C Dylan Cozens - Lethbridge Hurricanes, WHL (2019, 7th, BUF)

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yeah, i think Zibanejad is actually a pretty good comparison for Cozens. I originally thought kind of a less pesty Kesler type, but Zibanejad is probably better.

Dont see the same motor, at his Draft year Zibanejad was way more physical and a much better skater.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I think Larkin is my favorite comparison for Cozens. Both guys who thrive off of their athleticism and possess good, but not great hands and weren't/aren't expected to be high end offensive talents, but instead dominant two-way guys who let their linemates do the heavy skill work.

My impression is that people are creating comparisons based almost entirely on how they think Cozens will pan out. E.g. they think Cozens will be a disappointment and don't like Zibanejad much, so they compare them. When did prospect evaluation get so personal? Like what has Cozens done to these posters? wtf

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think Larkin is my favorite comparison for Cozens. Both guys who thrive off of their athleticism and possess good, but not great hands and weren't/aren't expected to be high end offensive talents, but instead dominant two-way guys who let their linemates do the heavy skill work.

My impression is that people are creating comparisons based almost entirely on how they think Cozens will pan out. E.g. they think Cozens will be a disappointment and don't like Zibanejad much, so they compare them. When did prospect evaluation get so personal? Like what has Cozens done to these posters? wtf

I'm a Rangers fan and definitely do like Zibanejad's game. He was our best player last season.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
The illogical, unfounded, mob-mentality fuelled hate for this kid is a big, sad, joke. He is everything you want from a hockey player and has as good or greater a chance to lead a team in the future than all but a minute handful from this draft class.

Get a grip, people. It’s just mind boggling to see how Cozens and Podkolzin are universally falling throughout the rankings of random internet users on here despite no one having played any hockey in months.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
The illogical, unfounded, mob-mentality fuelled hate for this kid is a big, sad, joke. He is everything you want from a hockey player and has as good or greater a chance to lead a team in the future than all but a minute handful from this draft class.

Get a grip, people. It’s just mind boggling to see how Cozens and Podkolzin are universally falling throughout the rankings of random internet users on here despite no one having played any hockey in months.
Last year Veleno had questionable IQ and couldn't shoot the puck, this year Cozens can't process the game, he moves the puck and then has no idea what to do with it, you need over exaggeration to justify dropping those type of players.

Last edited:

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Last year Veleno had questionable IQ and couldn't shoot the puck, this year Cozens can't process the game, he moves the puck and then has no idea what to do with it, you need over exaggeration to justify dropping those type of players.

I know Veleno's offensive upside was questioned but can't ever remember his hockey IQ being questioned.

Reactions: lilidk

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I know Veleno's offensive upside was questioned but can't ever remember his hockey IQ being questioned.

Seconded this. The questions about Veleno largely surrounded whether he could finish at a high enough level and whether he could drive a top 6 line in the NHL.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Seconded this. The questions about Veleno largely surrounded whether he could finish at a high enough level and whether he could drive a top 6 line in the NHL.

Mark Edwards said:
I know Veleno is a popular player (I hear he is a great kid too) but I can tell you that at least 80% of the NHL scouts I spoke to about Veleno had him as a 2nd rounder and thought exactly what I did (Jerome too) about him. He works hard but is not a pure goal scorer. Scouts also questioned his hockey sense. Now a lot of those scouts are Ontario based, but I know several Quebec based scouts who were not overly big fans of him either. I also know one Quebec scout who loves him and thinks he's going top 10. That's what makes scouting great.

I don't hate the player, I just don't personally see him as first rounder this year. I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again. I've also been correct a few times too though.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Cozens is a guy I can see dropping because he doesn’t have one elite skill (except skating). It’s funny because he’s the type of player that coaches crave; a big body who puts in the effort and contributes in every zone.

Reactions: deflowd

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
My bold prediction: his Lethbridge teammate Calen Addison becomes a better NHL player than Cozens.

That's bold. I can't see that at all. Addison doesn't have the heart or physical tools that Cozens has. They're different positions, but having watched both of their early careers, I can easily say, barring any kind of terrible injury, Cozens will be the better player between those two. Easily.

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018

Dach and cozens are getting so much negativity while the us ntdp guys are getting too much hype

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

Are you saying that ending up as Zib is a bad thing? Not sure but Zibanejad just put up 74 points. Cozens’ playstyle is very similar to Zibanejad’s. I dont see much of Larkin in Cozens

Reactions: timothy jimothy

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017

Not being high on a prospect doesn't mean we're hating on him or trying to push an agenda. It's just our opinion.

And it's not like we're being unrealistic. Every year players taken in the top-10 bust. It would be more illogical if we were high on every single one of them.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014

Larkin and Cozens... Oh my god, have you ever seen either player actually play hockey outside of a 3 min highlight video?

Has anyone in this thread?

No wonder I rarely pay any attention to these forums anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00