C Aleksander Barkov - Tampere Tappara, FEL (2013 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimbe

Sep 20, 2011
Finland
What is the rookie record in Tappara. I know that Teemu Selänne and Pekka Peltola have that 58 points(?) but how many points must Barkov jr. score that he'll break Tappara's rookie record?

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
What is the rookie record in Tappara. I know that Teemu Selänne and Pekka Peltola have that 58 points(?) but how many points must Barkov jr. score that he'll break Tappara's rookie record?

Noone ever stated about rookie record more like 2 years before draft. Set the record for 16 years old and younger.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011

Martti Jarkko with 41 points during season 1972-73. Rookie records for goals and assists are held by Mikko Leinonen, with 26 goals during season 1973-74, and Martti Jarkko, with 19 assists.

Barkov was +1 today, scoring Tappara's only goal in a 1-4 loss against HIFK. TOI 17.49, 3 shots taken. He's at 3+3=6 points in total now.

E:

Last edited:

TheBakester66

Jun 11, 2009
St. Louis, MO, USA
Barkov must be putting up the best points two years before the draft in the history of SM-liiga?

Going back to 1975-76 when it became SM-Liiga, I count 91 times that players 17 or younger have played in SM-Liiga. Of those, only 11 were 16 years old. Of those 11, only 2 of them scored more than 3 points.

Timo Jutila (D-BUF) (who played for Finland in the Olympics in 82,92, and 94, and had a great career in European hockey) scored 9g, 12a for 21 pts in 36GP in 1980-81. He seems to be the record holder for a player starting the season at 16 years old. He didn't turn 17 until december of that season.

The only other 16 year old of relevance is Juha Jyrkkio who in 1975-76 scored 7g and 5a for 12 pts in 36 GP. He did not turn 17 until January of that season. This FPS team he played on was terrible, so perhaps he received good ice time.

In the SM-Sarja years, 1973-74 and earlier, there were 4 guys who put up solid points before their 17th birthday. The best of which was Jarmo Lilius who put up 8g and 8a for 16 pts in 21 GP.

Tapio Koskinen was close in 1969-70 when he scored 9goals and 7assists for 16 pts in 22 GP (one more than Lilius).

Juhani Tamminen and Matti Forss are the other two.

I'm no SM-Liiga expert so someone should try to verify all of this. But it looks like right now that the record is 21 pts in 36 GP for a 16 year old in SM-Liiga

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
barkov has chance to be best point producer of his team soon. Jussi makkonen has 8 points in 16 games and barkov has 6pts in 10. It would be hilarious to see him wearing golden helmet for rest of the season. He is getting alot of icetime aswell.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
You should have read the previous pages, we covered this a couple of weeks ago already. Barkov even said in the papers that Finland is his country, he grew up here and all his friends are here.

Yeah at aamulehti but i didnt find the arcticle. Just wanted to post source.

Keeptdos

May 1, 2011
Finland
You should have read the previous pages, we covered this a couple of weeks ago already. Barkov even said in the papers that Finland is his country, he grew up here and all his friends are here.

Ah yeah I remember reading those postes ages ago. But I don't think he ever so said ''confirmed'' it. Anyways my bad if that has already been mentioned earlier. Can't be bothered to check this late. Anyways kid seems amazing at this age.

feffan

Sep 9, 2010
Malmö
Hmfph... Not sure if comfortable with all this high end prospects popping up at the other side of the baltic sea...

On a serious note: I love it! Sweden bulking up on some great young defencemen and Finland with some really impressive (really) young forwards. My favorite international rivalry has a nice future ahead of itself!

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Hmfph... Not sure if comfortable with all this high end prospects popping up at the other side of the baltic sea...

On a serious note: I love it! Sweden bulking up on some great young defencemen and Finland with some really impressive (really) young forwards. My favorite international rivalry has a nice future ahead of itself!

Sweden has insane depth every year. Finland can't match that for a long time. Finland can beat sweden at the 2013 draft in 1st round but not close at depth.

tikkanen5rings*

Sweden has insane depth every year. Finland can't match that for a long time. Finland can beat sweden at the 2013 draft in 1st round but not close at depth.

I think starting from 2012 they are pretty mutch even. Sweden has an amazing junior program but Finland looks like they finally got it working again. The problem with finnish hockey has been the "everybody plays" attitude and the true talents haven't had the right development. Finally that has changed.

WayneBruce

Jun 16, 2011
I think starting from 2012 they are pretty mutch even. Sweden has an amazing junior program but Finland looks like they finally got it working again. The problem with finnish hockey has been the "everybody plays" attitude and the true talents haven't had the right development. Finally that has changed.

2012 and 2013 drafts look great from a swedish perspective, Finland is not going to match the depth of Sweden but might produce some nice top picks.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009

They have 3 clear first rounders at this point (forsberg, collberg & åberg) and there is several players who can crack into first round. Finland has only 1 clear first rounder at this point. Teräväinen has chance to be first rounder. I don't see that potential in pokka. You're absolutely right that Finland has catched sweden but is still behind. Finland is not even close to be near sweden at 2012 draft in terms of depth and quality of prospects. But i'm still happy to have granlund and barkov. I wouldn't trade neither of em for Any u-20 players from sweden despite some of the Swedes plays in the NHL.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
I don't see that potential in pokka.

Can I ask why not? He was in the earlier ISS-list and he's playing with men right now (due to injuries). I think he's looked quite good and has played a lots of minutes.

Needles

Jun 29, 2010
Youngest player ever to score at FEL, youngest player to have point in FEL, he gonna setup new record for most point as an 16 year old or younger. In december he gonna be youngest player ever to play WJC for finland. Hes breaking up several records.

At this point, I can see only 2-3 threats why he may not be able to reach his potential (which is huge).

1. Injuries
2. He developes a bad attitude
3. He doesn't work hard at practice.

Injuries happen in hockey. When you step on the ice, there's always that chance. Luckily hes has that big frame and doesn't play as recklessly as Granlund & Armia. His attitude seems to be very good, at least what I've read from the interviews. Although he's been one of Tappara's best forwards, his main goal this year still are the U18 World Championships. Plus he has a very group of people looking after his development.

But how about his work ethic at practice? Does he work hard? Dufva's requirement level at practice is notorious, so there should't be any problems. Mikael Granlund has always had "first on the ice, last off the ice" attitude and that's why he's accomplished so much already. Hopefully Barkov is the same because he may be the most talented Finnish prospect since Kari Lehtonen. Yeah, I said it.

Last edited:

Latex*

To be honest Armia doesn't play wrecklessly at all.

That's the part that's missing from his game, actually.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Barkov scores again with an monster wrister!

He have been absolute beast at this game. His stickhandling is so fluent and beautiful to watch when he dekes other players like nothing. He is very strong against men at 16. His skating is gotten alot better and his moves are underpredictable. Love his vision with the puck. He gives very nice setups from the traffic. I just can't stop raving about his two-way skill. Barkov have been best player of the game no doubt. Barely 16 year old in pro league is amazing. But with this kind of play and at times dominance. I have no doubt to say that hes 2nd prospect from finland right now including drafted and it's matter of time he passes Granlund. Very good high-end offensive skills added with his future (selke?) calibre of defensive game will take him far in the 2013 draft.

Barkov scores again! PP goal. He's pretty good. :nod:

best player of the game by far.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

kitsumo

Unregistered User
Jan 24, 2010
Barkov scores again with an monster wrister!

He have been absolute beast at this game. His stickhandling is so fluent and beautiful to watch when he dekes other players like nothing. He is very strong against men at 16. His skating is gotten alot better and his moves are underpredictable. Love his vision with the puck. He gives very nice setups from the traffic. I just can't stop raving about his two-way skill. Barkov have been best player of the game no doubt. Barely 16 year old in pro league is amazing. But with this kind of play and at times dominance. I have no doubt to say that hes 2nd prospect from finland right now including drafted and it's matter of time he passes Granlund. Very good high-end offensive skills added with his future (selke?) calibre of defensive game will take him far in the 2013 draft.

best player of the game by far.

Let's not get too excited about that. Playing against the Ilves, worst team in the league by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad