Prospect Info: C Nathan Smith (2018 3rd, 91st overall)

Do you like this pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Stat watching Nathan Smith - looks like he didn't improve his output this season.

Anyone have an excuse that will save him from being in my doghouse?

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Thanks for the link! Great to hear about him. Wonder if Jets intended to sign him as an Appleton replacement but he felt there wasn’t enough of a guarantee to make the jump this year. God knows we need more right handed forwards.

Yeah Appelton would be his absolute upside imo. One more year in college isn't going to hurt him.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Yeah Appelton would be his absolute upside imo. One more year in college isn't going to hurt him.

I could see him following Appleton’s path.
He has a lot of skill and will be given every opportunity to break out this year.
He’s still a dark horse, but definitely my favourite one.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Seems like a solid player. I see the trajectory as an eventual graduation to the AHL and have a couple decent seasons with the Moose. Then off to Europe, maybe Swiss or German Elite leagues

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Sounds like the Jets made him an offer. But he chose the college route. Like Samberg. I see an easier path for Smith to make the NHL. The Jets do not have much depth at forward. If Perfetti jumps to the NHL next year, in my opinion Nathan Smith would be our best forward prospect on the Moose. Hopefully he follows up on last year's success and joins the Moose at the end of the season. He's the kind of player who could replace Copp in the lineup, as a PP and PKer. He's got better hands than Copper, defensively I still don't know where he will be at. But this guy should be an NHLer. I like the pick, our scouts seem to have a good read on the USHL.

Reactions: Jet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad