Confirmed with Link: Burakovsky signs 1 x 3.25M

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Last year was a contract year too. This is Burky’s 3rd contract year of his career

Right now Bura is shooting the puck. I wonder if he can maintain the consistent effort level on both sides of the puck, but if he does go cold he may fall back on his play-making abilities. Which would be interesting because Kadri would probably benefit there. MacK sure did in OT.

That line has been productive, but Kadri has not benefited much on the score sheet for the work hes put in against the puck. Maybe building some chemistry will help, but that is assuming Bura maintains some semblance of his all around play even when he is not scoring at this rate.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Right now Bura is shooting the puck. I wonder if he can maintain the consistent effort level on both sides of the puck, but if he does go cold he may fall back on his play-making abilities. Which would be interesting because Kadri would probably benefit there. MacK sure did in OT.

That line has been productive, but Kadri has not benefited much on the score sheet for the work hes put in against the puck. Maybe building some chemistry will help, but that is assuming Bura maintains some semblance of his all around play even when he is not scoring at this rate.

Time for my:

Landy - MacK - Bura
Mikko - Naz - Joonas

...dream, perhaps? :naughty:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Continuing to shoot the puck is the big factor with Bura IMO.

He's obviously not going to sustain a 25% shooting percentage. But he does have a really good shot and his career shooting % kind of shows this as he's sitting at 13% which is pretty high. But his problem has always been that he doesn't shoot enough, averaging just 1.5 shots per game over his career.

Through 7 games this year that number is up to 2.3 shots. If he can maintain that kind of shooting this season he really should be able to hit 20+ goals for us. The key really is going to be for him to continue shooting the puck when he gets opportunities instead of looking for the pass like he has so much in years prior.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
As long as Bura keeps playing a good two-way game and keeps shooting it will go a long way for Bednar to leave on the 2nd line where he will get more opportunities which in turn will help staying away from going cold. If he goes invisible like he used to in the past that's when Bednar will demote him in the lineup. Somebody said that being demoted to the 3rd line in the second game (I think) could have been the best thing that happened to him. I seriously believe that as well. He showed him that Bednar has him on a short leash and if his plays slides he will not hesitate to demote him. So like usual with Bednar it's up to Bura to show him he is willing to do what it takes to stay in the top-6.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
You mean Sakic? In which case, I've already begun

The temple is already in place, it's almost like an Egyptian pyramid or a mountain, I like this logo.
1ccUT22QQYNhBTTcx8EOFXzzMJYFLq3xXzqg0W1pn28.png

Reactions: Avsboy

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I should have known the hockey IQ concerns weren’t accurate. Everyone knows there’s no such thing as a dumb Swede.

Most Swedish hockey players don't come across as stupid players. Mostly because we are a collectivist culture so we buy into systems. I think in general Swedish players are very coachable. If you do what's asked of you, your hide your lack of hockey IQ a bit.

There are some really dumb Swedish hockey players though. Mikael Samuelsson was one. Viktor Stålberg another. I wasn't a fan of Pääjärvi either.

Adam Larsson might be a really stupid player with good instincts or an averagely smart player with average instincts. He's really hard to figure out.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
It’s still early but I might be ready for some crow pretty soon. I think like mentioned, getting demoted to the 3rd line really woke me up along with getting used to the Avs system. I was pretty down on him after preseason with how bad he looked but I think people (including myself) forget that it takes time to adjust to a new teams and their systems along with having to develop chemistry with new line mates. It took a couple games but it looks like Bura, Kadri and Dong figured each other out.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
But he does have a really good shot and his career shooting % kind of shows this as he's sitting at 13% which is pretty high. But his problem has always been that he doesn't shoot enough, averaging just 1.5 shots per game over his career.

Shooting % usually goes down when the volume increases and you're not as passive about when to shoot.

Reactions: MacBradley

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Ranger fan here but with Avalanche my favorited team from out in the West. So far heck of a season thus far for your boys.

Is it pretty safe to say Burakowsky will take Mikko's place on the Mac/Landy line?

I hope so seeing I picked up Burakowsky in both my $$ fantasy leagues and now with him, Mac, Zadorav and Grubauer, I do believe I'm pretty invested in the Avalanche this year which from my observations is a damn good thing.

So what's the scoop? Is Burakowsky now the 3rd member of the big line or no? Thanks for your insights gents.

Reactions: MacBradley

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
True, but a top 6er is expected to top 50.

Just wanted to point out that only 99 forwards scored 50+ last year. Less than 4 per team. Hell, barely over 3 per team. I get the arguments that say just because there are 31 teams, does not mean every team has a "true" 1C, or that there are 31 total 1Cs in the league. Don't really agree with those arguments, but I get that some do. But you seem to be saying there are only 99 top6 forwards in the league. That on average, almost all teams only have 3 or maybe 4 top6 F. I concede that there are some...like us last year. But if the bar is set so high that league wide, only half the number of players are able to reach it than spots available....maybe your bar is too flipping high. There are 186 total top6 spots in the NHL. Based on points alone, that means the line would be 34 points. I will admit that is a bit low, in part due to injuries to various players that would have raised that number. But 40 points seems reasonable. That puts about 140 players in the top6 range, bottoming out with Zuccarello, TWilson, and MaxPac.

As for salary, Bura is the 193rd highest paid forward. Which by my count, makes him a highly paid 3rd liner...or mid pack 3rd liner if you account for the ELCs playing in higher roles.

By those measures, Sakic paid a somewhat high price to trade for what should be expected of him, but Bura is outperforming his salary, and matching the trade value; so far.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Just wanted to point out that only 99 forwards scored 50+ last year. Less than 4 per team. Hell, barely over 3 per team. I get the arguments that say just because there are 31 teams, does not mean every team has a "true" 1C, or that there are 31 total 1Cs in the league. Don't really agree with those arguments, but I get that some do. But you seem to be saying there are only 99 top6 forwards in the league. That on average, almost all teams only have 3 or maybe 4 top6 F. I concede that there are some...like us last year. But if the bar is set so high that league wide, only half the number of players are able to reach it than spots available....maybe your bar is too flipping high. There are 186 total top6 spots in the NHL. Based on points alone, that means the line would be 34 points. I will admit that is a bit low, in part due to injuries to various players that would have raised that number. But 40 points seems reasonable. That puts about 140 players in the top6 range, bottoming out with Zuccarello, TWilson, and MaxPac.

As for salary, Bura is the 193rd highest paid forward. Which by my count, makes him a highly paid 3rd liner...or mid pack 3rd liner if you account for the ELCs playing in higher roles.

By those measures, Sakic paid a somewhat high price to trade for what should be expected of him, but Bura is outperforming his salary, and matching the trade value; so far.

I should've added the "on a top favorite" caveat. As top contenders tend to have 5 true top 6ers and then a middle-6 ride-along.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Ranger fan here but with Avalanche my favorited team from out in the West. So far heck of a season thus far for your boys.

Is it pretty safe to say Burakowsky will take Mikko's place on the Mac/Landy line?

I hope so seeing I picked up Burakowsky in both my $$ fantasy leagues and now with him, Mac, Zadorav and Grubauer, I do believe I'm pretty invested in the Avalanche this year which from my observations is a damn good thing.

So what's the scoop? Is Burakowsky now the 3rd member of the big line or no? Thanks for your insights gents.
I'm curious too. But last practice it was Compher and not Burakovsky who was lined with MacKinnon EV and PP.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida

The only possible move is for Big Z to move into Mikko's spot on the top line. He loves score goal.

Reactions: CobraAcesS and cgf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad