C Mika Zibanejad (2011, 6th overall, Ottawa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerrico

Jan 21, 2007
MPS, Jarnkrok, and Zibanejad

Can someone please give me a brief breakdown/ comparison of their styles of play? Which one do you think will be the best player?

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
Zibanejad just failed to clear the puck that didn't look that hard, so the opposing player had an open net. A big dot of ink on his otherwise clean game tonight.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Same watching if his worth of his hype :) will be posting after game. watching lulea player konstantin komarek aswell he impressed me earlier when i saw him. He is 2011 draftee aswell. What they handed to zibanejad beginning of the game?

Guess who scored the tying goal :) komarek has impressed me alot. Zibanejad had a weaker period with a big mistake but his game is very mature and his decisions are smart. Komarek in the other hand had a very good period. Supported the defense and was defensively great. Gave many hits and scored a goal. Not telling that komarek is better he's just having much better game. Kid should be 2nd-4th round pick this year.

Last edited:

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
I'd say Zibanejad will be the most complete of the three, mostly because Jarnkrok doesn't have his physical element and is more of a finessing player along the board (hey, it works for Dats, right) and doesn't have the strength to outbattle people like Zibanejad has.

Paajarvi obviously got the speed but in comparison to the other two he's not as poised with the puck and not as smart on defense. I'm kind of split towards which one I'd rather have, especially since I'm more impressed by Zibanejad for every time I see him, but Jarnkrok's hands and hockey sense are two very intruiging qualities that will get him far.

Edit: Will give a longer report after the games if you want.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Can someone tell me if there are any similarities to MPS and Zibanejad?

Better skater? Shiftyness?

Better stick handler?

Shooter?

MPS will be a good player for a long time, but his upside is limited IMO. I'm just wondering if Zibanejad has some of the similar question marks on his game.

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
ziba and mps are two good all-around players, but when järnkrok grows into a mans body his skill and hockeysence will take him places.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Zibanejad got a secondary assist on Djurgårdens goal. Very impressed with him overall, but he has had some ups and downs in this game.
Ny Islanders Anders Nilsson also looks great, mindblowing sticksave when Daniel Brodin had a empty net.

As a Djurgården fan it´s a bit frustrating game to watch, the team gets nowhere. Luleå is a really bad matchup for our guys. :(

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Yah I think Jarnkrok will be the best player of the three IMO....

Zibanejad may be getting a tad overated lately...

I remember when Cogliano broke in I thought he would be Modano, but now he is looking more like Marchant or some other speedster with limited offense

MPS seemed a lot like a Naslund type, but with the same fears I have with Cogs, I hope MPS can translate those talents....

All in all, I think all three have a chance to be Top 6 forwards in the NHL..

Karlssonlee

Jan 13, 2009
Calle Jarnkrok will be the best of all of them.

He will be mentored and brought along slowly by the best organization in the NHL. He will be mentored by the likes of Zetterberg, Datsyuk, etc. Not only that, but he has the best skillset imo.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
Not saying he is better but I like Jarnkrok's chances due to the fact that he was drafted by Detroit. They have no need to rush him and he should have plenty of time to grow and develop all aspects of his game. It may take him longer then MPS to put up the points but his all around game I believe will only be that much better.

The Saw Is the Law

Jul 31, 2010
Game ended. 1-2 loss for Djurgårdens. Zibanejad had awesome first period. Second and third period were a bit disappointing. He failed in Luleås game tying goal. He had his up and downs. Hopefully I can see more Djurgårdens playoff games.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
Yah I think Jarnkrok will be the best player of the three IMO....

Zibanejad may be getting a tad overated lately...

I remember when Cogliano broke in I thought he would be Modano, but now he is looking more like Marchant or some other speedster with limited offense

MPS seemed a lot like a Naslund type, but with the same fears I have with Cogs, I hope MPS can translate those talents....

All in all, I think all three have a chance to be Top 6 forwards in the NHL..
If Paajarvi is a disapointment, Cogliano won't be the player he's compared to.

Cogliano is a goal scorer that can't score goals at the NHL level. Paajarvi is a playmaker. Right now he's pretty raw but showing flashes of brilliance. He's bee the Oilers best player the last two games but has come away pointless which is too bad because he deserved at least a couple. As he gets older those chances will start turning into goals.

Here's one of those flashes from last week. MPS freezes everyone(including Mason) and then threads the needle to Gagner.
http://video.oilers.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20102011,2,964&event=EDM97&fr=false

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
Would agree with that. In the second and third him, just like the team in general, got nowhere.

The coach gave him, just like the last game, time during the last shift when they were going for the equalizer, which is a great sign of trust. He should get tons of ice time and opportunities throughout the playoffs and next season.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
Game ended. 1-2 loss for Djurgårdens. Zibanejad had awesome first period. Second and third period were a bit disappointing. He failed in Luleås game tying goal. He had his up and downs. Hopefully I can see more Djurgårdens playoff games.

It's Djurgården ;)
The S at the end marks a possessive and is only used when writing the name with the IF at the end.

It's basically the same as in English, except we don't use apostrophes to mark possessives.

Just to let you know. ;)

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
Could someone please post his strengths and weakness' this would be much appreciated!

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
Could someone please post his strengths and weakness' this would be much appreciated!

Strengths:
Defense
Hockey Sense
Gritty
Shot

Weakness:
A bit of a boom or bust with his offensive potential (High offesnive ceiling, might not make it there though which wouldn't be bad IMO)
Hard to pronounce name

That's about it.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Strengths:
Defense
Hockey Sense
Gritty
Shot

Weakness:
A bit of a boom or bust with his offensive potential (High offesnive ceiling, might not make it there though which wouldn't be bad IMO)
Hard to pronounce name

That's about it.

Draft Larsson, Zibanejad and Brodin.

Paajarvi-Zibanejad-Omark
Lander

Larsson-Brodin

All of a sudden Edmonton has quite a few swedish studs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad