C Aleksander Barkov - Tampere Tappara, FEL (2013 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxlockbox

:laugh: is my period
Mar 22, 2011
Finland
W... T.... F?!

Why everybody hatin' me? :laugh:

This is kinda OT, but I'll tackle this here.
I usued to respect you as a poster, until a certain point.
Lately I've seen very few posts from you that are non-provocative or even objective, you've ****** bagging all around to be honest. Just maybe go back to the you half an year ago and you wouldn't end up being hated so much.

And to make this post a little bit more thread related, saying something like Barkov wouldn't certainly play for Finland is just another provocative comment, he has not even slightly implied that he would rather play for Russia, ever.

Last edited:

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
Barkov's back to center slot as he'll be centering the third line today. Wonder who he ends up fighting with :laugh:.

Jere26

Jul 12, 2011
Any information why he only played 7.51mins yesterday on the 4th line? I bet he's going back to juniors soon if this continues like that.

lardneau

Oct 7, 2011
Any information why he only played 7.51mins yesterday on the 4th line? I bet he's going back to juniors soon if this continues like that.
I was wondering the same thing. It's not good for his development if he continues to sit on the bench when he could be playing over 20mins/game in the A-SM -league.

While I think he's not ready to play a full season in the SM-liiga, I think he should play about 30 games in the SM-liiga and then more games in juniors. He also has a good shot at making the national team for U-20 championship tournament. I hope he makes it so he'll have a chance to show his skills for the scouts and for those who're intressed. (I've got to admit, I'm basing my opinion in one game, so don't bury me alive) (sorry for my bad English)

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Barkov scored a goal again. Very nice goal and nice shot from the bad angle to the top corner.

Last edited:

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
Barkov 1+0 so far as Tappara leads HPK 1-0 15 minutes into the first period.

E: Aw, well at least my post was slightly more informative :(

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Wow, I might have to take some words back. This kid looks like the real deal. Barely 16 years old, and already this big and good.

His passes are hard and accurate. Hard to find any flaws from him except his skating isn't on good level but it isn't bad either but if everything else is good or elite at 16 years of age. Tappara headcoach told to Barkov that he is most skilled prospect that he's ever coached and promised him more icetime and good developement environment. I hope so, played about 12mins today scored 1 goal solid game all-around for him and was awarded as an 3rd star of the game. Hes IMO lock into WJC roster.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Foxlockbox

:laugh: is my period
Mar 22, 2011
Finland
His passes are hard and accurate. Hard to find any flaws from him except his skating isn't on good level but it isn't bad either but if everything else is good or elite at 16 years of age. Tappara headcoach told to Barkov that he is most skilled prospect that he's ever coached and promised him more icetime and good developement environment. I hope so, played about 12mins today scored 1 goal solid game all-around for him and was awarded as an 3rd star of the game. Hes IMO lock into WJC roster.

He skates very much like papa-Barkov, very straight-up skating stance, but he sees the ice well from up there though.

KlattNazty

Feb 3, 2011
Assist so far today and 10mins played.

The kid is extremely impressive. His stickhandling, size, defensive conscious, as well as offensive ability, makes him a very tantalizing prospect.

The koivu - datsyuk comparisons are great.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
His team led 3-2 and coach played Barkov when there was 1.30 mins time left. They won the game. About 16 mins ice time. It's increases all the time. He has 2+2 in 5 games playing with grinders without power play time. 0 goals against him in 5 games and he has +4 +/- and leads his team. Very solid all around game and was the best player of ice IMO.

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
His team led 3-2 and coach played Barkov when there was 1.30 mins time left. They won the game. About 16 mins ice time. It's increases all the time. He has 2+2 in 5 games playing with grinders without power play time. 0 goals against him in 5 games and he has +4 +/- . Very solid all around game and was the best player of ice IMO.

That's very impressive since his team is one of the bottom feeders.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
That's very impressive since his team is one of the bottom feeders.

His defensive game is amazing. He uses his reach perfectly. I don't know many players who uses their reach as well as Barkov. Hes going to be even bigger 6'4-6'5 isn't out of the question. He is tall but hes quite stocky and has good frame. But his ability to steal puck is amazing. Today he stole it few time creating dangerous situations from them. Loved how he used his body and positioning to make space for his linemates and when the opponent had the puck he has great ability to give pressure to puck holder giving him limited space and time with the puck. Again great performance and i can't believe that he is barely 16 years old. Most of his aged players plays for u-18 junior hockey and best players in u-20 with limited icetime. This kid is dominating against adults. When he came to the team they were last and after that they have lost 1? of 5 games. He is by far best 16 year old player i've seen from finland. I think that hes the player who is wanted by every GM in the NHL, a player who has high-end offensive abilities with amazing defensive abilities.
This kid is pure gold. At ivan hlinka when he blocked shots at PK when the team was leading by 6 goals made me like him. Now i love him

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
Also, his team hasn't won even one game without Barkov, but lost only once when playing Barkov (Tappara lost the game where Barkov got only 7 minutes of ice time). He made a bottom feeder team a contender in a pro league by himself at just 16 years old. Now, that's dominance.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Also, his team hasn't won even one game without Barkov, but lost only once when playing Barkov (Tappara lost the game where Barkov got only 7 minutes of ice time). He made a bottom feeder team a contender in a pro league by himself at just 16 years old. Now, that's dominance.

I think that when they changed the coach is the bigger reason for the success but they have won most of the games with 1 goals and Barkov have been big part producing goals and letting 0 goals in their own net so he is pretty big part of they're success aswell. But after all hes just 16 year old and holding his team on his shoulders. I love the way how Dufva is playing Barkov. Not just offensive game, he plays all situations. Big credit for coach and i'm very pleased that Dufva is the one to develope our rising star into stardom. I remind that FEL level is about AHL. Imagine 16 year old from Canada or US doing same thing what Barkov is doing at AHL. That will make people think.

Needles

Jun 29, 2010
He is by far best 16 year old player i've seen from finland.

But you have to agree that he has a huge size advantage over Granlund, Pulkkinen & Vatanen. But it's impossible to score point per game with size alone, so obviously he's got some serious skills. Could you compare Barkov and 16yo Granlund skillwise?

In his draft year Granlund scored 40 points in 43 games. It will be interesting to see if Barkov can pull that off as an 16 year old. If he can improve his skating in next two years and starts to deliver some bodychecks, he will be a beast in 2013. If he continues to develop, he could be a top5 pick.

E: And I have to say, that this kid has some pretty impressive people looking after him. Under Dufva's guidance Sami Vatanen blossomed. Janne Ojanen recently joined Tappara's coaching staff. Barkov's parents were top athletes and apparently Ville Nieminen has given him some pointers too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad