Confirmed with Link: Burakovsky signs 1 x 3.25M

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Burakovsky was always going to have hot and cold streaks. I feel like we all knew this.

I don't know if it will jump start him, but Bednar needs to go back to the Bura-Naz-Donskoi line. It was working for multiple games and he broke it up after a game or two of the whole team struggling.

Marv Merchants

Sep 2, 2019
Burro has 12 points through 16 games. Half of which came in 2 games. Two thirds in 3 games. Safe to say he is streaky. Started off hot, went cold, now MAY be heating up again.

So far, I think we have to say he is worth it.
I suggest you watch him play instead of only looking at statistics. Burakovsky has been impressive, kind of a Rantanen-lite

Reactions: MacBradley

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I suggest you watch him play instead of only looking at statistics. Burakovsky has been impressive, kind of a Rantanen-lite
He has been good. But not THAT good. Better than his salary, equal to his trade cost. He is nowhere near the play-maker that Rantanen is, though his wrist shot is better. About even on the back-check, which is not great for either. There are times he is on, and the Rantanen-lite label might fit, but there are plenty of times he is a step slow to make the right play, which hinders the accuracy of that moniker overall.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Ahhhh, what?

If anything, watching him play paints a worse picture than stat watching.

He has the points and no denying his nasty shot but he has largely been quite underwhelming. He takes far too long making decisions with the puck, and hes prettt soft along the boards. His effort level had been good so far which is an improvement from Washington at least.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Outside of MacKinnon or Rantanen he is the first player that comes to mind that I would have faith in on a break away scoring chance...

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
He had one shift yesterday where he legit looked like Rantanen with how he used his body to protect the puck. I’m happy to have him on the team.

Reactions: MacBradley

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Such a polarizing player. He had a stretch of 5 games where he looked awful then the last 2 games he plays great and is scoring in bunches. Overall happy with him even if he can be frustrating

I like that we have the depth to move him up and down the lineup depending on how he's playing, and a coach who is smart enough to do that.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I don't think anyone following Burakovsky's career is overly surprised because he has lots of natural skills but the big question is consistency, his work ethic and defensive/physical play, sometimes also looking a bit slow out there. It's looking like he is enjoying life in Colorado and working a bit harder. Coaching a player like Burakovsky is probably both frustrating and rewarding. His combination of pure skill and size is attracting, his wrister is powerful and deadly.

Burakovsky was amazing in OHL 2013-14 (all time scoring OHL scoring record for Swedes I think...) but playing with McDavid perhaps helped a little bit. ;-)

Trading players from Stanley Cup winners is not a bad thing though.

Last edited:
Reactions: klozge and MarkT

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I’ve been pleasantly surprised with Burakovsky this year. Really good point production and he just knows how to finish. He provides some much needed skill, while Rantanen and Landeskog are out of the lineup.

I wish we had him on his current AAV for three years instead of one.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
I thought he played pretty hard away from the puck yesterday.

Decent back check.

Even MacK looked pretty engaged in the neutral zone. Built up some steam and threw a hit

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
It’s kind of crazy the season is 1/4 finished, and some of the names right behind Burakovsky on the scoring list are:

Connor
Larkin
Duchene
Debrincat
Seguin

He is providing good value right now, but I still feel hesitant about what his next contract will look like.

Reactions: Richard88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad