C Curtis Lazar (2013, 17th overall, Ottawa)

prongertheman9

May 30, 2010
this guy is amazing...beside Nathan Mackinnon this guy might be my favorite player for the draft...he is something special for sure.

great skater, exellent puck handling especially in tight quarters, seems like he always does everything right, awsome moving without the puck, amazing shooter and sniper ability actually a better sniper than Nathan Mackinnon, he is a very good playmaker and passer, he goes to the net, strong, very physical he is a punishing hitter, great in the defensive end too, amazing character...and to go on all that he is one of the nicest people off the ice and so down to earth he is going to be something to watch.

Nathan Mackinnon, Nathan Mackinnon, Nathan Mackinnon....

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
I'm pretty sure scoutman isnt the only person who has mackinnon #1 for 2013 right now, im only young but mackinnon is the best 15 year old i have ever seen in my life

prongertheman9

May 30, 2010
and on these boards mostly

RNH, RNH, RNH, RNH eh guess when your a good prospect like Mackinnon, Lazar, etc etc your name keeps getting brought up....grow up.

I don't disagree that Mackinnon is the best '95 in the world and I will admit that I am an RNH advocate but I minimize my RNH posts to RNH threads. If you want to pump Mackinnon's tires there is plenty of threads to do so in but this is a Lazar thead and ONLY a Lazar thread so can we keep it that way....

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I don't disagree that Mackinnon is the best '95 in the world and I will admit that I am an RNH advocate but I minimize my RNH posts to RNH threads. If you want to pump Mackinnon's tires there is plenty of threads to do so in but this is a Lazar thead and ONLY a Lazar thread so can we keep it that way....

actually I was not pumping any tires I was praising Lazar, was making refrence when i said BESIDE Mackinnon, Lazar is my FAV...then did not bring up one work on Mackinnon after that and gave a scouting report on Lazar to say why i like the kid so much???? you have me baffled as to why you would even bring that up to me pumping tires :shakehead...just want to argue for the sake of arguing i guess.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
I'm pretty sure scoutman isnt the only person who has mackinnon #1 for 2013 right now, im only young but mackinnon is the best 15 year old i have ever seen in my life

Just out of curiosity, how old are you? That's quite the statement.

Best 15 year old I ever saw was Eric Lindros. Played for the provincial Junior B champion St Michaels Buzzers back when Junior B hockey was really good. Watching a 15 year old man child dominate 18-20 year olds that were headed off on D1 scholarships was quite a site to behold. 3 years later and he's playing with the best players in the world at the Canada Cup.

I've only seen Mackinnon on the internet streams of his Canada Games games, but does anyone else get the impression he's like an Eric Lindros-lite?

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Just out of curiosity, how old are you? That's quite the statement.

Best 15 year old I ever saw was Eric Lindros. Played for the provincial Junior B champion St Michaels Buzzers back when Junior B hockey was really good. Watching a 15 year old man child dominate 18-20 year olds that were headed off on D1 scholarships was quite a site to behold. 3 years later and he's playing with the best players in the world at the Canada Cup.

I've only seen Mackinnon on the internet streams of his Canada Games games, but does anyone else get the impression he's like an Eric Lindros-lite?

I'm 18. I've only been following prospects closely for about 5 years now so I never got to see any great talents come up in the q (the only league I get to see) or in atlantic canada midget. I saw crosby in the q but I was only 12 years old. From what I have heard/ seen of lindros yeah I can see that too, mackinnon doesnt completely dominate with size or physicality the way lindros did as he is only 5'11, but he does lay the body quite frequently. The ironic thing is that mackinnon was small for his age growing up, and would play a league up on top of that, so he was incredibly small. The mackinnon haters used to say he would never make it because he would be too small and didnt play physical enough

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
I'm 18. I've only been following prospects closely for about 5 years now so I never got to see any great talents come up in the q (the only league I get to see) or in atlantic canada midget. I saw crosby in the q but I was only 12 years old. From what I have heard/ seen of lindros yeah I can see that too, mackinnon doesnt completely dominate with size or physicality the way lindros did as he is only 5'11, but he does lay the body quite frequently. The ironic thing is that mackinnon was small for his age growing up, and would play a league up on top of that, so he was incredibly small. The mackinnon haters used to say he would never make it because he would be too small and didnt play physical enough

Thanks for the Mackinnon insight.

Yeah, he came across like a scaled down version of Eric Lindros to me. Has the quick acceleration, powerful strides, great body positioning and soft hands.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
Last edited:

DangerMan

@danlizee
Jun 4, 2007
Edmonton
whlthoughts.blogspot.com
The Oil Kings are filled at forward with small, fearless mighty mights. As a group, they will be exciting some nights, aggrevating other times. Lazar has a great opportunity to slide into a forward slot and play with vets like Wruck and St.Croix. I'll being watching Lazar with great interest this year. Skies the limit for the kid.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
I go to many games. Saw him play playoff games at the end of last season and saw him at rookie camp. He is a talent but I'm not even certain when the last time a 16 yr old rookie put up 80 pts. His skills and motor are unbelievable, I would bet on 50. He's going to get opportunities.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
A good season would be 20 goals 20 assists. This is the Dub not the Q or OHL 16 year olds do not put up those numbers. RNH only had 65 points as a 16 year old and Schenn had 71

KingJet*

He didn't do too bad as a call up and being youngest player for a few games, I think hes just dealing with Pressure and he'll be better later on in a bit, I think he could win CHL rookie of the year, but I think it will be tight between him and Mackinnon, but another Rookie to watch is Madison Bowey which some scouts said he impressed him more than Lazar or Mackinnon just cause he took a poor Manitoba team higher than they expected, and some say he was better than Drew Doughty when he was his age and today hes 6' and 194 pds at 16. But back to Lazar, hes probably my very favourite prospect but I think he might even lead the WHL in scoring, I think hes even better than RNH and if hes playing with St. Croix both of them will light it up and be unstoppable.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
80 points? I like the kid too, but that's way too high of expectations. I would say a 40-50 point year would be very nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad