C Joseph Veleno - Saint John Sea Dogs, QMJHL (2018, 30th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Joseph Veleno—F—Lions Du LSL 0’00/000 03 04 06 10

I went to watch this kid because i heard he was amazing and I came away super impressed and actually shocked a bit....this kid is in his 1st year bantam and is dominating the league like it is his play ground, to me he is the next big prospect coming up...

he just thinks the game 3 steps ahead of everyone, he has great skating now, amazing playmaking and passing, controls the play like a pro, he has a great release now with pin point accuracy, he went end to end when ever he wanted to but he is so explosive to watch on the ice, this kid is just amazing.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I saw him last year at 12 okay, in peewee AA.

This kid had no business there. He should of played Bantam AA, and when he was called up for bantam BB he was their best player.

At espoir practices at 12 years old their coach was saying that he could of olayed it as he was better then 4 of their players.

Even at midget AAA practices at 12 he was keeping up.

This year, I've seen him at midget AAA practices, he looks good out there, he will be surclassed next year.

Reactions: Sam Steel

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Saw him play last year aswell.. So dominant. My brothers team was playing against him at the time and he was absolutely lights out. I tried looking him up at the time but found nothing.

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
Very good to hear. I can't wait to hear more about Joseph Veleno. Is he better than the other big 2000 born Matthais Emilio-Pettersson? Also just throwing this out there but how does he compare to Sidney Crosby or Connor Mcdavid at the same age?

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Very good to hear. I can't wait to hear more about Joseph Veleno. Is he better than the other big 2000 born Matthais Emilio-Pettersson? Also just throwing this out there but how does he compare to Sidney Crosby or Connor Mcdavid at the same age?

I know a lot of people and coaches even from the Pee Wee tournament think Veleno is the best in the world.....personally I have not seen Petterson play yet just the videos but until he proves himself against tougher competition ill be a skeptic he could be the real deal or just a kid dominating a weak league....Veleno is dominating a strong league and has been dominating tournaments with high profile players in it. Veleno is not Crosby....as for McDavid time will tell on that, still early in the year, we will see.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
It'll be interesting to see if the kid lives up to the hype through age 15 to see if QMJHL gives the kid exceptional status.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
If I'm not mistaken you also saw Mackinnon at the same age when you first posted about him for the very first time. What are your comparisons to Nate Mac?!

Last edited:

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
If I'm not mistaken you also saw Mackinnon at the same age when you first posted about him for the very first time. What are your comparisons to Nate Mac?!

I personally see him on the level of Mackinnon......at the same age Mackinnon was a better skater (not that anything wrong with Veleno but Mackinnon is a rare skater for explosive speed) Veleno is a fast skater, Veleno is a better puck handler than Mackinnon was when at full speed, vision and passing IMO about the same and shooting about the same, Veleno at this moment is not the two way player Mackinnon was nor as gritty but his hockey sense is a bit better.

Last edited:

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
funny thing is I never typed in Y2K i typed the number 2000 some how it got changed

Coulda been a mod.

I simply posted Adam Dawes name in a thread and someone made it into it's own thread, posted a picture, and created their own title. It threw me off big time when I first saw it because I couldn't figure out when the hell I did all that :laugh: turns out I didn't

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
We're now talking about players that where born in the same year I graduated high school, yeah I feel old. That said it'll be interesting to see how he develops and if he lives up to the hype.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
We're now talking about players that where born in the same year I graduated high school, yeah I feel old. That said it'll be interesting to see how he develops and if he lives up to the hype.

I laughed and then I realized the kids born in my HS graduating year are getting started in hockey now...

hab 4ever

Mar 9, 2002
Montréal, Québec
Visit site
Joseph Veleno—F—Lions Du LSL 0’00/000 03 04 06 10

I went to watch this kid because i heard he was amazing and I came away super impressed and actually shocked a bit....this kid is in his 1st year bantam and is dominating the league like it is his play ground, to me he is the next big prospect coming up...

he just thinks the game 3 steps ahead of everyone, he has great skating now, amazing playmaking and passing, controls the play like a pro, he has a great release now with pin point accuracy, he went end to end when ever he wanted to but he is so explosive to watch on the ice, this kid is just amazing.

Not to get too far ahead but there is a 2001 with Conquérants PW AAA right now who is just killing it. He is a 4 points/game player right now in a league where nobody else is above 2,00 points/game. Should definitely be playing Bantam AA like Veleno should have last year.

Wonder why Hockey Québec is so conservative with surclassing very top prospects. Veleno should have played Bantam last year, that Conquérants player should be in Bantam this year and how the hell is Mathieu Charlebois not playing Midget AAA as we speak? Perhaps the best 1999 D in the world right now and already 6'2" 190 pounds...

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Not to get too far ahead but there is a 2001 with Conquérants PW AAA right now who is just killing it. He is a 4 points/game player right now in a league where nobody else is above 2,00 points/game. Should definitely be playing Bantam AA like Veleno should have last year.

Wonder why Hockey Québec is so conservative with surclassing very top prospects. Veleno should have played Bantam last year, that Conquérants player should be in Bantam this year and how the hell is Mathieu Charlebois not playing Midget AAA as we speak? Perhaps the best 1999 D in the world right now and already 6'2" 190 pounds...

scares me though when i look back at the players hockey quebec rushed and none really turned out...Philippe Venne, Romy Elayoubie, Guillaume Latendresse, Jean-Philippe Paquet, Phillipe Forcier, Felix Lauzon, Nicolas Petry-Gingras....the later two guys are still onlly 15 so a lot can still happen with them but more was expected of them so far. Charlebois imo should have been in midget this year though, he is way beyond bantam.

hab 4ever

Mar 9, 2002
Montréal, Québec
Visit site
scares me though when i look back at the players hockey quebec rushed and none really turned out...Philippe Venne, Romy Elayoubie, Guillaume Latendresse, Jean-Philippe Paquet, Phillipe Forcier, Felix Lauzon, Nicolas Petry-Gingras....the later two guys are still onlly 15 so a lot can still happen with them but more was expected of them so far. Charlebois imo should have been in midget this year though, he is way beyond bantam.

Lol yeah. seen that way, might as well not rush them. Justin Guénette was also rushed to Midget at 14...

At least, it looks like J. Roy and probably N. Roy too will be escaping that curse.

Agreed on Charlebois though.

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA

Could you tell us who this 2001 born player is and at 4 pts a game in pee wee AAA at age 12 is sick. Have any of you guys ever seen a player dominate like that at such a young age. I know when Crosby was 12 he had 200+ pts in 70 games in pee wee.

hab 4ever

Mar 9, 2002
Montréal, Québec
Visit site
Could you tell us who this 2001 born player is and at 4 pts a game in pee wee AAA at age 12 is sick. Have any of you guys ever seen a player dominate like that at such a young age. I know when Crosby was 12 he had 200+ pts in 70 games in pee wee.

Only half of the Conquérants' game are accounted in their player's individual stats but he is right around 4,00 point/game at the ten game mark. The five game for which we have Conquérants players stats only account for half of the goals they scored in 9 games. http://www.lheq.ca/fr/stats/2013-20...-wee-aaa-ouest/page/classement-joueurs/5:3896

Not sure why the league's Website has individual stats for every team's full slate of games but some in which Conquérants played.

http://www.lheq.ca/fr/stats/2013-20...e/pee-wee-aaa-ouest/page/horaire/5:jouee:3896

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Only half of the Conquérants' game are accounted in their player's individual stats but he is right around 4,00 point/game at the ten game mark. The five game for which we have Conquérants players stats only account for half of the goals they scored in 9 games. http://www.lheq.ca/fr/stats/2013-20...-wee-aaa-ouest/page/classement-joueurs/5:3896

Not sure why the league's Website has individual stats for every team's full slate of games but some in which Conquérants played.

http://www.lheq.ca/fr/stats/2013-20...e/pee-wee-aaa-ouest/page/horaire/5:jouee:3896

I usually do not take in Pee Wee games but ill make an exception on this time....I will be in Quebec soon to watch midget games, in that time ill be taking in more bantam and I will see if his team is playing in a pee wee game which i will go to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad