Proposal: Building for 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
How about Statsny? Could be like a Krejci, and he's played with Laine before.
I agree. Plus we could sign only for one year, he can be the winger too so if our young centers would progress we could move him it. So Laine would find his play we should a good center who would learn our centers many things. Plus he`s very good in defense.

And we have to steal Voronkov ;)

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Not sure if he's been mentioned but Clayton Keller play C? Would Arizona consider trading him and if so, for what? Any interest?

Unfortunately he's not an actual center. If you want a skilled super-soft playmaking wing, I do think AZ would part with him easy, he's overpaid.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
No surprise but Jarmo plans to talk long term contract with Z this summer.

He brings up Josh Anderson by himself which may suggest if they can't come to an agreement this summer he might try and trade him.

Do you also plan to push for a long-term extension with Zach this summer?
JK: “Yes, of course. That’s why we traded Josh Anderson, because he didn’t want to do anything more than one year, where he could just walk at the end of the year. That’s insane. If you’re going to take it to a UFA (situation), you want at least a couple more years, if not more. But to do a one-year (extension) and make him a UFA at the end of it doesn’t make any sense, because it doesn’t add to the trade value and it doesn’t add to anything.”

Blue Jackets GM Kekalainen talks Seth Jones, Zach Werenski, offseason

Reactions: cslebn and LJ7201

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
No surprise but Jarmo plans to talk long term contract with Z this summer.

He brings up Josh Anderson by himself which may suggest if they can't come to an agreement this summer he might try and trade him.

Blue Jackets GM Kekalainen talks Seth Jones, Zach Werenski, offseason

I'm not sure I get the reasoning why keeping Seth in his final year would be any different than extending an RFA for one last year. Maybe Jarmo just thinks Jones is in a higher class than Zach?

I personally don't. I have them close to even, they're both mid-tier #1s in my book.

Also doesn't Zach have two years until UFA? He is still far from the Anderson situation.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I'm not sure I get the reasoning why keeping Seth in his final year would be any different than extending an RFA for one last year. Maybe Jarmo just thinks Jones is in a higher class than Zach?

I personally don't. I have them close to even, they're both mid-tier #1s in my book.

Also doesn't Zach have two years until UFA? He is still far from the Anderson situation.

Josh Anderson was one year from UFA when we traded him. Yes we have an additional year to negotiate with Werenski but he brought up Anderson unprompted. Maybe he wouldn’t trade him immediately but you definitely get a better return if you trade him this summer than next summer

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Only Jarmo can turn a “building” thread into a departing thread.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Josh Anderson was one year from UFA when we traded him. Yes we have an additional year to negotiate with Werenski but he brought up Anderson unprompted. Maybe he wouldn’t trade him immediately but you definitely get a better return if you trade him this summer than next summer

I'm not sure about Zach's return. Generically, now is better, but he's coming off of an injury plagued season. He might be able to raise his stock.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
In the world where we're still trying to make next year's team better, one trade acquisition I'd consider is Jake Voracek. The Flyers have too many overpaid forwards, and Jake is one of them, with four years left at $8.25m per.

I haven't seen enough to vouch for his recent game, but if he is still a strong transition winger then we could certainly benefit from that. His scoring rates are still at very good top line levels. I think if we could also add David Krejci on a short term deal then we'd have two great veteran linemates for Laine.

Voracek - Krejci - Laine

We could call it the overpaid line, which is fine by me, as long as they score a lot and get Laine back to peak form.

I think Jake's present salary isn't so much an issue for us but his four year term is a risk. Say the Flyers are willing to basically give him away but won't take salary back, is it worth it for us?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Voracek - Krejci - Laine

We could call it the overpaid line, which is fine by me, as long as they score a lot and get Laine back to peak form.

I think Jake's present salary isn't so much an issue for us but his four year term is a risk. Say the Flyers are willing to basically give him away but won't take salary back, is it worth it for us?

Put me in the No camp. Maybe it works short term but even if it does I still see the Jackets as a bubble team with no real hope of contending for the Cup.

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Hadn't seen this posted anywhere. Good insight from Nasher on how the off-season goes from his POV.

And I know... It's Kyper and McLean... But...
"If Jones or Werenski don't resign there it won't be because of Ownership or Jarmo not wanting them, it'll be because the player wants to go elsewhere"

Last edited:

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

And I know... It's Kyper and McLean... But...
"If Jones or Werenski don't resign there it won't be because of Ownership or Jarmo not wanting them, it'll be because the player wants to go elsewhere"

Kypreos for deep insight award of the year :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Kypreos for deep insight award of the year :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
It's not like they said anything we didn't already know, however, it is nice to hear some of the things most of us already suspected and had already known. Ownership believes in Jones and Z and have no problem spending to do so. And more than likely Jarmo feels the same way.

It's strictly in the players hands at this point.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
According to the mains, Grigorenko is returning to the KHL. I'm sure we're all devastated but don't factor him into your lineups next year.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
In the world where we're still trying to make next year's team better, one trade acquisition I'd consider is Jake Voracek. The Flyers have too many overpaid forwards, and Jake is one of them, with four years left at $8.25m per.

I haven't seen enough to vouch for his recent game, but if he is still a strong transition winger then we could certainly benefit from that. His scoring rates are still at very good top line levels. I think if we could also add David Krejci on a short term deal then we'd have two great veteran linemates for Laine.

Voracek - Krejci - Laine

Krejci is too old for two year contract and more and I doubt he could agree with one year plus resign one year again.
If a new center my dream is J.T. Miller. Or he could play on the wing:

Maybe: Texier, Marchenko, our the 1th round pick (TOP 10), probably still something. Yes, from Marchenko could grow up a great player but every team needs similar player like J.T. Besides we have Voronkov and Chinakhov. What's happen Jenner I doubt he would be traded. Similar like Cam.

J.T. Miller--Domi--Bjorkstrand
Laine--Roslovic--Bemstrom
Jenner--Foudy--Atkinson
Robinson--xxx--xxx

I didn't write Nyquist because I don't know his health condition and maybe it would be better to trade him. But again only for his injury.

If Patrik wants to be a star he must be a leader in the line and not look for partners for him. And let him shows his qualities (especially if he wants big salary).

Liam is talented. Maybe it's time to give him a real chance. IMHO Boone and Cam are ideal partners for him.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Krejci is too old for two year contract and more and I doubt he could agree with one year plus resign one year again.
If a new center my dream is J.T. Miller. Or he could play on the wing:

Maybe: Texier, Marchenko, our the 1th round pick (TOP 10), probably still something. Yes, from Marchenko could grow up a great player but every team needs similar player like J.T. Besides we have Voronkov and Chinakhov. What's happen Jenner I doubt he would be traded. Similar like Cam.

J.T. Miller--Domi--Bjorkstrand
Laine--Roslovic--Bemstrom
Jenner--Foudy--Atkinson
Robinson--xxx--xxx

I didn't write Nyquist because I don't know his health condition and maybe it would be better to trade him. But again only for his injury.

If Patrik wants to be a star he must be a leader in the line and not look for partners for him. And let him shows his qualities (especially if he wants big salary).

Liam is talented. Maybe it's time to give him a real chance. IMHO Boone and Cam are ideal partners for him.

Part of the appeal of J.T. Miller is that he shouldn't cost nearly that much. If Canucks fans are to be believed it would cost a late 1st and a good prospect.

By the way, I think we can be excited for Nyquist's return. His surgery has a high success rate and he got it to fix a chronic problem, so in some respects he might be better than before.

Reactions: VeseleTlacovky

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
"And possibly beyond" has me thinking that the Jackets will offer a 2 or 3 year option.

I also think he's played his way out of the basement level salary. He was one of our best D.
Plus Del Zotto isnt a young guy anymore. Dont see him being high on jumping from 1 year deal to 1 year deal knowing he played well enough to get a bit more

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
"And possibly beyond" has me thinking that the Jackets will offer a 2 or 3 year option.

I also think he's played his way out of the basement level salary. He was one of our best D.

I certainly hope we don’t go near a 2-3 year deal. Especially for anything over 1.5 million. He played fine this year but you can find a MDZ every offseason.

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad