Confirmed with Link: Burakovsky signs 1 x 3.25M

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I can live with hot and cold streaks, so long as the hot streak is like "Damn! That's amazing"
As much as we fans love to talk about it, consistency for all 82 games is rare. Injuries, fatigue and etc come into the equation.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I’ve been pleasantly surprised with Burakovsky this year. Really good point production and he just knows how to finish. He provides some much needed skill, while Rantanen and Landeskog are out of the lineup.

I wish we had him on his current AAV for three years instead of one.

It’s kind of crazy the season is 1/4 finished, and some of the names right behind Burakovsky on the scoring list are:

Connor
Larkin
Duchene
Debrincat
Seguin

He is providing good value right now, but I still feel hesitant about what his next contract will look like.

Holy crap guys. Let's maybe wait a while before we start worrying about his next contract. The dude is known for having hot and cold streaks. He might cool off later and be worth no more than he's making now.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Holy crap guys. Let's maybe wait a while before we start worrying about his next contract. The dude is known for having hot and cold streaks. He might cool off later and be worth no more than he's making now.

Definitely. He’s already shown his streakiness this year, but our system does seem to be a better fit for him than the Caps.

Reactions: McMetal

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
He'll probably end up being a little streaky, but so far it's hard to find a lot to nit pick about what he's doing. I like that he's shooting more than he did in Washington, he really does have a wicked shot and some good finishing instincts down low. With the season now 25% over this is looking better and better.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Yep....I never expected him to be full on 2nd line winger. He's a streaky player that puts up points and should be moved between the 3rd and and 2nd lines accordingly. I'm currently happy with him, but will become negative on him when he is due for a new contract. I don't want to bet big on him, I'd rather rely on Sakic to find another gem in the rough at a lower cost. In fact, i wouldn't mind trading Burakovski to another team at the deadline if we can get a few decent pieces. I just don't see him as long term piece for this team.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Yep....I never expected him to be full on 2nd line winger. He's a streaky player that puts up points and should be moved between the 3rd and and 2nd lines accordingly. I'm currently happy with him, but will become negative on him when he is due for a new contract. I don't want to bet big on him, I'd rather rely on Sakic to find another gem in the rough at a lower cost. In fact, i wouldn't mind trading Burakovski to another team at the deadline if we can get a few decent pieces. I just don't see him as long term piece for this team.
If he is still producing by the deadline we should not trade him. This team has arrived. It's about competing in the playoffs now, not getting rid of our depth scoring for futures.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He's still been very up and down... prior to this recent scoring burst he was terrible for ~8 games and prior to that he was great. I don't think you can reasonably expect him to be consistent for the type of player he is, but you don't want 10% stretches like that. Cutting those in half would go a long ways to him establishing himself as a 2nd line sort of player.

Reactions: cgf

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Dude just appears to have pretty shaky confidence, and I think he always will. When he's on, he's getting in the dirty areas of the ice, taking shots near the slot area, and moving the puck with speed. When he's not on, he plays a little hesitant, tends to stick to the perimeter, and doesn't take shots.

If the Avs get a 20 goal effort from him then they should be pretty pleased with that. If he does anything more that's a bonus.

Reactions: MacBradley and cgf

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
You know you done good when even Mack was impressed with your shot.

Mack's face on Bura's 2nd goal last night was hilarious haha.

Reactions: MacBradley

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I'm such a cynical person. Bura is having a great start to the year and all I can think about is how horrible his next contract is going to be.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
A "prove me I was right" from Sakic.

Prove me wrong, Bura. Glad it's only one year.
This is what I posted when the signing happened. He is certainly proving me wrong and proving Sakic right. I know he is still inconsistent but I'm OK with that if he can keep producing when others get cold/injured.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
This guys got a little more to his game than just a shot. There was one play in particular I really liked last night. He stopped up in the neutral zone, and made a quick decision to get the puck to Girard and it led to some solid possession time in the O zone. He’s been passing the puck pretty well recently

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
He has a hell of a shot and I love his production so far.

That sequence at the end of the flames game when he was out defending against the extra attacker was brutal though. I've never seen a more passive defensive stick in my life. He had a good productive night though, and hopefully he can learn from it.

I think Bednar was trying to get him the hat trick by having him out there but I bet he won't try that again haha.

MacBradley

May 5, 2014
He has a hell of a shot and I love his production so far.

That sequence at the end of the flames game when he was out defending against the extra attacker was brutal though. I've never seen a more passive defensive stick in my life. He had a good productive night though, and hopefully he can learn from it.

I think Bednar was trying to get him the hat trick by having him out there but I bet he won't try that again haha.

He looked like he didn't know what exactly he was supposed to be doing and he also looked really gassed.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I really like the way he works with MacKinnon, too. Defenders always key in on him in the offensive zone, especially with Rantanen out. Bura has been excellent these last few games about taking advantage of this and finding the open ice that MacK creates. On his first goal last night, you can clearly see Giordano cheating over towards MacKinnon, and Bura just steps into that open space and roofs the pass. So it's more than just him having a sniper's accuracy, he's giving himself the opportunity to get his shot off.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I really like the way he works with MacKinnon, too. Defenders always key in on him in the offensive zone, especially with Rantanen out. Bura has been excellent these last few games about taking advantage of this and finding the open ice that MacK creates. On his first goal last night, you can clearly see Giordano cheating over towards MacKinnon, and Bura just steps into that open space and roofs the pass. So it's more than just him having a sniper's accuracy, he's giving himself the opportunity to get his shot off.
I agree with you but I think Bura's space was created much more by Makar skating by Mack and Mack making everybody believed he was passing to him than just because Mack is dangerous with the puck. That fake move draw all three players towards that side.

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
I agree with you but I think Bura's space was created much more by Makar skating by Mack and Mack making everybody believed he was passing to him than just because Mack is dangerous with the puck. That fake move draw all three players towards that side.
Everyone, including the Sportsnet commentators (and probably Makar), thought that Cale was going to get the puck back. That was a great set up by MacK and a great finish by Bura

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
He won’t keep up his 40 goal pace, especially when his ice time dips a bit when Rantanen returns, but this is obviously a(nother) big win by Sakic. Young top-6 forward who’s hitting his stride.

One of these days I look forward to re-reading his trade thread...:wedgie:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad