C Alex Turcotte - USNTDP, USHL (2019, 5th, LAK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
He’s badly out of form. He’s been struggling for over a month now. It started right around when he had an illness that made him miss a few games. He started playing bad hockey right when he came back from that. Bad luck because he was on his way to challenging for the Hobey Baker prior to that.

But I thought he was very good today and our best player. He didn’t get on the scoresheet, but sometimes that happens where you play well, and the goalie stops the chances you are part of and let’s in worse chances that you aren’t part of. It usually does all even out over a season. He needs to be playing more than he did. There’s no reason he should be playing a bottom six role for this team.

Edit: He also had like 3-4 points in the last exhibition game before the tournament started. That was the game Caufield scored four goals. They’ve combined for one point in three games, although they had 7-8 in the last exhibition game before the tournament. That was mostly just because of the PP and I didn’t think either were that good in that game, but it’s yet another reminder not to overreact to a short tournament.
I just like reminding people that Alex Turcotte is a 200ft player so even when he isn’t scoring he still impacts the game on the defensive end.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Like I said on our forum, he seems to do a lot of the heavy lifting shift-to-shift that turns the tide but goes underappreciated, so he's going to have a great mentor that does the same in Kopitar.

Reactions: funky

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
There was a lot of chatter in the Caufield thread about the Wisconsin Badgers being a toxic, me first team this year. Is Turcotte part of that or is he playing a team game for Wisconsin?

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
There was a lot of chatter in the Caufield thread about the Wisconsin Badgers being a toxic, me first team this year. Is Turcotte part of that or is he playing a team game for Wisconsin?
That chatter was actually aimed at CC being a diva.... Story goes he was called out by his teammates

Reactions: NuxFan09

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Point per game as a freshman is pretty good especially considering that he’s a good all around player. Just hope that LA gives him another year of development either in college or AHL.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Point per game as a freshman is pretty good especially considering that he’s a good all around player. Just hope that LA gives him another year of development either in college or AHL.
Im hoping he and Madden head to the Reign(AHL).. They'll get real development with the Kings facility being close by and they'll also get a first hand account of how pros prepare

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Im hoping he and Madden head to the Reign(AHL).. They'll get real development with the Kings facility being close by and they'll also get a first hand account of how pros prepare

It’s not a bad option. I don’t know much about Madden, but Turcotte looks like he’s physically ready for the NHL, but having a year of playing 76 games in the AHL would prepare him for the grind of the NHL. Also, building chemistry with future line mates doesn’t hurt

Reactions: Finster8

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
It’s not a bad option. I don’t know much about Madden, but Turcotte looks like he’s physically ready for the NHL, but having a year of playing 76 games in the AHL would prepare him for the grind of the NHL. Also, building chemistry with future line mates doesn’t hurt
Arthur Kaliyev spent the summer with the Kings and gained 15ish lbs of muscle.. Pretty sure Alex could do the same

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Arthur Kaliyev spent the summer with the Kings and gained 15ish lbs of muscle.. Pretty sure Alex could do the same
Pretty he didn't gain 15'ish pounds of muscle over the summer training. 15 pounds, perhaps. 15'ish pounds of muscle, nope. That's very difficult and most players can't do that while still training for an actual season.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Pretty he didn't gain 15'ish pounds of muscle over the summer training. 15 pounds, perhaps. 15'ish pounds of muscle, nope. That's very difficult and most players can't do that while still training for an actual season.
When you've never gone through a real workout regiment you actually get newbie gains which could easily be 15+ lbs

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
When you've never gone through a real workout regiment you actually get newbie gains which could easily be 15+ lbs
If you're around 150lb, sure. Closer to 200 (at least by websites reading), that's a lot harder. But hey, I guess anything is possible.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
If you're around 150lb, sure. Closer to 200 (at least by websites reading), that's a lot harder. But hey, I guess anything is possible.
I think Turcotte is around 185ish, so seeing him play at 200ish after a full offseason of working isnt out of the question... The kid seems to have that body type

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
An article in the Athletic from Scott Wheeler made it seem like he was playing through a knee injury. I'm not going to suggest I know better than the Wisconsin doctors or I know the full extent of the injury, but I would think that rushing back for a disaster of a team that was going nowhere is not smart advice long-term, especially if he's gone after this season. The article made it seem like Wisconsin wasn't managing the injury well. I'm sure plenty of players are playing with bumps and bruises at that point in the season, but I wouldn't think that an 18 year old top prospect should need to be taking anti-inflammatories to manage pain throughout a game.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
An article in the Athletic from Scott Wheeler made it seem like he was playing through a knee injury. I'm not going to suggest I know better than the Wisconsin doctors or I know the full extent of the injury, but I would think that rushing back for a disaster of a team that was going nowhere is not smart advice long-term, especially if he's gone after this season. The article made it seem like Wisconsin wasn't managing the injury well. I'm sure plenty of players are playing with bumps and bruises at that point in the season, but I wouldn't think that an 18 year old top prospect should need to be taking anti-inflammatories to manage pain throughout a game.
That whole program was a shit show this season. Expect a mass exodus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Nice little tidbit is that his ELC starts next year, gonna sign an ATO (PTO?) and finish in Ontario, maybe help them get to the playoffs and get an AHL playoff run in with Vilardi, Petersen, JAD, Clague, bunch of other Kings youth. That would be nice.

Reactions: BringTheReign

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Nice little tidbit is that his ELC starts next year, gonna sign an ATO (PTO?) and finish in Ontario, maybe help them get to the playoffs and get an AHL playoff run in with Vilardi, Petersen, JAD, Clague, bunch of other Kings youth. That would be nice.

How do I stream Reign games directly into my brain

Reactions: TwzKing

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
What do you guys think if his offensive upside at the next level?
For me, he’s a tough guy to evaluate. I don’t think you see him in the NHL for two years. I wasn’t blown away by him last year but he was just a freshman. I think this year it’ll be a lot easier to evaluate that offensive upside. Right now I see him as a #2-3 center. But that could change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad