that there's a part of his tendon that is still whole and healthy also means that the surgical repairs to his Achilles will have been easier and that the doctor will have been able to suture the tear quite a bit more tightly, with the healthy part of the tendon shouldering the brunt of the pressure, which helps it regain its functions more completely and easily while also reducing the risks of re-injuring it.

For those interested in learning more about partial tears, here is a link I've found that touches on the subject.
https://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/...achilles-pain/partial-rupture-achilles-tendon

If it had been a complete tear of the Achilles, then Krebs' future would have been a lot more bleak and he would probably have fallen out of the first round entirely and the Doomsayers would have been much more justified than they are now.

Reactions: derriko

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
It took me about 5 months to make a 100% recovery and build the calf muscle back up to a respectable level. My injured tendon is now about twice as thick as before the injury which means it’s far less likely to snap again.

When you tear an ACL, it never heals 100% and in the back of your mind, you’re always worried it is going to tear again and that can really mess with your head. With an Achilles tear, I have full confidence that I can go at 100%.

I’m athletic, but I suppose I couldn’t say for sure that my breakout stride is exactly what it was pre injury. I don’t feel I’ve lost a step.

Krebs is gonna be just fine.
I think he will be fine, but will probably lose the best part of a year just getting back to where he was. You never know...humans are not machines. His age should help him.

I do think he will drop a few spots in the draft though.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He should be fine.. still think he drops a couple spots. So if your Vancouver at 10, and you were looking at Krebs or Newhook.. that might bump Newhook ahead.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
He should be fine.. still think he drops a couple spots. So if your Vancouver at 10, and you were looking at Krebs or Newhook.. that might bump Newhook ahead.

Basically this. While it will bump him a coupe pegs down. He should return to a similiar player, and his potential shouldn’t be effected.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
I had a full Achilles tear and made a 100% recovery. I’m not worried about the injury other than the training time he’ll have lost.

100% recovery based on what? Sport results? Your previous athleticism? I hope you're right both for Krebs and because I'm directly interested but I heard very different reports on this. Age plays a factor here as well.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Big name players that suffered this similar injury are....,

Terms selanne during the 94 season missing 33 games, Tyler seguin and Eric karlsson. All 3 players career was not effected by such injury and were all fully recovered from this nasty injury.

My question is how in the world did he get this type of injury while not playing hockey.

lawrence

May 19, 2012

Let’s put it this way....

If the Canucks have krebs ahead of him because they think he is a better nhler in the future it will remain krebs. This injury wouldn’t drop his stock. It sucks but won’t effect stock.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

Terms selanne during the 94 season missing 33 games, Tyler seguin and Eric karlsson. All 3 players career was not effected by such injury and were all fully recovered from this nasty injury.

My question is how in the world did he get this type of injury while not playing hockey.
??? He was cut with a skate. I'm assuming it wasn't while figure or speed skating.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

He was playing hockey...

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

As mentioned, he was playing hockey. My buddy managed to tear his by having a picture frame fall, the glass breaking, and a shard launching out straight through his Achilles.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
It's a temporary setback for him but the timing is bad. I still think he'll go within the first 10-14 picks in the draft.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009

I think with Karlsson there was some drop off, not sure if this was the cause, age or other wear and tear to be certain.

Reactions: derriko

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Was it cut by a skate or did he just maybe go into the boards feet-first or something?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I think with Karlsson there was some drop off, not sure if this was the cause, age or other wear and tear to be certain.

He had 74 points, 66 points followed by 82 points. This year he was on pace for over 70 points.
I don’t see a drop off at all.

Was it cut by a skate or did he just maybe go into the boards feet-first or something?

His agent has done a damn job keeping the info as little as possible while trying to sound like he’s “fine” as much as possible. If I was a team gm I would request the doctors report from his agent. Depending on how bad it is, he could be out TIL December.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
Honestly, its a temporary setback. He's a very young, elite athlete who will get all the attention in the world by the team doctors that drafted him. It's not even a full tear. I suspect he will be skating in 2 months or less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad