C Joseph Veleno - Saint John Sea Dogs, QMJHL (2018, 30th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanley cucup

Apr 5, 2012
Scoutman, don't forget to go watch players Bantam AA(espoirs Lac-st-Jean) Jeremy Fortin(1999) and Midget Espoirs(Jonquiere) Jean-Simon Bélanger(1998). I think they'll be something special.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
XP is the kid in 2001 that is supposed to be something else.

The 2000 birth year is one of the best LSL has ever seen.

There's 2 more 2000's on Joey's team that could be something else.

Gab Fortier and J.S.

hab 4ever

Mar 9, 2002
Montréal, Québec
Visit site
Charlebois in 1999
Veleno in 2000
XP in 2001 (lol how filthy when second best in the entire leagye has 2.00 points per game : XP Conquérants des Bass.-Laurent. 6games 17g 10a 27pts 4.500 pts/game). He is being coached by former NHLer Patrick Poulin whose second son also plays on the team and is amongst the top PW players in Qc too.

It is VERY early but seems Hockey Québec is finally starting to produce truly ELITE talents. Basically those are three guys who could arguably be considered best in Canada amongst their respective age group at this point. Will be fascinating to follow if those develop accordingly in the new AAA system moving forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: MasterMatt25

prospects follower7

Oct 30, 2013
xp completely dominated atom BB 3 years ago while being a year younger than most players. The following year, he played pw aa for the conquérant even though he was old enough to play atom. He finished second best scorer on his team and top five in the league. During the Dodge cup (provincials), he was their best scorer. He did all this while being 2 years younger than most players. Last year should have been his first year as a pee wee. He finished as the league scoring leader by a wide margin (unfortunately the stats are not available anymore). Below, the first link consists of his highlights for the 2010-11 season as an atom player and the second link is for the 2011-12 season as an atom aged pee wee player. The final link is related to Mathieu Charlebois highlights for the 2011-12 season as a pee wee. He played on the same team as XP during that year.

http://youtu.be/KIaHTfgpoxg (His best plays are after the 5:00 mark. Take note of his backhand top shelf shot at 6:20 and 9:05)

http://youtu.be/LRs48wA0uEU

http://youtu.be/SPXMEAksk9g

lawrence

May 19, 2012
A potential NHL player, not a potential NHL all star, or a potential phenom, it is not surprising to see a 13 year old dominate against players a year older. Your over exaggerating.

In other words, there is probably 500 registered players in Canada, that will dominate against players one year older then them.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
A potential NHL player, not a potential NHL all star, or a potential phenom, it is not surprising to see a 13 year old dominate against players a year older. Your over exaggerating.

In other words, there is probably 500 registered players in Canada, that will dominate against players one year older then them.

Where are these 500 players because it sounds like you're over exaggerating

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Early but great to see Quebec's program catching up to say (Ontario, BC) when it comes to producing elite offensive talents.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Normally I'd agree that it's early.

I saw Joey in peewee, let me be the first to say he could of played midget AA hockey and made an impact, he's not just big. I'd argue that Joey could of played Midget AAA at 12.

It's not only that he's bigger, he's better.

qc2nf

Jan 7, 2013
Normally I'd agree that it's early.

I saw Joey in peewee, let me be the first to say he could of played midget AA hockey and made an impact, he's not just big. I'd argue that Joey could of played Midget AAA at 12.

It's not only that he's bigger, he's better.

I saw him play last Sunday before an espoir game, he is very skilled, strong compete game and will be fun to follow as he progresses this year, midget and junior. He could be a very special player. As for playing in midget AAA as a 12 year old I am going to assume you are joking.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I saw him play last Sunday before an espoir game, he is very skilled, strong compete game and will be fun to follow as he progresses this year, midget and junior. He could be a very special player. As for playing in midget AAA as a 12 year old I am going to assume you are joking.

It's crazy, but no I'm not.

I watched him in midget AAA practices last year, he kept up.

Saw him again this year, he belongs.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
It's crazy, but no I'm not.

I watched him in midget AAA practices last year, he kept up.

Saw him again this year, he belongs.

Maybe on skill alone, but he'd get crushed psychically.

Also could you provide more insight on what type of player he is, and how he plays since you've seen him so much?

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com

500 players? maybe 500 if your count Bantam B and C, and Peewee B C and all other bellow leagues but when your playing in the top league in bantam and midget and dominate older guys that does not happen a lot in canada and when it does the guy is considered an amazing up and coming player for his age so even though your 500 is a BIG stretch of the truth, i watch over 100 hockey games a year and work in the business and when a kid younger than the other kids in the top league in that province dominates then that player usually takes a center stage position because AGAIN it does not happen often unless the young player is that good........now some players stop developing and stuff in their career but you have to assume he will turn out unless.

LSL Parent

Nov 2, 2013
Easy guys... we played against his team today .. I would say he is an explosive skater with good hands .. but not the best player on the ice. He is definitely the best 1st year player by far ... but to say dominate the league would be a great overstatement.

Which brings me to this ... anyone who scouts hockey can easily look at stats and say anything they want .. however if you look at the Lions schedule they have played soft teams so far .. thus they have 3 players with inflated stats. They have played 2 teams which would be considered top tier teams and lost both games [5-3] and [3-1]. In those game the stats are more indicative of reality.

Again I would say ... Dominant 1st year ?? YES !! Dominant in the league ? NO. However, in another 4 to 5 months u never know.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Easy guys... we played against his team today .. I would say he is an explosive skater with good hands .. but not the best player on the ice. He is definitely the best 1st year player by far ... but to say dominate the league would be a great overstatement.

Which brings me to this ... anyone who scouts hockey can easily look at stats and say anything they want .. however if you look at the Lions schedule they have played soft teams so far .. thus they have 3 players with inflated stats. They have played 2 teams which would be considered top tier teams and lost both games [5-3] and [3-1]. In those game the stats are more indicative of reality.

Again I would say ... Dominant 1st year ?? YES !! Dominant in the league ? NO. However, in another 4 to 5 months u never know.

So you're parent of a kid on the Preds.

Are you that he didn't end up on your team or are you just being a realist ? Because everyone here is raving about him, and you're playing him down. The midget AAA lions have been raving about him too, they bring him out to practice, along with one of the kids from your team too btw. In fact last year the tigers also had him out at practice.

I think physically he would of struggled in Espoir, definitely in AAA, Bantam AA was the right place for him last year, I believe that he can play Midget AAA now.

Shello, he's all around great. Great shot, great hands, great vision, he's strong, he's smart, he's creative, he's a great skater.

He looks special out there. Simple as that.

Last edited:

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
So you're parent of a kid on the Preds.

Upset that he didn't end up on your team ?

I think physically he would of struggled in Espoir, definitely in AAA, Bantam AA was the right place for him last year, I believe that he can play Midget AAA now.

Shello, he's all around great. Great shot, great hands, great vision, he's strong, he's smart, he's creative, he's a great skater.

He looks special out there. Simple as that.

I think we all know exactly who LSLParent is :laugh:

LSL Parent

Nov 2, 2013
Actually no .. my humble opinion originates from la rive sud....no offense to anyone but its a big league that goes beyond lakeshore .. good luck to your team.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Actually no .. my humble opinion originates from la rive sud....no offense to anyone but its a big league that goes beyond lakeshore .. good luck to your team.

you're still using the patented " .. " repeatedly in your posts :laugh:

So you moved huh? Should be fun to have you back!

LSL Parent

Nov 2, 2013
My punctuation ... is patented ??

I think you've taken my original post the wrong way, I agree the player in question has some flash and skill to his game. What I didn't agree with was the opinion that he dominates the league.

Perhaps by the end of the year my opinion will be proven wrong.

Good to you and your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad