GDT: Buffalo @ Washington 7pm EST TV: MSG and WSPN+

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

One of the few times I’ve agreed with Joe.

Its amazing how many posters on here just ignore this reality and pretend its depth players that are the issue.

Both are issues, imo.
View attachment 772294

I know it's MoneyPuck. But at 38.6% odds to make the playoffs....9th best in the East......and given how we've played.......I'm still nowhere near done with the season.

We're by no means cooked.
Agreed. Im beyond frustrated with the first quarter of the season, but it's not over.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Skinner is basically the only vet producing as normal
Skinner has 1 point in his last 5 games, and is a liability out there right now. His effort level last night was non-existant. He's playing with no fire at all. He is most definitely part of the problem, especially with what he is being paid.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Kulich and Rosen have to stay down because development.

Cant tell you what we’ll do with Benson because development.

Savoie got less than 4 minutes and then shipped out because development.

Johnson you are outplaying everyone to the point we can’t send you down…so you will play limited minutes. Because development.

also…Levi you will play every third game and be terrible and it’s the worst possible thing we could do for you.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Both are issues, imo.
I'm not saying tweaks can't be done to improve the bottom of the lineup. But the big guns are a much bigger issue.

I'll use the forwards to make my point.

We came into the season with a pretty good bottom 6, especially the 3rd line.

Greenway/Mitts/Benson
Girgs/Krebs/Okposo

We should have enjoyed that 3rd line until at least Tage's injury. But the big guns in the top 6 (Tage, Tuch, Skinner and Cozens) were playing like ass. So, after 4 games that 3rd line was broken up and fed into a line blender to help get the top guys going.

To put it another way, our top guns poor play not only didn't get the job done to help us win. It also killed a very good depth line behind them.

Getting the top 6 going helps get the bottom 6 going, especially once Tage returns.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
View attachment 772294

I know it's MoneyPuck. But at 38.6% odds to make the playoffs....9th best in the East......and given how we've played.......I'm still nowhere near done with the season.

We're by no means cooked.
36.8% odds are not exactly great and require a lot to go the way of the Sabres. Their next opponent in the Penguins they have beaten 5 times in the last almost like 30 games in total and thats a wild card team that you have to beat.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN

It's not hyperbole or being drastic.. there is no 'its too early' anymore, every game matters.

Also playing from behind is hard for any team, even 3 points can be a mountain. If Sabres hot streak comes when the teams 3 points above them as well, they gain no ground. For every win Sabres need to rely on other teams to beat the teams above them just to gain ground.

How do the Sabres expect to do this when they can't beat the teams above them and the teams above them aren't losing.

It is being drastic, they have 63 games remaining and multiple against the teams above them. They absolutely need to start putting wins together but there is a lot of hockey between now and the all star break

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad