C Mika Zibanejad (2011, 6th overall, Ottawa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fregus

Modo Hockey
Dec 12, 2009
I seriuosly think that this kid deserves his own thread!

Will he be drafted this year or next year? How eraly do you think that he may get picked?

I mean, this guy freaking awesome.

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
I missed his last game, but my friend was gushing over how dominant he was and he's a Modo fan.

I'd say he's the best draft eligible prospect playing in sweden after Adam Larsson.

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden
I'd say he's the best draft eligible prospect playing in sweden after Adam Larsson.

Without any doubt what so ever. He is for real and a legit super prospect. The stuff he's been showing off lately is just awsome. Just remains to se if he can keep this up, but i think he will. His style of play makes it easier for him to be noticed. He's not only flashy, but has some grit as well. A day when he doesnt get along with the puck he can just skate as hell hitting people.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Without any doubt what so ever. He is for real and a legit super prospect. The stuff he's been showing off lately is just awsome. Just remains to se if he can keep this up, but i think he will. His style of play makes it easier for him to be noticed. He's not only flashy, but has some grit as well. A day when he doesnt get along with the puck he can just skate as hell hitting people.

Does Zibanejad actually possess a dynamic skillset? I've always heard how intelligent he is and how he cna play both ends of the ice very well, but is elite Offensive potential there? I'd be curious to know.

Zibanejad seems to be following a similar seasonal progression to Jarnkrok last year, who still ultimately fell to the late 2nd.

Him and Brodin definitely seem like wildcards to me.

PuckOut

Feb 23, 2009
www.youtube.com
Does Zibanejad actually possess a dynamic skillset? I've always heard how intelligent he is and how he cna play both ends of the ice very well, but is elite Offensive potential there? I'd be curious to know.

Zibanejad seems to be following a similar seasonal progression to Jarnkrok last year, who still ultimately fell to the late 2nd.

Him and Brodin definitely seem like wildcards to me.

Similar seasonal progression is not quite fair since Zibanejad is a year younger than Järnkrok was.
Zibanejad is also taller and much larger. And size was obviously a point of doubt when it came to Järnkrok.

Pitlick*

So, I figure for the Sens to be able to draft Zibanejad, they would probably need Nashville to miss the playoffs and pick 13-15?

Ladra

Jan 29, 2011

I loved the game when he made an open ice hit on the Dman, took the puck and scored. He is so young, and is in no way afraid of the older players. I havn't seen any superstar potential in him, but I think he could be a realy realy solid player for years to come.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Ahead of rask. 3rd best prospect from europe with jaskin behing Larsson and armia tho.

The Saw Is the Law

Jul 31, 2010
Shiiiit. Awesome hit. I like this kid.

Second round I guess... Hard to predict because that group is so deep.

Stats 2010-11:

League, GP, G+A, P, PIM
J18 Elit 2 3+2 5 2
SuperElit 26 11+9 20 12
Elitserien 22 3+3 6 2

Last edited:

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
If he stays with the senior team, which he will, and does something remotely close to good in the playoffs, he will rise even more.

With all the raving about him here, maybe not the elite playmaking talent of Jarnkrok or the great shot of someone like Silfverberg (to compare him to other Swedes) but as an all-round player there's been no better forward since Backstrom.

Hard to find comparables in my mind. His assistant coach said he resembles another big, right-handed center that used to play for Djurgarden (and Toronto, guess who?), but that's not really fair. Big, physical, quite speeedy.

Anyway, really excited about Zibanejad and the team drafting him will do very well. Very ambitious and seems very humble according to people. Another thing worth noticing is that at 17 and with not a lot of SEL experience, he'd still stand up at the bench, pushing his teammates verbally. That's something.

STHLM*

Ahead of rask. 3rd best prospect from europe with jaskin behing Larsson and armia tho.

I thought Landeskog is Euro too...:help:

I love Zibanejad. He's the 3rd best European behind Larsson and Landeskog. I think he will be picked ahead of Armia and Rask.:)

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
He should be a first rounder. But so should Järnkrok last year, or at least a lot of swedish hockey fans thought so.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

We should make a sub forum for prospect devotion threads :laugh:

This kid crept up... He's kinda replaced Rask as the #3 Swede being hyped behind Landeskog and Larsson.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I love Zibanejad. He's the 3rd best European behind Larsson and Landeskog. I think he will be picked ahead of Armia and Rask.:)

From Europe≠European

He's going for International vs Domestic and Landeskog is considered Domestic because he's in a Domestic league.

LolungoReboundo

LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs
Jan 28, 2011
Brampton
I hope he falls to one of the leafs picks he looks stellar and if he can become even half as good as sundin (as one poster above said he plays like another sweidsh center who played for djurgarden and tml) with a late pick that would be awesome:handclap:

thomast

Oct 23, 2009

From europe. Landeskog is playing in NA and is listed as NA skater. Zibanejad is nowhere near Armia. Zibanejad has potential to be picked 15th MAX. i see him get picked around 20-25 at the moment. armia has potential to be picked in top 10.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
He'll continue to rise.

Started the year in junior and since just before Christmas has solidified himself as a 14-15 minute player in the SEL...took 17 minutes in that game yesterday, apparently his best one yet.

Analyzer*

The more I learn about him, the more I hope the habs draft him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad