C Aleksander Barkov - Tampere Tappara, FEL (2013 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
so.. i'm trying to watch this Barkov game (12/10) http://www.justin.tv/tapparasaravo, but, just like the other times links to his games were posted here, i'm not able to see anything.

The counter says 1.456 views, so apparently others can watch and i'm missing something?

thx in advance for anyone helping me out with this.

Try changing browsers, updating your Flash, etc. If you us an ad block extension turn it off temporarily because sometimes they block more than they should. Never had a problem watching justin.tv streams and with that many viewers it obviously works.

SPMaximus

Apr 29, 2011
its 1500 total views on that channel, there is nothing there to watch as there is no stream right now, as in 0 current viewers

Pellegrino

Oct 30, 2007
Sweden
Barkov overhyped? What makes you think he's overhyped? Because that he is finnish? Read posts from NA users. Barkov has done everything to deserve that hype.
Well, when I said the amount of hype, I didn't just mean the hype itself, I meant the amount of posters hyping the guy. What makes me have that opinion is that there are over 1000 posts in the thread about Barkov, while there are far less - from what I can see - about the other top prospects in the coming draft. He's by far the player most spoken of in this forum section and that's why I think he gets too much attention/amount of hype here. Afterall, he's not by far the best prospect. That's my non-expert opinion anyway.

I agree that the hype for finnish top prospects from some posters is getting overboard, and some people tend to expect crazy things. However, I don't think its cool coming here to point a finger at everyone here claiming that we as a group all are ridiculous with the crazy overhype. If you don't agree with something, reply, share your opinion. Don't just come here vaguely pointing fingers.

Also we have to remember that Barkov starting to be considered a potential 1st overall pick (All the traits expected of an NHL ready player, the insane production, his young age), and considering there has never been one from Finland, I'm willing to forgive some guys for being too enthusiastic. And he is darn good player, just look at him.

To answer your question, I am pretty much 99,9% sure he'll play for Finland his whole career. He already has played for Finland in two IIHF hosted tournaments, meaning that he would have to play 4 years on Russian soil to be eligible to change the country he represents internationally. Also he has stated that he considers himself a finn, and all his friends are finnish, etc.
I'm certainly not "pointing a finger at everyone", and I'm not claiming to be cool, so I totally accept if you think I'm "uncool". As for the rest, read my reply to thomast.

By the way, it's great if Barkov sticks with Finland. Had to ask the question due to his very Russian name.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
I don't know... Ask Alexandre Daigle and Patrik Stefan.

And yes, it is ironic coming from a Swede, many Swedes overhype Swedish prospects extremly much.

I dont think that many Swedes in this forum overhype Swedish prospects. The Swedes talk about about swedish prospects a lot yes, but that is because:

1) We're Swedes
2) We know more about swedish prospects than anyone else. And we know less of other nations prospects.

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
Well, when I said the amount of hype, I didn't just mean the hype itself, I meant the amount of posters hyping the guy. What makes me have that opinion is that there are over 1000 posts in the thread about Barkov, while there are far less - from what I can see - about the other top prospects in the coming draft. He's by far the player most spoken of in this forum section and that's why I think he gets too much attention/amount of hype here. Afterall, he's not by far the best prospect. That's my non-expert opinion anyway.

I'm certainly not "pointing a finger at everyone", and I'm not claiming to be cool, so I totally accept if you think I'm "uncool". As for the rest, read my reply to thomast.

By the way, it's great if Barkov sticks with Finland. Had to ask the question due to his very Russian name.

Listen. Nobody is saying he's by far the best prospect. Mackinnon is on second thread so you are wrong about that. And lastly WHO CARES if Barkov has lot of posters?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Everybody in the world expected him to be a top five pick. Hes surpassing everyone's expectations this season, so what does that leave? Top three talk, right? Makes logical sense, right? Why be upset? OF COURSE he's getting top three discussion. Just like Lindholm who was top ten or fifteen on many lists this summer, but is off to a white hot start and is now getting top ten or top five talk. That's what happens when a player with tremendously high expectations surpasses them tremendously. There is nothing to be surprised about. It makes complete sense in historical context. The only folks that should be bitter, confused, or upset are either harboring serious bias or are extremely new to draft watching.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010

You know Nathan Mackinnon is already 3/4 of the way through his second thread right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad