C Curtis Lazar (2013, 17th overall, Ottawa)

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010
I clearly answered your questions if you go and read. You replied to the post.

So you are argueing with three people who were at the tournament, while all you did was sit at home and read a couple articles online and read the stats sheets. Typical HF board member. :help:

17Kurri

Apr 10, 2010
Lazar is amazing, but it's hard to argue with MacKinnon as the top '95 born player. The next two years are gonna be interesting in their development and I wouldn't be surprised if someone we're not even talking about right now jumps into or takes over the conversation as the top '95 born player.

I, for one, wouldn't be surprised to see a Euro player sneak into the conversation as the draft date closes in.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I clearly answered your questions if you go and read. You replied to the post.

ya im not putting a damper on you liking Lazar I love the kid as well he is awsome...but the argument was Lazar was better than Mackinnon at the CWG and though he was amazing for his team so was Reinhart and Petan both equally as good as any of the most skilled players in the tournament but Mackinnon was a step ahead of Lazar and the people who were there saw it and are saying that lazar wasn;t the best Mackinnon was, if I sat home and looked at points then I would say OMG Lazar is twice as good as Mackinnon, but Reinhart and Petan helped Lazar put up those points too, Mackinnons points were ALL HIM no one else helped him im just letting you know when two great players help you put up points and another one puts up amazing points by himself it is hard to finish 1st in scoring eh.

hockeywhiz

Aug 21, 2008
I guess we should start talking about, who is the next Curtis Lazar? Matthew Barzal? Ocean Wiesblatt? Orca Wiesblatt?

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
So you are argueing with three people who were at the tournament, while all you did was sit at home and read a couple articles online and read the stats sheets. Typical HF board member. :help:

Again I have to ask do you need glasses? I said I watched the games online and tv. So I asume you think people cannot form an opinion because they watch online or on tv? I am not the only board member who watched the games online that thought Lazar was better. You make it sound like your opinion is the only one that matters. Typical HF board member.:help: Also how many games did you watch Lazar in to form your opinion?

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
ya im not putting a damper on you liking Lazar I love the kid as well he is awsome...but the argument was Lazar was better than Mackinnon at the CWG and though he was amazing for his team so was Reinhart and Petan both equally as good as any of the most skilled players in the tournament but Mackinnon was a step ahead of Lazar and the people who were there saw it and are saying that lazar wasn;t the best Mackinnon was, if I sat home and looked at points then I would say OMG Lazar is twice as good as Mackinnon, but Reinhart and Petan helped Lazar put up those points too, Mackinnons points were ALL HIM no one else helped him im just letting you know when two great players help you put up points and another one puts up amazing points by himself it is hard to finish 1st in scoring eh.

Again scoutman1 I hold your opinion very high. Its just that when I watched Lazar he was also making things happen all by himself. And if I remeber correctly he was only playing with Reinhart on the pp in the gold medal game. I admit I was not there but I did watch the games. It seems like you think I am trying to put down Mackinnon I am not at all. IMOP Lazar was the mvp and the main reason BC won. Other posters agree with this aswell. It is different opinons thats all. . Anyways sorry if I ruffled your feathers. Cheers.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
this thread is typical hfboards needless arguing. get back to the discussion about the players not who is more butt hurt over comments someone made.

so the consensus seems to be that mackinnon is a step ahead of lazar who was great in his own right just did not have the best supporting cast. did crosby tend to have the same issues in the same tournys? Lazar is listed at 5'10 does he have a lot of room to grow?

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
this thread is typical hfboards needless arguing. get back to the discussion about the players not who is more butt hurt over comments someone made.

exactly...I can't believe how many potentially interesting threads turn into a pissing match and become pointless to even read through.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Again scoutman1 I hold your opinion very high. Its just that when I watched Lazar he was also making things happen all by himself. And if I remeber correctly he was only playing with Reinhart on the pp in the gold medal game. I admit I was not there but I did watch the games. It seems like you think I am trying to put down Mackinnon I am not at all. IMOP Lazar was the mvp and the main reason BC won. Other posters agree with this aswell. It is different opinons thats all. . Anyways sorry if I ruffled your feathers. Cheers.

no did not ruffle my feathers...your opinion is your opinion...Lazar is amazing I will say that and Edmonton is going to have a great player on their hands...no putting Lazar down, I spoke to him a few times during the tournament and the kid is amazing to deal with off the ice as he is on it

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com

so the consensus seems to be that mackinnon is a step ahead of lazar who was great in his own right just did not have the best supporting cast. did crosby tend to have the same issues in the same tournys? Lazar is listed at 5'10 does he have a lot of room to grow?

I was at the crosby canada games too in Campbelton New Brusnwick and Bathurst...Sidney had less of a supporting cast than Mackinnon did actually with Kenzi Sheppard being him best line mate to play with. Ya I would say Lazar has room to get to about 6'00 he looked a bit bigger than 5'10 at the tournament...I am 5'11 and he was my height, I think he will reach 6'00...for people wondering if he could be like Brule, I saw Brule at the CWG as an underager and the U17s the next year in Newfoundland and Lazar is WAY above Brule in talent, I never liked Brule against good teams he only showed up against weaker ones.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What about his weight? From your list I think he was around 150-165. Prime he's going to be around 180-190, correct? Sounds a lot like Sakic's height and weight.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
all in all im gonna be going to a lot of oil kings games next year. St.Croix + Wruck post draft will be a ton of points. Reinhart is gonna dominate guys on the backend and Lazar's 16yo season?:yo: gonna be a lot better than the previous years...

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
Best 95 is patrick coys.

that would be Patrik Koyš, not Coys.

And although he was born in 95, he isn't draft eligible until 2014. And based on what some Slovak posters have been saying lately, he may have dropped off a bit and there are other '95 Slovaks who at the moment may have passed him, let alone players from other countries. So I don`t think it is safe to say that Koyš is the best `95 in the world right now.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
I was at the crosby canada games too in Campbelton New Brusnwick and Bathurst...Sidney had less of a supporting cast than Mackinnon did actually with Kenzi Sheppard being him best line mate to play with. Ya I would say Lazar has room to get to about 6'00 he looked a bit bigger than 5'10 at the tournament...I am 5'11 and he was my height, I think he will reach 6'00...for people wondering if he could be like Brule, I saw Brule at the CWG as an underager and the U17s the next year in Newfoundland and Lazar is WAY above Brule in talent, I never liked Brule against good teams he only showed up against weaker ones.

Lazar broke all scoring and points records for the CWG's......and some pretty good players have played in them so far!!

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Curtis Lazar profile and some interview questions

I got a chance to ask 1995 DOB prospect Curtis Lazar a few questions about Canada games, his future in the whl, and hockey in general. Seems like a very nice, down to earth kid to me. Check it out and let me know what you think!

http://1inthestands.wordpress.com/2011/03/15/athlete-profile-curtis-lazar/

Feel free to check out any other player profiles or any other articles on there too!

arsmaster*

sure makes you feel old when you look at that kids face.

Nice interview.

Overtime Again

Mar 3, 2011
What a great tournament he had at the Canada Games. Strong skater with a hard accurate shot combined with a physical edge to his game. The number two overall pick in the WHL last year has vaulted himself to be at this point the leagues top prospect.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
this guy is amazing...beside Nathan Mackinnon this guy might be my favorite player for the draft...he is something special for sure.

great skater, exellent puck handling especially in tight quarters, seems like he always does everything right, awsome moving without the puck, amazing shooter and sniper ability actually a better sniper than Nathan Mackinnon, he is a very good playmaker and passer, he goes to the net, strong, very physical he is a punishing hitter, great in the defensive end too, amazing character...and to go on all that he is one of the nicest people off the ice and so down to earth he is going to be something to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad