C Aleksander Barkov - Tampere Tappara, FEL (2013 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
Great size and dominant player in all aspects of the game. I'm telling you guys this is a prototype of a perfect hockey player. There isn't a single weakness in his game. The most impressive prospect I've ever seen and I saw Crosby and Ovechkin.

He's a good prospect... But better than Crosby and Ovechkin? Talk about overhype. I agree that he doesn't have any big weaknesses in his game but he doesn't have that much offensive potential IMO. He is more similar to Mikko Koivu in many ways. (size, two-way game)

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
He's a good prospect... But better than Crosby and Ovechkin? Talk about overhype. I agree that he doesn't have any big weaknesses in his game but he doesn't have that much offensive potential IMO. He is more similar to Mikko Koivu in many ways. (size, two-way game)

I think that Barkov Jr. has better toolbox at the offensive zone. Mikko Koivu doesen't have ability to control pace of the game to make time and space to his linemates and to himself similar to Mikael Granlund. Barkov has it. Barkov has excellent stickhandling in the traffic he can deke very well. Barkov has great wristshot and slapshot. His hockey sense is top notch. Making good decisions with the puck.Upgraded Mikko Koivu would be good projection. Better offensive potential with same defensive game or even better. Yesterday he stripped puck from defenceman created 2 on 1 and almost scored. Barkov is very good at stickchecking and stealing the puck which reminds me from Pavel Datsyuk. His stickhandling reminds me from Datsyuk aswell. He makes it look so easy when he handles the puck at tight areas. At Ivan Hlinka he deked 3 USA players at same time it looked funny. It's still very hard to believe that he just turned 16 year old and playing FEL against men. It's even harder to believe that how he performed. It's very interesting to see him in the next game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I wouldn't count Juuso Ikonen out at this point. Blues fans consider him as a Granlund/Pulkkinen type of prospect, Ikonen also has higher PPG at A-junior level than both of those guys as 16-year-olds at the moment. Obviously he needs to prove himself against men, if he wants to make the team.

Too small for the small rinks.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Last game Mi. and Ma. Granlund played in the same line, and if they keep doing that it might be smart to keep that pair together. Plus Ma. Granlund has yet to play a mens game as a center, and I really doubt he can play at the level required for a 2nd line center in the WJC's. Already a while back I think it was tormentor that suggested playing both granlunds on the top line, Markus playing wing. That would leave us quite slim at center though, not sure how Barkov could handle n.o 2 center spot.

Ma. Granlund - Mi. Granlund - Joel Armia
Teemu Pulkkinen - X/Barkov jr. - Alex Ruuttu
Miikka Salomäki - X/Barkov jr. - Joonas Donskoi
M-M Ã…sten - Joel Mustonen - Patrik Moisio
Teräväinen

Why do people insist on putting Pulkkinen on the left wing? It's not his position, he's a right winger, he can't use the Holy Slapper from the left wing and he doesn't posses an Ovechkin like wrister. Plus everyone knows he's going to play with The Stamp, they have proven chemistry, there's no time to try new lines before the the tournament. Both Pulkkinen and Granlund will probably play at the Karjala tournament anyway.

Besides, we already have a WJC thread at the Finland board, no need to turn this thread into one as well.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
Why do people insist on putting Pulkkinen on the left wing? It's not his position, he's a right winger, he can't use the Holy Slapper from the left wing and he doesn't posses an Ovechkin like wrister. Plus everyone knows he's going to play with The Stamp, they have proven chemistry, there's no time to try new lines before the the tournament. Both Pulkkinen and Granlund will probably play at the Karjala tournament anyway.

Besides, we already have a WJC thread at the Finland board, no need to turn this thread into one as well.

Actually didn't really pay attention to left or right here

thomast

Oct 23, 2009

:laugh: . How many holy slappers so far at this season? I hope he's stick is blessed at WJC.

Foxlockbox

:laugh: is my period
Mar 22, 2011
Finland

Why I haven't heard this nickname before?
Brilliant :tvhappy:

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
As I expected, but never bothered searching anything to base my assumption on, Alexandr "Sasha" Barkov Jr. is now officially the youngest player to score a point in SM-liiga and the second youngest to play in a game at all, being a month older than Jesse Joensuu was when he made his debut during season 2003-04 (excluding secondary goalies who didn't actually step on the ice). Chances are that Barkov Jr. will also become the youngest player to score a goal in SM-liiga, since the current record holder, Juha Jyrkkiö, was 7 months older when he managed to score in 1975.

From my understanding, Sasha will play in tonight's game against Ässät, so we'll se if he's able to bang the net as soon as today. He did have few decent-looking chances in the last game.

E: Apparently he will be playing as left wing of the third line.

Last edited:

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
From my understanding, Sasha will play in tonight's game against Ässät, so we'll se if he's able to bang the net as soon as today. He did have few decent-looking chances in the last game.

Would anyone bother to stream the game? I could keep an eye on both Armia and Barkov.

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
Would anyone bother to stream the game? I could keep an eye on both Armia and Barkov.

Extremely rare to have a SM-Liiga stream... Don't know why. Maybe Finnish people won't want to share something that they've paid for... :laugh:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Extremely rare to have a SM-Liiga stream... Don't know why. Maybe Finnish people won't want to share something that they've paid for... :laugh:

Oh yeah, that's for certain. A few season's ago one did stream SM-liiga games but he stopped mid way through the season, don't know whether he was told to stop by the then rights holder or he got fed up. The SM-liiga Winter Classic was streamed though.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Sasha Jr. impress me so much. He is one of the best players for his team and hes barely 16... He's youngest ever to score an goal and assist at FEL.

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
One small question; should he be called "Sasha Barkov" or "Alexandr Barkov Jr."?

I know Alexandr Jr. is his official name, but using Sasha seems to be more common (and also would be easier)...

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
One small question; should he be called "Sasha Barkov" or "Alexandr Barkov Jr."?

I know Alexandr Jr. is his official name, but using Sasha seems to be more common (and also would be easier)...

I think his father was called Sasha aswell :P something like Barkov Jr. or Sasha Jr.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Ville Nieminen gave him some tips to score goals and reporter asked what was your recipe for that goal:

Sasha Jr. : Ville Nieminen told me if you want pizza go to Pizzeria if you want to make goals go to goal.

:biglaugh:

Funny guy.

Latex*

Seems like a cocky fella if you ask me.

I wonder if he wants to represent Russia instead of Finland in national teams?

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
Seems like a cocky fella if you ask me.

I wonder if he wants to represent Russia instead of Finland in national teams?

Nobody asked you anything. I asked you once about Markus Granlund and you couldnt give me an answer.

I think it's 100% certanty that he will represent Finland always.

Latex*

Nobody asked you anything. I asked you once about Markus Granlund and you couldnt give me an answer.

I think it's 100% certanty that he will represent Finland always.

W... T.... F?!

Why everybody hatin' me? :laugh:

Of course i am allowed to say my opinion, don't start playing a mod kid.

And no. It's no certain he'll represent Finland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad