w/ Renly's Peach
I mean does he technically play center? :sarcasm:

Edit: dammit Xpat beat me to it.

giphy.gif

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Burakovsky's last 8 games... 0G 1A 1P 15:49 TOI. That one point came on the power play. On ice xGF/60 1.53 xGA/60 3.19. Worst on xGF and 2nd worst xGA (behind Nuke).

Reactions: The Kingslayer

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
No one is scoring

Well... MacK is PPG over the last 8, Makar has 6 points, JT and Kadri both have 5, PEB and Wilson (in 4 games) both have 4 points, Jost, Calvert and Cole all have 3. The team is struggling to score, but Bura is a part of that (Donskoi is going through a drought too). Bura is only outscoring Megna and Nuke over the past 8 games amongst forwards.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
He's exactly what a lot of people expected he would be... A nice complementary piece, but not a guy you want to have to rely on when things get tough. He has all the talent in the world, I just can't understand what it is that's stopping him from putting it all together.

The guy can skate like the wind, has an unreal shot, but he can't handle a pass right on his tape. What are you supposed to do?

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Should we really be jusdging this guy while the whole team is floundering? It's not like we brought him in at a 3.25 salary to be a 1st liner. This guy's plays well when other players are munching the top minutes and while the team has the lead. He's not someone we should be depending on to get us back into games, but rather someone we use to extend the leads we have.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Should we really be jusdging this guy while the whole team is floundering? It's not like we brought him in at a 3.25 salary to be a 1st liner. This guy's plays well when other players are munching the top minutes and while the team has the lead. He's not someone we should be depending on to get us back into games, but rather someone we use to extend the leads we have.

Bura's MO has been flashes of 10-15 games where he is phenomenal, and looks like a legit top 6 guy.... to be followed with 25-30 games of disappearing. This fits with that. But yeah, he was brought in to help the scoring depth on the team and he isn't doing that. He's been on both top lines and been on the 1st PP unit... he should be producing a lot more than players like Calvert and PEB. That's what he's paid to do.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

His salary doesn't say top 6, but when we consider the picks that were traded away and the need that Bura was brought in to address, it sure starts to look like Joe was trying to bring in a top 6er. You're right that that's an unrealistic expectation of Bura, but that's always been the problem with his acquisition...

Reactions: sethro109

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Yes, because he's a somewhat big reason this team is floundering.

Obviously the injuries are 90% of the problem, but Bura is really proving he has all the tools with no toolbox.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He's exactly like he was in Washington: good shot but he never uses it, tends to disappear, hates physical play.

He played up and down the lineup over there too.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
His salary doesn't say top 6, but when we consider the picks that were traded away and the need that Bura was brought in to address, it sure starts to look like Joe was trying to bring in a top 6er. You're right that that's an unrealistic expectation of Bura, but that's always been the problem with his acquisition...
I agree with this statement. Joe defiantly was swinging for the fences with this trade. If it falls short is that really Bura's fault? His stats ice time and deployment in Washington told the story we see here. We just have to hope, have patience and see how this turns out later in the season. Or accept the loss and move on. However I doubt Joe is going to move on 19 games into the season where he's seen flashes of what he wanted and the WHOLE team outside of Mack has made uncharacteristic mistakes that have lead to goals against.

I really do see this as more of a whole team problem right now. I could absolutely be wrong, but I'm not ready to accept that until it's clear he's the problem and not the team.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I really do see this as more of a whole team problem right now. I could absolutely be wrong, but I'm not ready to accept that until it's clear he's the problem and not the team.

I don't think that he's the problem really. I think the problem is Joe/pro scouts thinking that things would be different here. He's shown that he is a highly inconsistent wing with ridiculous natural talent and he's showing exactly that here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad