Prospect Info: C Nathan Smith (2018 3rd, 91st overall)

Do you like this pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
can anyone name a former Jets' prospect (v1.0) that ended up having a solid rollerhockey career after his NHL career fizzled?

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
don't forget brian and joe mullen. they grew up in Hells kitchen and learned to play on roller skates. both had pretty successful nhl careers.

Reactions: mazmin

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
can anyone name a former Jets' prospect (v1.0) that ended up having a solid rollerhockey career after his NHL career fizzled?
What's a solid roller hockey career? Are there roller hockey careers to be had? I always thought pro roller hockey was on par with beer leagues.

Do they get paid in coupons or actual money?

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
What's a solid roller hockey career? Are there roller hockey careers to be had? I always thought pro roller hockey was on par with beer leagues.

Do they get paid in coupons or actual money?[/QUOTE]

Round my neck of the woods it's Mr Freezies. At least in the under-9 league.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
To hell with roller hockey. Someone should resurrect banked track roller derby! Sure, it was as fake as rasslin' but tons of fun to watch. I always cheered for the Canadian All-Stars. They were the good guys (and gals). Not like those dirty LA T-birds or New York Bombers. They cheated too much. :laugh:

Kind of sad to see that one of the real stars of that era, Gwen "Skinny Minnie" Miller passed away a couple of months ago.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
So I got to play with this guy last night. It was drop in hockey at our new facility in Wesley Chapel (think Iceplex). I was wearing my HC jersey and he skated by in warmup and said 'nice jersey' with a big smile. I had no idea who he was tbh.

I know it's just a skate with mostly benders, but this time of year you have a lot of guys getting ready to go back to their teams for TC. We have had guys in the USHL, ECHL, AHL, the Q and various D3 schools. Last night was by far the fastest, best skate I have been involved with in Florida, and Nate easily stood out against the crowd.
  • Everything he did was zero effort. You could tell he was so far ahead of everyone else in his thinking level that it made his game extremely efficient.
  • He has a really impressive shot, and he is very agile. When I played with him he made it so easy for me as the defenseman providing great support and passing options - and he took even my awful passes in stride. One play I was pressured so I threw it up the middle, between his legs. He dragged it to his stick with his back foot and at that exact second the defenseman was stepping up on him, he did a little flip of the puck and a juke and he was gone. Everyone gasped.
  • I also got to play against him for a bit. I am pretty good at 'minding my gap', stepping up on guys and forcing them to either take a shot or circle back. Nate is so creative he found ways to get by me. A couple of times I wanted to put the muscle on him a bit to see if I could force him into an area he didn't want to go. This kid is solid af. He actually reminded me of Ryan Smyth with his puck protection skills and strength. I am pretty hockey strong, I can usually hold my own with most but Nate was like a friggin boulder.
I am pretty excited to follow him and see where he goes. At the very least I see him as a solid contributor to the Moose but I think he has 3/4th line potential on the Jets.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So I got to play with this guy last night. It was drop in hockey at our new facility in Wesley Chapel (think Iceplex). I was wearing my HC jersey and he skated by in warmup and said 'nice jersey' with a big smile. I had no idea who he was tbh.

I know it's just a skate with mostly benders, but this time of year you have a lot of guys getting ready to go back to their teams for TC. We have had guys in the USHL, ECHL, AHL, the Q and various D3 schools. Last night was by far the fastest, best skate I have been involved with in Florida, and Nate easily stood out against the crowd.
  • Everything he did was zero effort. You could tell he was so far ahead of everyone else in his thinking level that it made his game extremely efficient.
  • He has a really impressive shot, and he is very agile. When I played with him he made it so easy for me as the defenseman providing great support and passing options - and he took even my awful passes in stride. One play I was pressured so I threw it up the middle, between his legs. He dragged it to his stick with his back foot and at that exact second the defenseman was stepping up on him, he did a little flip of the puck and a juke and he was gone. Everyone gasped.
  • I also got to play against him for a bit. I am pretty good at 'minding my gap', stepping up on guys and forcing them to either take a shot or circle back. Nate is so creative he found ways to get by me. A couple of times I wanted to put the muscle on him a bit to see if I could force him into an area he didn't want to go. This kid is solid af. He actually reminded me of Ryan Smyth with his puck protection skills and strength. I am pretty hockey strong, I can usually hold my own with most but Nate was like a friggin boulder.
I am pretty excited to follow him and see where he goes. At the very least I see him as a solid contributor to the Moose but I think he has 3/4th line potential on the Jets.

How did I miss this kick ass scouting report until now? Thanks Jet!!

Reactions: Jet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad