C Joseph Veleno - Saint John Sea Dogs, QMJHL (2018, 30th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey RUS

May 7, 2013
Look for JV to be surclassed next year. That seems to be the general consensus. There is no point in him spending another season in Bantam AA.

scout97

Jul 17, 2012
Watched charlebois, veleno, and parent and play this year. Charlebois looks like he could be the best defenceman from quebec since kris lettang should be a top 5 pick in the 2017 draft. Veleno is the best 2000 born player in canada right now, i think he will be in the top 3 and definitly have at shot at going #1 in the 2018 draft. Very skilled player who handles the puck with ease at top speed, plays similar to mcdavid and may be considered for exceptional status next year. Now xavier parent right now in my eyes is the for sure #1 prospect for the 2019 draft. The kid is insane averaging over 4 ppg. His skating and hockey sense is unbelivable for his age. IMO he is on the same level as crosby at the same age and ive seen both play when they were 12. Only difference is crosby was abit stronger and had more mass to him. Obviously alot can and will change in the next 5 years but these quebec kids look like future NHL superstars right now.

Last edited:

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
I think Veleno could push for EPS. I think he could of played Midget AAA this year.

If you had to make a projection based on what you've seen of him with his growth potential, do you think he'll dominate the midget ranks to the point where a EPS might be warranted for the following season?

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
2 '00 born stars east of Ontario already in Veleno & Jared McIsaac. 1 was granted exceptional status for midget and the other turned down. Should be interesting to see which route worked better.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
If you had to make a projection based on what you've seen of him with his growth potential, do you think he'll dominate the midget ranks to the point where a EPS might be warranted for the following season?

Possibly, it will be hard though, I think physically he has to get there, the skill is there.

I'm not surprised about him being top 5 in scoring as a first year. Now the question is, is he strong enough ?

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
9 pts in 6 games to start off the season as an underage in midget. This kid is legit. I'm guessing we'll be hearing his name quite a lot once he enters junior in a couple of years.

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011
2 '00 born stars east of Ontario already in Veleno & Jared McIsaac. 1 was granted exceptional status for midget and the other turned down. Should be interesting to see which route worked better.

I know you already know this but MacIssac was granted exceptional status - just keeping this thread accurate.

He looked like he belonged in the league to me when i have have seen him. He is as good as the top 99 D in terms of his IQ, maybe better actually. He was hammered by a 97 and just got up and kept on going. I love his decision making ability with the puck, its pretty mature.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I know you already know this but MacIssac was granted exceptional status - just keeping this thread accurate.

He looked like he belonged in the league to me when i have have seen him. He is as good as the top 99 D in terms of his IQ, maybe better actually. He was hammered by a 97 and just got up and kept on going. I love his decision making ability with the puck, its pretty mature.

Totally agree. Wasn't expecting it when I saw him but he was definitely deserving of the exceptional midget status.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
12th in scoring in the Quebec Midget AAA League, pretty solid. He's playing against '97s, '98s and '99s. 2 '99s ahead of him in scoring, the rest were '97s and '98s.

That's really good against kids who are 3 years older than him, looking like a future star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad