GDT: Buffalo @ Washington 7pm EST TV: MSG and WSPN+

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Is the fishbowl really a better choice than a regular cage? It looks foggy, hot and uncomfortable to me.
You’d lose the fog issue but still have issues with your vision/depth perception at your feet.

I don‘t think Cozens played with a full cage/mask since his mid teens. It might be easier for a former NCAA player to make the adjustment.

Your suggestions are too simple and logical... so Adams probably won't do it.

I‘m guessing this wasn’t his opinion in the summer and he probably wanted to trade UPL.

Reactions: SabresFan26

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
Really kind the local media is more focused on Benson then asking the coach tough questions...

You’d lose the fog issue but still have issues with your vision/depth perception at your feet.

I don‘t think Cozens played with a full cage/mask since his mid teens. It might be easier for a former NCAA player to make the adjustment.

I‘m guessing this wasn’t his opinion in the summer and he probably wanted to trade UPL.
No idea what his opinion was in the summer but this makes sense to me

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
It's insane how difficult Adams has made something that's not all that difficult. Just get a f***ing goalie already

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Is the fishbowl really a better choice than a regular cage? It looks foggy, hot and uncomfortable to me.

Fishbowl is a better choice because it’s a clear visor in your field of vision. The bars kind of mess with it. But once you have to look down, the plastic messes with you because it mirrors the puck and the bars are a better option. The hybrid is the better option, but as far as I know it’s banned at the NHL level.

I haven’t played with the lower half shield, but I know I wouldn’t feel comfortable with that with a broken nose (assuming Cozens has that).

Regardless any plastic shield fogs up which is also annoying

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
I watched the third and OT. It’s incredible how much competitive time is just ceded by rolling out the dead weight in the forward ranks. What’s worse is that they rely even more on these terrible forwards by the 11-7 configuration.

Kevyn needs a lesson in the sunk cost fallacy. You have made terrible decisions, but all that matters is what you do now.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I watched the third and OT. It’s incredible how much competitive time is just ceded by rolling out the dead weight in the forward ranks. What’s worse is that they rely even more on these terrible forwards by the 11-7 configuration.

Kevyn needs a lesson in the sunk cost fallacy. You have made terrible decisions, but all that matters is what you do now.
double down?

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
Such a disappointing season so far. And unless theres a drastic turnaround coming up soon, they have totally crushed every positive vibe they started to build since the Eichel trade.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
They never admitted it like he said and I’ll never be able to find the episode but EF did say somewhat recently that Levi said he would not be coming out unless the Sabres gave him an opportunity to win the starters net.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
They never admitted it like he said and I’ll never be able to find the episode but EF did say somewhat recently that Levi said he would not be coming out unless the Sabres gave him an opportunity to win the starters net.
Getting an opportunity and being GUARANTEED no time in AHL are not the same thing.

Thats without getting into Friedman as a source.

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Others around here have speculated and I'm starting to think its true that one of the conditions of Levi signing with the Sabres was that they wouldn't send him to the AHL.
Wouldn't. I can't believe that. But i could see twenty games w a sv% a over 902 or wins similar to upl. I could also see too many losses for him or the team allows them to assign ahl and break a gentleman's agreement w them and agent

The tell to me , after his early shaky play w goals similar to tonight's like 3 and 4 which veterans are in his head ) , No conditioning reassignment to regain his swagger and calm . The fact he's overcommitting , goalie gripping his stick at key moments.

Levi clearly has the talents but his game is not as calming when we dominate a team. Like Caps. We, Step up and retaliate for power w two clean hits in third. . And THEN ridiculously stop trying to get fourth ( levi better on odd man than bs traffic and screens ) w the Granoto SHELL. Begging the gods to hold a one goal lead w a shaky goalie fighting himself or an injury . ( I'm your big fam Donny but that's a game you had and DID NOT trust your players to score and play in Washington end .) BS in a game theyall played well responding to Caps russian mob cheap tactics ( an admission YOU are better team). Lame. Don't play conservative, score five or forfeit and don't waste our emotional time

Also explains keeping 3 and all culminating in a final roster

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
He'll calm down like all the under 23 that shouldn't have big contravt pressure

Other opinions i liked;
"
Hey. UPL has been in the Sabres system 5+ years? and he’s just now showing like he’s getting it. I think we expected Levi to show up in year 1 at the NHL level and kill it. He’s definitely not killing it, but not getting embarrassed too much either. He will mature, understand the nuances to the NHL and the speed will be easier to manage. I don’t think it will take him 5 years to become really solid.

"
Omg I beg you, stop with the hasek thing

it’s not “hasek and everyone else”

there are *varying levels of goaltending play*

Levi has contributed heavily to some losses, but even a goalie who just “isn’t the main reason we lost” every night *isn’t good enough.*

“Dahlin wasn’t the main reason we lost, can’t blame him”

”Tage wasn’t the main reason we lost, can’t blame him”

Absurd, when you hear it with other positions besides goalies. Those guys have to be sometimes the reason we win.

Same goes for the goalie

Edited 1 hour ago by Thorny

Reactions: Tijuana Donkey Show

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Why is zemgus trying to chop it from up top? Just lift his stick
He got on the correct side of the puck, but too late to make the play. The right move this one time would have been to cut inside of Wilson on the high side.

What I'm trying to say is it's hard to criticize Girgs on that. Perfect pass to a well-positioned shooter in the slot.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021

And the idea that this three goalie thing is a good idea is so f***ing stupid. Levi needs to work on his game in the way every other NHL prospect goalie has. He's not that guy who can jump the process. It's costing them so much and I fear they're going to f*** him up in the process.
We talked about this all summer. Levi would have to be a once-in-decades anomaly to assert himself as the starter. And here we are.

Sucks to be right.

Nah , you don’t get to sign a massive $7M contract without expectations. He’s been absolutely brutal all year
All true. Also true that the game doesn't even get to OT without his goal.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
I shit on Jack for being a loser because of how he behaved toward others. ROR was a drunk. Sam was fine. Jack? That guy was repulsive.
Jack and ROR have Cups. ROR has a Smythe. Jack should have had one.

Is the objective good citizens or winning hockey games?

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
It's insane how difficult Adams has made something that's not all that difficult. Just get a f***ing goalie already
It's been discussed ad nauseam in here that it's actually quite difficult.

You know what would be worse than doing nothing? Signing the next Jack Campbell.

My harshest criticism about Adams and goaltending is anointing Levi as the starter.

Reactions: Zman5778

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

One of the few times I’ve agreed with Joe.

Its amazing how many posters on here just ignore this reality and pretend its depth players that are the issue.

It's the one reason why I'm not as down on this team as most. If we were hovering around .500 with our best players being our best players.....we'd be in big big trouble.

But we're hovering near .500 with Tage and Cozens playing as poor facsimiles of themselves. If those two get going and everyone else plays as they are now, we will make a push.

Reactions: joshjull

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013

Some poster suggested renaming the team the buffalo sunk cost fallacy. That was now at least a rebuild ago.

Reactions: sabremike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad